Final Fantasy XIII

#21kupo1705Posted 10/8/2012 12:27:30 PM
EminentFate posted...
kupo1705 posted...
EminentFate posted...
Tobi011 posted...
This actually seems like a nice idea TC.

Thank you. I'm hoping Square tries something like this with a mainline numbered FF game. But not with XV, though. I'd like an updated version of FFX's battle system to be in that.

How could you possibly update it?
The only thing I can think of is making the character progression, skills stats and such more complex.
The actual battle system should stay unchanged.

Switching party members in and out would drain a stamina gauge. Or something like that. *shrugs*

I never switched party members.
#22arvilinoPosted 10/8/2012 12:52:06 PM
kupo1705 posted...
EminentFate posted...
Tobi011 posted...

Thank you. I'm hoping Square tries something like this with a mainline numbered FF game. But not with XV, though. I'd like an updated version of FFX's battle system to be in that.

The only thing I can think of is making the character progression, skills stats and such more complex.

I'd say it needs to be way less tedious for the end game stuff(Arena Dark Aeons and Penance), when the enemies HP start reaching the high hundred thousands and Millions it's horrible especially the Monster Arena things that drop the stat node spheres. Same with the Sphere Grid which gets just as boring at the same point.

Otherwise it's pretty fine.
#23EminentFate(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 8:28:00 AM
kupo1705 posted...
EminentFate posted...
kupo1705 posted...
EminentFate posted...
Tobi011 posted...

Switching party members in and out would drain a stamina gauge. Or something like that. *shrugs*

I never switched party members.

Same here. But this version of it would require switching party members in and out, because the mana gauge drains relatively quickly because magic is measured in blood. Blood fuels magic spells.

And this is exactly why I should never quit my job and become a screenwriter. :/
---
"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde
#24kupo1705Posted 10/9/2012 8:34:46 AM
EminentFate posted...
Same here. But this version of it would require switching party members in and out, because the mana gauge drains relatively quickly because magic is measured in blood. Blood fuels magic spells.

And this is exactly why I should never quit my job and become a screenwriter. :/

Blood magic?
#25jfielding95Posted 10/9/2012 8:36:15 AM
Blood Magic sounds ominously familiar....
#26EminentFate(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 8:36:20 AM
kupo1705 posted...
EminentFate posted...

Blood magic?

Eyup.

I'm just that unoriginal and unimaginative.
---
#27kupo1705Posted 10/9/2012 8:37:09 AM
EminentFate posted...
kupo1705 posted...
EminentFate posted...

Blood magic?

Eyup.

I'd rather have necromancy.
I want a FF in which I can command a skeleton army.
#28EminentFate(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 8:41:52 AM
kupo1705 posted...
EminentFate posted...
kupo1705 posted...
EminentFate posted...

Blood magic?

Eyup.

As would I.

Speaking of which, here's what Sazh would look like as a skeleton:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-YNTm9G6RoUI/T3kDxRqeCfI/AAAAAAAAAOw/5H8s1jLOSLI/s1600/Brook.jpg
---
#29kupo1705Posted 10/9/2012 8:46:48 AM
EminentFate posted...
kupo1705 posted...
EminentFate posted...
kupo1705 posted...
EminentFate posted...

Blood magic?

Eyup.

As would I.

Speaking of which, here's what Sazh would look like as a skeleton:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-YNTm9G6RoUI/T3kDxRqeCfI/AAAAAAAAAOw/5H8s1jLOSLI/s1600/Brook.jpg

Why the long face?

Sorry..
#30EminentFate(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 8:50:03 AM
He just saw his own junk in the mirror.

It was... MAGNIFICIENT.
---