There's one thing we know for sure

#61ManaYukaPosted 10/9/2012 8:40:00 AM
X-2 was very hated by the fanbase. Do you not remember this? Do you not see this? There's praise for the battle system and that's it. MANY X fans hate X-2.

I'm not saying it wasn't. But there is no correlation to X-2 game and XIII-2. Just because their sequels means nothing.

I was talking Final Fantasy wise. X-2, Dirge of Cerberus, Advent Children, Crystal Chronicles, The After Years, etc. etc. all really not considered great compared to the mainline titles. Only exception is Tactics.

Im not talking about the reaction, im talking about the success of the projects. X-2, Advent Children, TAY are all successful titles. Very successful titles. XIII-2 is the only one that from the launch it had problems with people not wanting to but it. None of these sequels were affected by the ones before it, but XIII-2 suddenly is?

No, it isn't just because of Final Fantasy XIII. Its divisiveness is definitely a main factor but it is not the sole reason. But please, continue on your quest to spew blind hatred towards the game as usual.

I didnt say it was just because of XIII, I said it was the main reason. You admit it was a main factor, then why dispute with me?

And for once Id like to have a conversation where you didn't attack me. Just once officefan.
---
Best show: Game of Thrones Best game: Tactics Ogre Let us Cling Together
I am not female; Yukanna means "the valiant" in Japanese.
#62RomangeloPosted 10/9/2012 9:04:35 AM
X-2 haters = women haters
---
X > V > T > VI > XIII-2 > XII > TLR > XIII > X-2 > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
#63LionHeart48Posted 10/9/2012 9:36:17 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
The_tall_midget posted...
Romangelo posted...
The_tall_midget posted...
FFIX had an actual story. A non fail love story and it was the last FF style game where not everyone ended with the same god damn weapon/magics/ect, making every character redundant and boring. Most good gamers know IX was better.

Anyone who prefers XIII (any of the garbage) over IX is a tool. Simple as that.

FFX, XII, XIII characters have their best roles. no one told you to develop every characters to maximum and make them redundant. it's your fault.

and unique jobs for each characters =/= good gameplay. that's why FFIV and FFIX are boring. SE knew it and they dumped that concept since FFV.

FFIX just bring it back for one time only, to please you people, the nostalgia goggles.

the majority of gamers want to make their favorite characters to be anything they want. you're the minority, get over it.

Nope sorry brah. Majority think XIII is trash and IX is better. Sorry if young kids get easily excited by graphics and awful stories.

I love both IX and XIII, what does that make me?

It doesnt mean anything. If you love both games thats fine. But when someone says XIII is better than IX they don't know what there talking about. Also as for XIII being hated alot i think 60-70% hate it and 40-30% like it. But that's just me i dont go to every FF Fan out there and ask them if they love the game or not so the numbers i put could be totally wrong.
---
IX > VI > VII > IV > X > VIII > V > XII > I > III > II > 50 miles down filled with human waste then XIII
#64JukainPosted 10/9/2012 10:23:07 AM
X-2 was very hated by the fanbase. Do you not remember this? Do you not see this? There's praise for the battle system and that's it. MANY X fans hate X-2.

I love X-2 and I hate X. Sooo... yeah.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#65Rose_MagePosted 10/9/2012 12:10:55 PM
I seriously hope you are not that guy whom trolls at the B2 board, TC.
---
Ranks ~ Team Rocket Executive, Sol Enchantress
http://fav.me/d5g7w6l
#66GambaKufuuPosted 10/9/2012 12:18:33 PM
Romangelo posted...
DemonPathRevya posted...
Romangelo posted...
GambaKufuu posted...
FF IX is underrated! FF 7, FF 10 and FF 13 arent the only FF games. Im just glad that Square Enix are experimenting with Action RPG elements.

FFIX is overrated now. 95% of this board is worshiping it.

Same thing with X and VII. Yet it's ok then? Take your double standards back to the loli pit you crawled out of!

I hate FFIX, sue me.

No need. you're entitled to have your opinion. We're all still FF gamers.
---
Do I HAVE to put something in my signature? OK 'Dont praise Dubstep when it is just a Subgenre of UK Garage & Grime, nutcases.
#67EminentFatePosted 10/9/2012 12:20:17 PM
Romangelo posted...

wat
---
"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde
#68DragoonGriffithPosted 10/9/2012 12:21:02 PM
Romangelo posted...

lol
---
Currently playing: Tales of Vesperia (PS3), Graces f, Wild ARMs 2, Ys: The Oath in Felghana.
#69Iampony1Posted 10/14/2012 10:10:35 PM
Romangelo posted...

X-2 lovers = ????
---
Bring awareness to Type-0 and Vs 13
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-versus-xiii/63945817
#70RomangeloPosted 10/15/2012 2:12:14 AM
Iampony1 posted...
Romangelo posted...

X-2 lovers = ????

the real man!!
---
X > V > T > VI > XIII-2 > XII > TLR > XIII > X-2 > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II