The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Akitoshi Kawazu is the best writer still at Square Enix

#1GalvanizationPosted 10/7/2012 2:04:02 AM
He wrote the story and script for The Last Remnant.
---
"JRPGs are not mainly about story. That's just a trend FF started. Look at the huge sales of Pokemon. Do people buy it for the story? Hell no! " ~ Vex
#2Prpl_MerunicornPosted 10/7/2012 2:07:40 AM
I need to play that game to know if I should laugh at you.
---
The homunculus of ValcristPL.
#3Char_AznabIePosted 10/7/2012 2:08:53 AM
Please stop making topics tc.
---
Showing flashes of bravado, in a torrent of destruction,
keep your head above the mayhem; clarity will be your weapon as the blinded falter and die.
#4Galvanization(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 2:14:21 AM
Prpl_Merunicorn posted...

Compared to the nonsensical story of FFXIII and FFXIII-2, the story for TLR is far more comprehensible. Also, there's no Datalog. You find out the history of the world and locations by talking to NPCs and the cut-scenes in side-quests.
---
"JRPGs are not mainly about story. That's just a trend FF started. Look at the huge sales of Pokemon. Do people buy it for the story? Hell no! " ~ Vex
#5heartlessprinnyPosted 10/7/2012 2:17:07 AM
It's a shame they never made a PS3 version, I actually wanted to play it. I know it's made by a lot of ex Quest employees, and it did give me a bit of an Ogre Battle vibe from what little I saw of it.
#6Prpl_MerunicornPosted 10/7/2012 2:17:10 AM
Galvanization posted...

Compared to the nonsensical story of FFXIII and FFXIII-2, the story for TLR is far more comprehensible. Also, there's no Datalog. You find out the history of the world and locations by talking to NPCs and the cut-scenes in side-quests.

I looked it up on YT. I like how the combat system looks. I will give it a try.
---
The homunculus of ValcristPL.
#7Galvanization(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 2:39:34 AM(edited)
heartlessprinny posted...
It's a shame they never made a PS3 version, I actually wanted to play it. I know it's made by a lot of ex Quest employees, and it did give me a bit of an Ogre Battle vibe from what little I saw of it.

Wow! You haven't even played it and you already think it looks like Ogre Battle? Really? Dude, get this game. You will love the battle system! :D

Also, the battle director was the lead battle system designer of Ogre Battle. Yes, the same person. His name is Kazutoyo Maehiro.
---
#8Galvanization(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 2:38:19 AM
Galvanization posted...

I looked it up on YT. I like how the combat system looks. I will give it a try.

It's a very unappreciated JRPG, IMO. There's so much content and side-quests in the game.
---
#9heartlessprinnyPosted 10/7/2012 2:39:10 AM
Galvanization posted...

Wow! You haven't even played it and you already think it looks like Ogre Battle? Really? Dude, get this game. You will love the battle system! :D

Also, The battle director was the lead battle system designer of Ogre Battle. Yes, the same person. His name is Kazutoyo Maehiro.

That's good to hear, I suppose i could borrow my brothers 360 if need be.
#10Galvanization(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 2:41:30 AM
Galvanization posted...

Also, The battle director was the lead battle system designer of Ogre Battle. Yes, the same person. His name is Kazutoyo Maehiro.

That's good to hear, I suppose i could borrow my brothers 360 if need be.

Get the PC version, bro. It has more content and less technical issues. It's quite cheap now, too. The only downfall is that it can only be played with Steam, meaning you need an internet connection.
---