What's the main complaints of XII?

#1DilsDilevaPosted 10/11/2012 11:03:18 PM
I've only seen a few videos of it, and while I find some minor things disturbing, it looks pretty great to me, and the gameplay looks really fun.

So why do so many people complain on it?
---
H/W
#2Destroyer_MagePosted 10/11/2012 11:09:55 PM
Its a great game.The only problem I found was the lack of romance and the summons.Haters gonna hate.
---
http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/681990-lightning-returns-
final-fantasy-xiii/64294428
#3kupo1705Posted 10/11/2012 11:11:01 PM
Because they don't like good games.
#4Lord_FishyStickPosted 10/11/2012 11:15:17 PM
I personally think it's one of the better, if not, the best FF games to come out outside of handhelds.

These are some of the complaints I keepstumbling upon (some of which I can understand).

- Vaan isn't the central character in the plot, so why is he considered the main character, and not Ashe?
- They ripped off Star Wars in many ways.
- Everyone plays the same; so it doesn't matter who's in your party.
- You can beat the final boss without even touching the controller.
- No one's interesting in the main cast, aisde from Balthier.

And I'm sure there's more I can't remember at the moment.
#5Destroyer_MagePosted 10/11/2012 11:36:20 PM
The Octopuss headed Coeurl kind of blowed...
---
http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/681990-lightning-returns-
final-fantasy-xiii/64294428
#6TorgoForeverPosted 10/11/2012 11:42:18 PM
officefan would probably fill this topic in *lurks*
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nintendsonydo?feature=mhee
oFFiciAL ToRgO and tOMmy wiSEaU oF tHE qUIttinG REturneRS
#7jfielding95Posted 10/11/2012 11:42:20 PM
Lord_FishyStick posted...
I personally think it's one of the better, if not, the best FF games to come out outside of handhelds.

These are some of the complaints I keepstumbling upon (some of which I can understand).

- Vaan isn't the central character in the plot, so why is he considered the main character, and not Ashe?

I think the main complaint about XII is that its story is incredibly boring to some people with a few political stunts being the height of the story, and that it features a number of bland characters (Except for Basch, Balthier and Ashe) and little of these characters actually get developed.
#8Lord_FishyStickPosted 10/11/2012 11:46:45 PM
jfielding95 posted...

I think the main complaint about XII is that its story is incredibly boring to some people with a few political stunts being the height of the story, and that it features a number of bland characters (Except for Basch, Balthier and Ashe) and little of these characters actually get developed.

Those are the main complaints you listed, but these are things I tend to hear IRL most of the time whenever discussing XII with anyone.
#9OEIO999Posted 10/11/2012 11:48:18 PM
I've heard some very VERY reasonable complaints, back in its time.

Like "Ohhhh myy GODDD, the game is too BIG!"

*Ohh my GODD, it's not turn-based! I want my money back!!!"

"Ohhhh myyy GODDD, the character customisation is too COMPLICATED and let's you be too STRONG!"

"Oh mahhh GAWDD, the gambit system makes the AI do everything, I have no control *sobs*..."

"Ohh MYYY GODDDDD, this is the worst FF there is, because this isn't a LOVE STORY *RAGEEEEEEE*"

.....and you get the point, this fan base is truly gifted with some fascinating creatures
#10jfielding95Posted 10/11/2012 11:48:52 PM
jfielding95 posted...

Those are the main complaints you listed, but these are things I tend to hear IRL most of the time whenever discussing XII with anyone.

Sorry...jus' sayin'

I thought the gameplay was great, they nailed it, but the story just didn't do it for me personally.