Akitoshi Kawazu is the best writer still at Square Enix

#31Galvanization(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 3:34:22 AM
heartlessprinny posted...
Ok Galv, I'm downloading it right now. If this game sucks I have you to blame for it.

LOL! OK, I'll accept the blame if you don't like it. On the bright side, at least got to try the game yourself and decide if you liked it or not. :)
---
"JRPGs are not mainly about story. That's just a trend FF started. Look at the huge sales of Pokemon. Do people buy it for the story? Hell no! " ~ Vex
#32theofficefan99Posted 10/7/2012 8:44:09 AM
The Last Remnant isn't a bad game. I was near the end of Disc 1 but I quit due to the awful technical issues of the 360 version. From what I played, the story, while nothing amazing, was interesting, and it has some very exciting and well-directed cutscenes. The music is great and the battle system is unique. The bosses near the end of Disc 1 are ****ing hard has ****, though. Just letting you know.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#33Rose_MagePosted 10/7/2012 11:12:01 AM
Kawazu is a badass.
---
Ranks ~ Team Rocket Executive, Sol Enchantress
http://fav.me/d5g7w6l
#34Galvanization(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 5:11:05 PM
Rose_Mage posted...
Kawazu is a badass.

Indeed. I miss his presence this gen. He's such a better writer than Toriyama.
---
"JRPGs are not mainly about story. That's just a trend FF started. Look at the huge sales of Pokemon. Do people buy it for the story? Hell no! " ~ Vex
#35heartlessprinnyPosted 10/7/2012 11:32:17 PM
I just started playing The Last Remnant. I haven't gotten far enough to pass judgement yet, but Rush is really annoying me right now. It's a combination of his voice acting and his stupid dialogue and attitude.
#36Galvanization(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 12:23:03 AM
I just started playing The Last Remnant. I haven't gotten far enough to pass judgement yet, but Rush is really annoying me right now. It's a combination of his voice acting and his stupid dialogue and attitude.

He becomes a badass over the course of the game. It's that traditional Luke Skywalker "noob to badass" character arc.
---
#37heartlessprinnyPosted 10/8/2012 12:40:06 AM
Good to hear, but he'll always be stuck with that annoying voice regardless.
#38Galvanization(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 3:16:57 AM

I've love his VA. It's the same guy who played Nero in Devil May Cry 4.
---
#39heartlessprinnyPosted 10/8/2012 3:32:40 AM
Galvanization posted...

I've love his VA. It's the same guy who played Nero in Devil May Cry 4.

Yeah, it's Johnny Young Bosch he does a ton of voices. Maybe It'll grow on me, but right now it doesn't seem to fit.