So do you think this game will have a legit villain?

#1DemonPathRevyaPosted 10/11/2012 8:27:47 PM
Nothing faceless or over staying their welcome? One with some development and we get to see rise to become the big threat in the end?
---
"Not on my watch Monsieur Napolean Bonerhard!!!" -Tink
+The Few, The Proud, The Vaan Fans+
#2Tobi011Posted 10/11/2012 8:41:27 PM
Well yes... Maybe. What legit villains do we have in Final Fantasy? I'm pretty sure we have some decent ones.
#3DemonPathRevya(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2012 8:51:01 PM
It all boils down to opinion really but for me a legit villain shouldn't have everything handed to him from day one otherwise there is no room for development unless he was meant to lose it all.

I like a villain that does something unexpected to the player and the protagonist. I hate cliche easy to read type villains.

I like a vilain that doesn't waste time to take advantage of the moment. He sets the pieces up and turns the game in his favor.

For me a good example would be Delita from FFT
---
#4FtpkornPosted 10/11/2012 8:58:22 PM
DemonPathRevya posted...
It all boils down to opinion really but for me a legit villain shouldn't have everything handed to him from day one otherwise there is no room for development unless he was meant to lose it all.

I like a villain that does something unexpected to the player and the protagonist. I hate cliche easy to read type villains.

I like a vilain that doesn't waste time to take advantage of the moment. He sets the pieces up and turns the game in his favor.

Delita was good in that he made me want to punch him lol

So definatly a good villian.
---
Lightning likes to play life-sized chess in her new room.
#5DemonPathRevya(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2012 9:01:57 PM
Ftpkorn posted...
DemonPathRevya posted...

Delita was good in that he made me want to punch him lol

So definatly a good villian.

He trolled all three of us: You, Ramza and I. XD
---
#6TheBestGman2007Posted 10/11/2012 10:35:22 PM
Tobi011 posted...
Well yes... Maybe. What legit villains do we have in Final Fantasy? I'm pretty sure we have some decent ones.

There's Kuja.
---
Maybe we'd fall short. Maybe we'd never even come close. But someone, someday, would know we'd tried.- Vanille
Official Vanille of the Lightning Returns board.
#7HitzkolpfPosted 10/11/2012 10:45:35 PM
The villain is called "Logical Story".

We'll have to kill it!
#8Lord_FishyStickPosted 10/11/2012 11:58:07 PM
Well, the true hero already killed the villain in XIII-2.

Who's an even bigger bad guy than Etro?
#9LenneValkiryePosted 10/12/2012 1:06:15 AM
Caius is the most legit villain FF has gotten so far... I dont understand what the point of this topic is...
#10Lord_FishyStickPosted 10/12/2012 1:10:05 AM
LenneValkirye posted...
Caius is the most legit hero the FF XIII games have gotten so far...

Fix'd for justice.