Lightning way too OP, I bet she will lose all her powers in the begnning of this

#41roxas9001Posted 10/8/2012 2:29:56 PM
I think people are over exaggerating as usual, I feel that "being juiced up by a goddess" is still fantasy-like unlike Advent Crap where they just started doing nonsense outta nowhere when they couldn't do it in the original game.
---
Not changing this until DmCrap flops.
Official Snow Villiers of the Lightning Returns Board.
#42Tobi011Posted 10/8/2012 2:31:31 PM
I think people are over exaggerating as usual, I feel that "being juiced up by a goddess" is still fantasy-like unlike Advent Crap where they just started doing nonsense outta nowhere when they couldn't do it in the original game.

Advent Children is something we should forget about.
#43FtpkornPosted 10/8/2012 3:00:42 PM
Destroyer_Mage posted...
King_Shortt_IX posted...
Destroyer_Mage posted...
Lightning is Etro 2.0 so suck it

So she is going to be a moron and give crappy gifts to people she sympathizes with.

Its already been confirmed she can now perform miricals, hopefully she won't make dumb decisions like Retro :\

How is Etro dumb when they've ended up better then they were before Etro's intervention?
---
Lightning likes to play life-sized chess in her new room.
#44Panda-KunPosted 10/8/2012 3:39:46 PM
kupo1705 posted...
roxas9001 posted...
gjvaquino posted...
kupo1705 posted...
She can't even beat Caius.

My frame of reference for her powers was with the scene that she totally obliterates the huge meteor falling from the sky with just her shield. Well they're both immortal i mean no death in Valhalla right?? Lol I dont even kno how Caius died in the end....

Ignore that clown, Light pretty much was pounded Caius during the intro.

Tori already said she's going to be stronger than she was in XIII-2.

What's the matter?
Upset Caius beat your little pink slave of the goddess?

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! :3
---
The hottest girl alive..? That goes to Miss Hanzhou. I could watch that woman strut her stuff all day long. She is the epitome of very sexy.
#45roxas9001Posted 10/8/2012 4:03:09 PM
Clownpo posted...
What's the matter?
Upset Caius beat your little pink slave of the goddess?

Funny thing, Light isn't my favorite FF female.
---
Not changing this until DmCrap flops.
Official Snow Villiers of the Lightning Returns Board.
#46MagiusNecrosPosted 10/8/2012 4:18:41 PM
kupo1705 posted...
MagiusNecros posted...
Jude_Mathis posted...
They could do something where they make all the monsters be so different after hundreds of years and much stronger and evolved so her strength at the end of the first 2 games is like basic for the new threats? And then she has to get EVEN stronger to beat them?

No?

They pretty much just want to make Lightning > God I think. :/

She still has a way to go to get to ExDeath and Ultimecia tier.

I don't think she wants to become a splinter.

Until Lightning can change her shape. Even if it's a splinter, she'll never be on top.
---
I GILGAMESH FAN KING WILL CONQUER THE VERSUS BOARD! HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Official GILGAMESH/BARBATOS/MAGNUS of every Gamefaqs Board
#47Bronze_StuffPosted 10/9/2012 4:37:45 AM
roxas9001 posted...

Yeah, it was dumb there, and Lightning getting blessing and crap constantly is stupid too. Both are bad. I don't care which one is worse. Losing your leg sucks more than losing your finger, but both still suck.
---
Jimbo.
#48kupo1705Posted 10/9/2012 4:39:27 AM
MagiusNecros posted...
kupo1705 posted...
MagiusNecros posted...
Jude_Mathis posted...
They could do something where they make all the monsters be so different after hundreds of years and much stronger and evolved so her strength at the end of the first 2 games is like basic for the new threats? And then she has to get EVEN stronger to beat them?

No?

They pretty much just want to make Lightning > God I think. :/

She still has a way to go to get to ExDeath and Ultimecia tier.

I don't think she wants to become a splinter.

Until Lightning can change her shape. Even if it's a splinter, she'll never be on top.

She changed her clothes.
#49mahroflcopterPosted 10/9/2012 5:16:39 AM
Bronze_Stuff posted...
roxas9001 posted...

Yeah, it was dumb there, and Lightning getting blessing and crap constantly is stupid too. Both are bad. I don't care which one is worse. Losing your leg sucks more than losing your finger, but both still suck.

Being overpowered isn't inherently a bad thing as long as you have a writer who knows how to handle it. Toriyama and Normura obviously don't. "Cloud is too overpowered? Heck, then we'll just say that Sephiroth is even more powerful than before. Oh, we've got Cloud backed into a corner now? Well, we'll just give him a mega ultra super awesome attack that'll one shot Sephiroth!" and it just goes on and on. With Toriyama it's "Lightning was extremely powerful in XIII (she takes out entire battalions of men, a security fleet, etc), but in XIII-2, she'll be much more than a L'cie as she has a connection to the Divine! Oh, Lightning was God-like in XIII-2, but now she is even more powerful! She can create miracles! Her enemies? Hell, just give them plot armor a mile thick and have the world end in 13 days." It is honestly like your typical shonen hero. "Ichigo or Naruto are powerful... but the antagonist is even more powerful! GIVE DEM AN UPGRADE! Now they are super powerful! We need an even more powerful antagonist! The antagonist is too strong now? GIVE DEM B****ES A POWER UP!" Rinse and repeat a million times. There's no end to the cycle of "Find a more powerful antagonist or impossible situation, get through it by magically gaining more power. If it doesn't make sense... too bad". Lightning and Cloud are fine being powerful... but you can't just throw "Super Mega Ultra Powerful antagonist #44" at them and expect it to be believable or at all interesting when they overcome the situation with "With the power of friendship and love... I AM UNBEATABLE" or "You have underestimated me [insert name here]".
---
"Mahroflcopter... mahroflcopter... mahroflcopter goes squa squa squa!"
#50Destroyer_MagePosted 10/9/2012 6:11:14 AM
@Ftpkorn how exactly are things better since Etro's intervention?
---
Official President of the Dresdenfall Fanclub
Official Balthier4King of all GameFAQs boards,except on Tuesday when I'm the Official Panda of the XIII series :P