What if LR was a troll project and because of fan reception it was made real?

#1gb094Posted 10/6/2012 8:42:42 PM
*let's kid around!, oh, fans actually want it to be done?? Ok!*
---
Official ME of this universe... Why would I be someone else? That's just stupid.
#2Tobi011Posted 10/6/2012 8:45:03 PM
The same can be said about Versus.
#3King_Shortt_IXPosted 10/7/2012 10:56:29 AM
It already is a troll project.....
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#4EminentFatePosted 10/7/2012 11:01:44 AM
King_Shortt_IX posted...

I think that largely depends on whether or not you wanted another game in the XIII universe.

I didn't. XIII had closure, they shouldn't have introduced time travel out of thin air in the sequel I never asked for (unless it was foreshadowed in XIII... was it?)
---
"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde
#5jfielding95Posted 10/7/2012 11:36:58 AM
EminentFate posted...
King_Shortt_IX posted...

I think that largely depends on whether or not you wanted another game in the XIII universe.

I didn't. XIII had closure, they shouldn't have introduced time travel out of thin air in the sequel I never asked for (unless it was foreshadowed in XIII... was it?)

Others did, I asked for it.

If you didn't want it, then just finish at XIII and acknowledge the series' ending at the end of XIII as I do with X.
#6EminentFatePosted 10/7/2012 12:12:33 PM
jfielding95 posted...
EminentFate posted...
King_Shortt_IX posted...

If you didn't want it, then just finish at XIII and acknowledge the series' ending at the end of XIII as I do with X.

Of course, wasn't implying my side of the fence is the majority or anything. I actually enjoyed XIII-2 for its gameplay.

I can do that, but isn't X-2's existence justified by Tidus swimming back to shore at the end of X? XIII had a datalog entry about Yeul (I think), but what they should've done is actually showing Lightning being swallowed by chaos, and XIII-2 (and by extension, this) would've actually made sense from a plot perspective, and not just seem like a retcon of XIII's ending sequence.
/personal opinion
---
"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde
#7gb094(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 12:14:24 PM
EminentFate posted...
King_Shortt_IX posted...

Maybe it was just me but I found it weird that they de-crystallized and it seemed that not even a week had passed, and I also noticed Etro's Gate in the last boss fight (though I didn't know what it was)
---
Official ME of this universe... Why would I be someone else? That's just stupid.
#8jfielding95Posted 10/7/2012 12:17:07 PM
EminentFate posted...
jfielding95 posted...
EminentFate posted...
King_Shortt_IX posted...

Of course, wasn't implying my side of the fence is the majority or anything. I actually enjoyed XIII-2 for its gameplay.

I can do that, but isn't X-2's existence justified by Tidus swimming back to shore at the end of X? XIII had a datalog entry about Yeul (I think), but what they should've done is actually showing Lightning being swallowed by chaos, and XIII-2 (and by extension, this) would've actually made sense from a plot perspective, and not just seem like a retcon of XIII's ending sequence.
/personal opinion

I know what you are saying, I just mean that XIII-2 doesn't have to be played if you don't want it. To the end of you saying about XIII-2 retconning XIII, I just hope that LR doesn't rewind time to XIII's ending and pretend that it didn't happen, otherwise I would agree and say the sequels were completely unneeded.
#9TheGreatPotatoPosted 10/7/2012 1:14:09 PM
This thread makes Clausudo look smart.
---
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
Mada status: free.
#10FtpkornPosted 10/7/2012 1:15:29 PM
Die haters die.
---
Lightning likes to play life-sized chess in her new room.