Why do most people hate this games story

#51pariah23Posted 10/9/2012 7:53:58 AM
"Most" people don't hate the game's story. This board is simply flooded by a vocal minority of nostalgia freaks that keep trying to convince themselves that everyone else feels the same way they do.
#52hotmj023Posted 10/9/2012 8:00:51 AM
Wayavas posted...
kupo1705 posted...
It's a Final Fantasy game.
That's the only reason FFXIII sold.

^
---
FF7 - 8.9
ff13 - 7.0 - Majority rules
#53EminentFatePosted 10/9/2012 8:02:43 AM
Panda-Kun posted...
EminentFate posted...
...He now sits on a chair somewhere on a beach in Honolulu while being served drinks, and footrubs by pandas?

Yeaaahhhh. Just like that. Heheheheh.

Face it, your kin cannot compare to humans, moogles, and fanboys of that blithering buffoon, GILGAMESH.

You mix damn good drinks though, I daresay.
---
"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde
#54jfielding95Posted 10/9/2012 8:05:53 AM
hotmj023 posted...
Wayavas posted...
kupo1705 posted...
It's a Final Fantasy game.
That's the only reason FFXIV sold.

^
#55CaitPosted 10/9/2012 8:06:49 AM
(o.o) @lolokay First of all, your little 'fix'd did absolutely nothing and do you want to know why? I'll explain it to you. Kupo said "It's a Final Fantasy game. that's the only reason it sold" but your " fix'd" said " it's a final fantasy game. That's the only reason it sold so well." Basically, you are saying the same thing with different words that the ONLY reason ffxiii sold. (it hardly matters you "so well") is because it is a final fantasy game. If you Changed ffxiii to another title, it would be a new ip that is less likely to sell, if square had created a new ff title. That ff title would have sold and the game that could have been ffxiii wouldn't have sold as much. You can't simple add a couple of words like you did and radically change the meaning. You tried to fix kupo's statement and didn't't. Besides, kupo's right, but if you enjoyed it, well, it wouldn't be the first time that's happened. The majority didn't like ffxiii and want it to end.
---
Thanks to my dislike of Final Fantasy XIII, I looked back on ALL Final Fantasy games and now which one I like for what reason. Angry blame XIII.
#56MalakTawusPosted 10/9/2012 8:08:29 AM
pariah23 posted...
"Most" people don't hate the game's story. This board is simply flooded by a vocal minority of nostalgia freaks that keep trying to convince themselves that everyone else feels the same way they do.

Definitely this.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#57jfielding95Posted 10/9/2012 8:10:24 AM
Cait posted...
(o.o) @lolokay First of all, your little 'fix'd did absolutely nothing and do you want to know why? I'll explain it to you. Kupo said "It's a Final Fantasy game. that's the only reason it sold" but your " fix'd" said " it's a final fantasy game. That's the only reason it sold so well." Basically, you are saying the same thing with different words that the ONLY reason ffxiii sold. (it hardly matters you "so well") is because it is a final fantasy game. If you Changed ffxiii to another title, it would be a new ip that is less likely to sell, if square had created a new ff title. That ff title would have sold and the game that could have been ffxiii wouldn't have sold as much. You can't simple add a couple of words like you did and radically change the meaning. You tried to fix kupo's statement and didn't't. Besides, kupo's right, but if you enjoyed it, well, it wouldn't be the first time that's happened. The majority didn't like ffxiii and want it to end.

Stop speaking majority/minority, you have no idea which is which.

In History the other day, we were debating whether the minority or majority wanted Charles I dead, and you know what? Either answer is right as it couldn't be measured, in the same vein, you can't determine what the 'majority' thinks so don't say the majority didn't like it.
#58gjvaquinoPosted 10/9/2012 8:13:10 AM
MalakTawus posted...
pariah23 posted...

Definitely this.

I have no problem with 13 but with 13-2 i have to say I disagree 100%, The story is utter grabage. Everything else is fine. To have plot elements like having the heart of choas transfer because of having or not having enough will is utter bs and you know it.
---
Sneer
Plunge into the chasms of time. - Jihl Nabaat
#59chocolatesodaPosted 10/9/2012 8:14:55 AM
Cait posted...
The majority didn't like ffxiii

http://www.terrariaonline.com/attachments/i-dont-even-jpg.33112/
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmZ0XthctSI
#60MagiusNecrosPosted 10/9/2012 8:15:08 AM
gjvaquino posted...
MalakTawus posted...
pariah23 posted...

Definitely this.

I have no problem with 13 but with 13-2 i have to say I disagree 100%, The story is utter grabage. Everything else is fine. To have plot elements like having the heart of choas transfer because of having or not having enough will is utter bs and you know it.

Ignore Malak.

I know a fanboy when I see one.

A FAN KING has to know these things.
---
I GILGAMESH FAN KING WILL CONQUER THE VERSUS BOARD! HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Official GILGAMESH/BARBATOS/MAGNUS of every Gamefaqs Board