Lightning/Claire Farron is a rip off of Clare from the Claymore anime

#1VersusCancelledPosted 10/11/2012 4:08:59 PM
Both are cold, heartless females who carry around a kewl sword and are only concerned with fulfilling the requirements of their occupation.

Both females also have a young whiny boy following them around after the boy's parents died.

Both females also willingly sacrifice themselves for their sister.

Clare became a Claymore while following Teresa (and to be closer to her.) Claire was turned into a Lushi by the Falshi during her quest to find Serah.

Both females are notorious for punching males.

Both are females.
#2Chickity_ChinaPosted 10/11/2012 4:23:29 PM
Who the **** cares about anime? Boom.
---
#1 fan of the one and only Warrior Goddess, Lightning
Add me on TERA (Dragonfall): Lee.Hyori
#3ableriderPosted 10/11/2012 4:25:52 PM
VersusCancelled posted...
Both are cold, heartless females who carry around a kewl sword and are only concerned with fulfilling the requirements of their occupation.

Both females also have a young whiny boy following them around after the boy's parents died.

Both females also willingly sacrifice themselves for their sister.

Clare became a Claymore while following Teresa (and to be closer to her.) Claire was turned into a Lushi by the Falshi during her quest to find Serah.

Both are females.

l love FF13 but Claire is not mach for Clare from claymore
claymore is the best anime ever!!!!
#4VersusCancelled(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2012 4:30:10 PM
Chickity_China posted...

A lot of people do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otaku
#5DragoonGriffithPosted 10/11/2012 4:41:02 PM(edited)
Chickity_China posted...

Considering that Lightning is in many ways like a chick from an anime...
---
Currently playing: Tales of Vesperia (PS3), Graces f, Wild ARMs 2, Ys: The Oath in Felghana.
#6gjvaquinoPosted 10/11/2012 4:42:19 PM
This board made me LOL so hard. I'm a huge fan of Claymore. Even went as far as to read the manga because the anime doesnt do justice to it. What's funny is that I don't see the similarities that you are pointing out. The comparison your making is pretty much on the surface its laughable.
---
Sneer
Plunge into the chasms of time. - Jihl Nabaat
#7MalakTawusPosted 10/11/2012 4:42:31 PM
What a newbe,TC.
Claire's character is from a manga,not an anime.
The anime was done a lot later and btw it's not as great as the manga since the last episodes are quite absurd (they had to conclude the story somehow).
Claymore's manga is a masterpiece and Claire is a great main character, BUT beside the fact of being a very tough girl, she has not a lot in common with Lightning.

What the hell are you saying? This doesn't describe those two at all,not even close.

Clare became a Claymore while following Teresa (and to be closer to her.)

No, she volunteer to be turned in a warrior to take revenge on Priscilla.

No, only Lightning.

Both are females

Ok, this is something that they have in common,lol
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#8DragoonGriffithPosted 10/11/2012 4:45:36 PM
If anything, Lightning is more similar to Utena.
---
Currently playing: Tales of Vesperia (PS3), Graces f, Wild ARMs 2, Ys: The Oath in Felghana.
#9gjvaquinoPosted 10/11/2012 4:46:06 PM
MalakTawus posted...
What a newbe,TC.
Claire's character is from a manga,not an anime.
The anime was done a lot later and btw it's not as great as the manga since the last episodes are quite absurd (they had to conclude the story somehow).
Claymore's manga is a masterpiece and Claire is a great main character, BUT beside the fact of being a very tough girl, she has not a lot in common with Lightning.

What the hell are you saying? This doesn't describe those two at all,not even close.

Clare became a Claymore while following Teresa (and to be closer to her.)

No, she volunteer to be turned in a warrior to take revenge on Priscilla.

No, only Lightning.

Both are females

Ok, this is something that they have in common,lol

I wanted to add that it was a huge travesty to have Clare in any way even be compared to Lightning. Lightning didnt go through half the crap that Clare did. This board is a travesty to everything Claymore.
---
Sneer
Plunge into the chasms of time. - Jihl Nabaat
#10VersusCancelled(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2012 4:46:07 PM
gjvaquino posted...
This board made me LOL so hard. I'm a huge fan of Claymore. Even went as far as to read the manga because the anime doesnt do justice to it. What's funny is that I don't see the similarities that you are pointing out. The comparison your making is pretty much on the surface its laughable.

You're obviously biased against FF13 (I would be too if someone was trying to taint the awesomeness that is Claymore) so you don't see the connections. But they're extremely obvious if you just watch the anime and play FF13.