What's the main complaints of XII?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. What's the main complaints of XII?

User Info: DilsDileva

DilsDileva
4 years ago#1
I've only seen a few videos of it, and while I find some minor things disturbing, it looks pretty great to me, and the gameplay looks really fun.

So why do so many people complain on it?
H/W

User Info: Destroyer_Mage

Destroyer_Mage
4 years ago#2
Its a great game.The only problem I found was the lack of romance and the summons.Haters gonna hate.
http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/681990-lightning-returns-
final-fantasy-xiii/64294428

User Info: kupo1705

kupo1705
4 years ago#3
Because they don't like good games.

User Info: Lord_FishyStick

Lord_FishyStick
4 years ago#4
I personally think it's one of the better, if not, the best FF games to come out outside of handhelds.

These are some of the complaints I keepstumbling upon (some of which I can understand).

- Vaan isn't the central character in the plot, so why is he considered the main character, and not Ashe?
- They ripped off Star Wars in many ways.
- Everyone plays the same; so it doesn't matter who's in your party.
- You can beat the final boss without even touching the controller.
- No one's interesting in the main cast, aisde from Balthier.

And I'm sure there's more I can't remember at the moment.

User Info: Destroyer_Mage

Destroyer_Mage
4 years ago#5
The Octopuss headed Coeurl kind of blowed...
http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/681990-lightning-returns-
final-fantasy-xiii/64294428

User Info: TorgoForever

TorgoForever
4 years ago#6
officefan would probably fill this topic in *lurks*
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nintendsonydo?feature=mhee
oFFiciAL ToRgO and tOMmy wiSEaU oF tHE qUIttinG REturneRS

User Info: jfielding95

jfielding95
4 years ago#7
Lord_FishyStick posted...
I personally think it's one of the better, if not, the best FF games to come out outside of handhelds.

These are some of the complaints I keepstumbling upon (some of which I can understand).

- Vaan isn't the central character in the plot, so why is he considered the main character, and not Ashe?

I think the main complaint about XII is that its story is incredibly boring to some people with a few political stunts being the height of the story, and that it features a number of bland characters (Except for Basch, Balthier and Ashe) and little of these characters actually get developed.

User Info: Lord_FishyStick

Lord_FishyStick
4 years ago#8
jfielding95 posted...

I think the main complaint about XII is that its story is incredibly boring to some people with a few political stunts being the height of the story, and that it features a number of bland characters (Except for Basch, Balthier and Ashe) and little of these characters actually get developed.

Those are the main complaints you listed, but these are things I tend to hear IRL most of the time whenever discussing XII with anyone.

User Info: OEIO999

OEIO999
4 years ago#9
I've heard some very VERY reasonable complaints, back in its time.

Like "Ohhhh myy GODDD, the game is too BIG!"

*Ohh my GODD, it's not turn-based! I want my money back!!!"

"Ohhhh myyy GODDD, the character customisation is too COMPLICATED and let's you be too STRONG!"

"Oh mahhh GAWDD, the gambit system makes the AI do everything, I have no control *sobs*..."

"Ohh MYYY GODDDDD, this is the worst FF there is, because this isn't a LOVE STORY *RAGEEEEEEE*"

.....and you get the point, this fan base is truly gifted with some fascinating creatures

User Info: jfielding95

jfielding95
4 years ago#10
jfielding95 posted...

Those are the main complaints you listed, but these are things I tend to hear IRL most of the time whenever discussing XII with anyone.

Sorry...jus' sayin'

I thought the gameplay was great, they nailed it, but the story just didn't do it for me personally.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. What's the main complaints of XII?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived