With Snow now being confirmed... I have a quick question

#51FtpkornPosted 10/10/2012 8:08:29 PM
OEIO999 posted...
Ftpkorn posted...
It's not just the 'i am da hero' and 'seraaaah' thing, it's what he says inbetween that also, like 'fightings only stupid if you die' right to hopes face and he isn't one to judge, he throws himself at enemies like a stupid *****. Though he has his good points...

No he really doesn't. I will not subside my stubbornness to acknowledge any of his merits

Yeah i am really just trying to get on a level ground as not to start a flame war, i think the best things about him is his theme song and cool bro attitude minus the stupid **** he says lol
---
Lightning likes to play life-sized chess in her new room.
#52TheGreatPotatoPosted 10/10/2012 8:13:49 PM(edited)
I used Fang, Vanille and Lightning. The stupid lack of leader swapping meant Fang was the controlled char for the turtles, unless I felt like using the awesome sounding death spell. Otherwise Lightning was leader with the occasional Vanilla ice.
---
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
Mada status: free.
#53chaosflame108Posted 10/10/2012 8:29:07 PM
Elice_Carol posted...
I really think Snow developed in Chapter 7. Unlike Vanille who ran away from her problems and acted like she was from outer space, Snow was upfront with his feelings after Hope revealed himself to be Nora's son (well, that was common knowledge to everyone except Snow) and attempted to murder him.

If you or me were in the same position, we'd probably trust our human instincts/dislike of Hope's whinyness and kill the kid, but no, Snow knew that he had to make things right and even offered Hope the opportunity to kill him if he believed that would soothe the pain of losing his mother and being made a l'Cie, a wanted fugitive. Didn't even bring up the hero thing once, other than admitting that he was using that charade to make himself feel that he was doing the right thing.

See? Snow is capable of being a pretty cool guy!

This, Snow is awesome.
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!
#54FtpkornPosted 10/10/2012 8:33:34 PM
Kit_Sakurazuka posted...
I don't hate Snow. I want to punch him in the face a lot until he sees reason and grows up a little, but he really grew on me as a character...it's hard to really dislike someone who's THAT nice.

The people who dislike him are the same people who dislike Hope because he's whiny, or Lightning because they think she's a *****. These people either stopped playing the game three or four hours in, or don't understand the concept of 'character development' at all.

You're wrong, i actually dislike snow the most, i wouldn't go so far as hate rather i just don't care for him, but i like hope a lot, he grew on me as a character and lightning had every right to be frustrated and punch snow out now and then, he deserved it.

And I want to have babies with Lightning. So this is completely false.
---
#55Bronze_StuffPosted 10/10/2012 9:01:29 PM(edited)
Kit_Sakurazuka posted...
I don't hate Snow. I want to punch him in the face a lot until he sees reason and grows up a little, but he really grew on me as a character...it's hard to really dislike someone who's THAT nice.

The people who dislike him are the same people who dislike Hope because he's whiny, or Lightning because they think she's a *****. These people either stopped playing the game three or four hours in, or don't understand the concept of 'character development' at all.

Making a character act like a lunatic so you can make them "mellow" out isn't character development. It's bad writing. There shouldn't be a distinct point where I can say "such and such changed." It's like novice writers understand the concept of dynamic characters, but they do not actually have the skill or knowledge to actually execute such properly. It's absolutely maddening that people would act like simply understanding the concept of character development is enough to give a character a free pass. Not to mention, when you have a cast full of dynamic characters it screams "I can't write" more than anything else.
---
Jimbo.
#56gwoodtamu(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2012 9:43:31 PM
Bronze_Stuff posted...
Kit_Sakurazuka posted...

Making a character act like a lunatic so you can make them "mellow" out isn't character development. It's bad writing. There shouldn't be a distinct point where I can say "such and such changed." It's like novice writers understand the concept of dynamic characters, but they do not actually have the skill or knowledge to actually execute such properly. It's absolutely maddening that people would act like simply understanding the concept of character development is enough to give a character a free pass. Not to mention, when you have a cast full of dynamic characters it screams "I can't write" more than anything else.

Oh hey look guys,

the first "bad writing" troll guy came in and posted.
#57OEIO999Posted 10/11/2012 1:53:27 AM
Ftpkorn posted...
OEIO999 posted...
Ftpkorn posted...
It's not just the 'i am da hero' and 'seraaaah' thing, it's what he says inbetween that also, like 'fightings only stupid if you die' right to hopes face and he isn't one to judge, he throws himself at enemies like a stupid *****. Though he has his good points...

No he really doesn't. I will not subside my stubbornness to acknowledge any of his merits

Yeah i am really just trying to get on a level ground as not to start a flame war, i think the best things about him is his theme song and cool bro attitude minus the stupid **** he says lol

I'd rather have Lightning as my 'bro' :)
#58FtpkornPosted 10/11/2012 2:41:15 AM
OEIO999 posted...
Ftpkorn posted...
OEIO999 posted...
Ftpkorn posted...

I'd rather have Lightning as my 'bro' :)

I couldn't think of lightning as a bro haha but yeah you make a valid point XD
---
#59King_Shortt_IXPosted 10/11/2012 4:40:10 AM
Lightning is a pretty cool bro.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#60Dragon93085Posted 10/11/2012 7:17:44 AM
Once he got past his hero complex within the beginning chapters of the game, he became a somewhat complex character. Palumpolum, The Ark, and from Pulse onward was where he really evolved as a character and, used the word 'hero' a lot less. He had more in the way of development than Fang (who?) and Hope. Most of Hope's development was tied into his hatred of Snow, so once that all came to a head in Palumpolum, Hope kind of fell off the development tree after that. The next thing he did of some significance was acquiring Alexander, and after that, he pretty much just followed the group to the end of the game.

I tend to agree that most of the hate for Snow is simply bandwagon. I don't think he gets nearly as much hate, but it only seems as such because of a few vocal people who dislike him and then the bandwagon that follows behind them. Either way, people are entitled to their own opinions, but to say that Snow stayed in his 'hero' phase throughout FFXIII's journey is not really accurate. And to say he was not a developed character is just wrong. Not when Fang and Hope had little to no development throughout the entire adventure.

Also, at maxed Crystarium and with a fully maxed out Feymark, Snow becomes the best RAV in the game because of his offensive casting speed. He is a bit faster than Lighting (when she used Edged Carbine), so they are the first and second best RAVs and Ruinbot COMs in the game. (Snow is a better COM because of casting speed again, but he also gets Adrenaline whereas Lightning does not.)