There's one thing we know for sure

#51theofficefan99Posted 10/8/2012 9:12:51 PM
Romangelo posted...
The_tall_midget posted...
Romangelo posted...
FFIX had an actual story. A non fail love story and it was the last FF style game where not everyone ended with the same god damn weapon/magics/ect, making every character redundant and boring. Most good gamers know IX was better.

Anyone who prefers XIII (any of the garbage) over IX is a tool. Simple as that.

FFX, XII, XIII characters have their best roles. no one told you to develop every characters to maximum and make them redundant. it's your fault.

and unique jobs for each characters =/= good gameplay. that's why FFIV and FFIX are boring. SE knew it and they dumped that concept since FFV.

FFIX just bring it back for one time only, to please you people, the nostalgia goggles.

the majority of gamers want to make their favorite characters to be anything they want. you're the minority, get over it.

Nope sorry brah. Majority think XIII is trash and IX is better. Sorry if young kids get easily excited by graphics and awful stories.

XIII sold more than IX

minority, huh?

Erm that's not really an argument. Not everyone that buys a game likes it. Though I do agree, I highly doubt that a "majority" hated XIII. I see tons of praise for the game, a little more than I see hate towards it. Though more often than not the hate will come from people who never played it, only played it for an hour or two, or hated the game because of auto-battle and whatnot.

Though it's very different and it has its flaws, it's a very well-made game and it's just illogical to assume that a majority of people that bought it hate it.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#52Iampony1Posted 10/8/2012 9:15:32 PM
Romangelo posted...
Romangelo posted...
FFIX had an actual story. A non fail love story and it was the last FF style game where not everyone ended with the same god damn weapon/magics/ect, making every character redundant and boring. Most good gamers know IX was better.

FFX, XII, XIII characters have their best roles. no one told you to develop every characters to maximum and make them redundant. it's your fault.

and unique jobs for each characters =/= good gameplay. that's why FFIV and FFIX are boring. SE knew it and they dumped that concept since FFV.

FFIX just bring it back for one time only, to please you people, the nostalgia goggles.

the majority of gamers want to make their favorite characters to be anything they want. you're the minority, get over it.

Nope sorry brah. Majority think XIII is trash and IX is better. Sorry if young kids get easily excited by graphics and awful stories.

XIII sold more than IX

minority, huh?

So how is Type-0 for you?
---
Bring awareness to Type-0 and Vs 13
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-versus-xiii/63945817
#53theofficefan99Posted 10/8/2012 9:16:02 PM
Harmisto posted...
Romangelo posted...
Romangelo posted...

XIII sold more than IX

minority, huh?

and 13-2 sold 4 million copies less than 13, lots of disappointed fans huh?

This is also not really a good argument. There are other factors as well.

-X-2 not being received very well by fans
-Square Enix not having a good reputation with spin-offs and sequels
-XIII-2 had very bad trailers
-After the Japanese release, MANY people were bummed out by:
-The lack of Lightning and the original cast in general
-Only Serah and Noel being playable, while monsters (99% rehashed from XIII) are your 3rd party members
-The large amount of DLC planned
-The trollish ending
-The fact that it ends with a "To Be Continued..."

etc. etc. etc.

It's not just because XIII was divisive among the fanbase.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#54RomangeloPosted 10/8/2012 9:21:54 PM
Iampony1 posted...
Romangelo posted...
Romangelo posted...

XIII sold more than IX

minority, huh?

SUCKS and overrated.

I should realized it from the beginning. people who praise Type-0 are the same people that hate every modern FF, therefore they're unreliable.
---
X > V > T > VI > XIII-2 > XII > TLR > XIII > X-2 > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
#55ManaYukaPosted 10/8/2012 9:25:21 PM

Why do people create reasons to justify things? Who really believes this?

What? Parasite Eve 2, Advent Children , X-2 and TAY. Only one that did poorly was XIII-2.

I seem to remember people loving the trailers...

-Only Serah and Noel being playable, while monsters (99% rehashed from XIII) are your 3rd party members
-The trollish ending

These are after the game was released....the game already had really bad launch numbers. Sold 500K copies, when XIII sold 1.5 million on launch.

The main reason was XIII itself and you know it.
---
Best show: Game of Thrones Best game: Tactics Ogre Let us Cling Together
I am not female; Yukanna means "the valiant" in Japanese.
#56chocolatesodaPosted 10/8/2012 9:31:04 PM
I blame marketing.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmZ0XthctSI
#57theofficefan99Posted 10/8/2012 9:40:49 PM(edited)
Yukanna posted...

Why do people create reasons to justify things? Who really believes this?

What? Parasite Eve 2, Advent Children , X-2 and TAY. Only one that did poorly was XIII-2.

I seem to remember people loving the trailers...

-The trollish ending

These are after the game was released....the game already had really bad launch numbers. Sold 500K copies, when XIII sold 1.5 million on launch.

The main reason was XIII itself and you know it.

X-2 was very hated by the fanbase. Do you not remember this? Do you not see this? There's praise for the battle system and that's it. MANY X fans hate X-2.

I was talking Final Fantasy wise. X-2, Dirge of Cerberus, Advent Children, Crystal Chronicles, The After Years, etc. etc. all really not considered great compared to the mainline titles. Only exception is Tactics.

Funny, I remember people hating the trailers. Including myself. They were horrible.

Yes, after the game was released in Japan, a lot of people knew about this stuff (and even before, there was a ton of speculation about the game being unappealing due to it being focused on a "random guy" and the "damsel in distress" of FFXIII, the whole time travel aspect being random and unappealing, Lightning barely being shown (along with the rest of the cast), among other things), and it was a turn-off for many people.

No, it isn't just because of Final Fantasy XIII. Its divisiveness is definitely a main factor but it is not the sole reason. But please, continue on your quest to spew blind hatred towards the game as usual.
---
#58Iampony1Posted 10/8/2012 9:40:32 PM
Romangelo posted...
Iampony1 posted...
Romangelo posted...

XIII sold more than IX

minority, huh?

SUCKS and overrated.

I should realized it from the beginning. people who praise Type-0 are the same people that hate every modern FF, therefore they're unreliable.

Translating those words to normal human must mean its a recommendation and its one of the best titles in the series!
---
Bring awareness to Type-0 and Vs 13
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-versus-xiii/63945817
#59TheGreatPotatoPosted 10/9/2012 7:13:03 AM
Jude_Mathis posted...
FFIX is one of the worst FF ever made.

I have 1,004 reasons why it sucked.

http://pbskids.org/arthur/games/factsopinions/

Another elice alt? Preparing for the armageddon or something?
---
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
Mada status: free.
#60EminentFatePosted 10/9/2012 8:12:47 AM
Jukain posted...
Final Fantasy Tactics, the undisputed champion of all Final Fantasy games.

http://bit.ly/TqXeT5
---
"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde