Why do most people hate this games story

#61RomangeloPosted 10/9/2012 8:15:13 AM
I don't see any issue in XIII story
---
X > V > T > VI > XIII-2 > XII > TLR > XIII > X-2 > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
#62MalakTawusPosted 10/9/2012 8:28:06 AM
MagiusNecros posted...
gjvaquino posted...
MalakTawus posted...
pariah23 posted...
"Most" people don't hate the game's story. This board is simply flooded by a vocal minority of nostalgia freaks that keep trying to convince themselves that everyone else feels the same way they do.

Definitely this.

I have no problem with 13 but with 13-2 i have to say I disagree 100%, The story is utter grabage. Everything else is fine. To have plot elements like having the heart of choas transfer because of having or not having enough will is utter bs and you know it.

Ignore Malak.

I know a fanboy when I see one.

A FAN KING has to know these things.

Ignore MagiusNecros.

I know a troll/hater when i see one.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#63kupo1705Posted 10/9/2012 8:30:00 AM
MalakTawus posted...
MagiusNecros posted...
gjvaquino posted...
MalakTawus posted...
pariah23 posted...
"Most" people don't hate the game's story. This board is simply flooded by a vocal minority of nostalgia freaks that keep trying to convince themselves that everyone else feels the same way they do.

Definitely this.

I have no problem with 13 but with 13-2 i have to say I disagree 100%, The story is utter grabage. Everything else is fine. To have plot elements like having the heart of choas transfer because of having or not having enough will is utter bs and you know it.

Ignore Malak.

I know a fanboy when I see one.

A FAN KING has to know these things.

Ignore MagiusNecros.

I know a troll/hater when i see one.

I expect everyone to know themselves.
#64MalakTawusPosted 10/9/2012 9:00:24 AM(edited)
gjvaquino posted...
MalakTawus posted...
pariah23 posted...

Definitely this.

I was mainly referring to FFXIII, i actually like that story. Nothing great as Xeno-games, but still i liked a lot, probably thanx to the characters that were interesting to me and maybe also 'cause i love the setting.
About FFXIII-2,it's true that there are elements that are unclear and that i also don't like at all, but imo it wasn't as terrible as some describe and some of the complaints about the story are not even right (like people that don't understand why changing the future can change the past, i have had a few discussions even about things like that).
It's a story with faults, nothing great, but not garbage either imo.

..........also, if we want to be REALLY honest, i have seen absurd story-elements like that one even in other games (tons of times actually) but "strangely" i don't see all these complainers crying like "it's the end of the world".

kupo1705 posted...

I expect everyone to know themselves.

Of course. I know that you know to be a troll/hater.

---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#65MalakTawusPosted 10/9/2012 8:58:53 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#66gjvaquinoPosted 10/9/2012 9:34:29 AM
MalakTawus posted...
gjvaquino posted...
MalakTawus posted...
pariah23 posted...

Definitely this.

I was mainly referring to FFXIII, i actually like that story. Nothing great as Xeno-games, but still i liked a lot, probably thanx to the characters that were interesting to me and maybe also 'cause i love the setting.
About FFXIII-2,it's true that there are elements that are unclear and that i also don't like at all, but imo it wasn't as terrible as some describe and some of the complaints about the story are not even right (like people that don't understand why changing the future can change the past, i have had a few discussions even about things like that).
It's a story with faults, nothing great, but not garbage either imo.

..........also, if we want to be REALLY honest, i have seen absurd story-elements like that one even in other games (tons of times actually) but "strangely" i don't see all these complainers crying like "it's the end of the world".

I believe that the so called "haters" are vocal because these are story/plot elements are not usually found in a Final Fantasy game. I seems like the writes didnt even put any thought or effort into the narrative. People are unhappy about the direction of where it is headed at least when it comes to plot quality imo. Final Fantasy has always been equated with quality and excellence. I never had to think twice about buying an FF game but now its a totally different story.
---
Sneer
Plunge into the chasms of time. - Jihl Nabaat
#67ColonelGuilePosted 10/9/2012 10:00:35 AM
GrapeKiwi posted...
yet its probably the best selling RPG at the moment , and they're milking ''lightning'' harder then they milked FF7. I just cant see it. is it because of the square tag? what makes these games so good? I thought the first ff13 was..a good recipe for success but there were just so many glaring things that made it terrible (characters, gameplay, splitting party members). Idk, maybe thats just me. whats the consensus here? What seems to be the compelling factor getting people to buy these games? it can't just be lightning. inb4 trolls

@ this post - FF7 still takes the cake with being milked. Considering the game is coming out with its third title, it is safe to say that there are enough fans who like it and enjoy the story/RPG elements/and what have you

@ topic question - many of them simply just never paid attention
#68mahroflcopterPosted 10/9/2012 10:12:33 AM
ColonelGuile posted...
GrapeKiwi posted...
yet its probably the best selling RPG at the moment , and they're milking ''lightning'' harder then they milked FF7. I just cant see it. is it because of the square tag? what makes these games so good? I thought the first ff13 was..a good recipe for success but there were just so many glaring things that made it terrible (characters, gameplay, splitting party members). Idk, maybe thats just me. whats the consensus here? What seems to be the compelling factor getting people to buy these games? it can't just be lightning. inb4 trolls

@ this post - FF7 still takes the cake with being milked. Considering the game is coming out with its third title, it is safe to say that there are enough fans who like it and enjoy the story/RPG elements/and what have you

@ topic question - many of them simply just never paid attention

You do realize that your argument goes both ways: FFVII had 2 sequels, 2 prequels, and several other media, meaning that enough people must have enjoyed them for them to exist, just like XIII (2 sequels, 4 novella so far, $70 of DLC so far, 2 Ultimania soon to be 3, Lightning's mother flipping perfume being sold, etc).

Also, it is unbelievably ignorant to write off all complaints about the story to "many of them simply just never paid attention".
---
"Mahroflcopter... mahroflcopter... mahroflcopter goes squa squa squa!"
#69Elice_CarolPosted 10/9/2012 10:15:15 AM
People hate it because it's Toriyama, and Toriyama ripped off DDS. Then again, with DDS only one of them was a fugitive and they didn't run across half the world from the army, but eh, they also (successfullyish) attempted to topple their silly billy government.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://pbskids.org/arthur/games/factsopinions/
#70kupo1705Posted 10/9/2012 10:15:42 AM
FFVII is 15 years old.
FFXIII is 2 years old.

5 games in 15 years is not nearly as much as 3 games in 3 years.