FFII has its redeeming points.

#31Josh_the_WhitePosted 10/14/2012 2:36:14 PM
Romangelo posted...
TehAssasin posted...
Romangelo posted...
0/10

It doesn't has any hot female playable character. a bad game is a bad game.

You mean to tell me this http://images-mediawiki-sites.thefullwiki.org/09/2/0/7/989967340870568.jpg is hot?

http://i.imgur.com/TIsSI.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/cShOV.jpg

YES!!

When I saw that second picture I was behooved to say, "Sweet swirling onion rings!"
---
On a mission to beat every Legend of Zelda game (excluding the crappy "non-existent" Phillips CD-i games).
Started: 12/19/2011
#32King_Shortt_IXPosted 10/14/2012 2:38:13 PM
Doom_Infinite posted...
King_Shortt_IX posted...
They need to bring back the leveling mechanics from II.

Let’s be honest, it was experimental at best and absolutely not tuned enough to work efficiently.

You can have your guys damage your own party members for 2 hours and you’ll have over 1500-2000 hp for each guy and ready to move through 2/3 of the game with super ease. That’s a problem...

Bring it back, albeit fined tuned.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#33Josh_the_WhitePosted 10/14/2012 2:38:23 PM
_Snowx_ posted...
kupo1705 posted...
The majority of the people who say it's bad have never played it.

I wholeheartedly agree.
The majority of people who did play it will say that it's absolutely atrocious.

The following sums up FFII quite well:
"Final Fantasy II will do everything in its power to beat you down. It is a pair of simultaneous battles on two separate planes. The first is the fictional struggle of Frioniel and the rebel forces against the might of the Paramekian Empire. The second is the very real battle between you, the player, and Final Fantasy II, in which the game attempts to foil your efforts and demoralize you from ever playing again. As you try to beat Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy II tries to beat you."
"If your will somehow remains unbroken at this point and the game is still turned on, Final Fantasy II will begin administering electrical shocks through the controller."

I find the bolded part funny as I have beaten the game three times. So if that's the goal of Final Fantasy II, then in that sense the game is a failure.
---
On a mission to beat every Legend of Zelda game (excluding the crappy "non-existent" Phillips CD-i games).
Started: 12/19/2011
#34TorgoForeverPosted 10/14/2012 3:09:02 PM
For it's time, it really wasn't that bad. Many NES sequels (Castlevania 2, Zelda 2) were trying to reinvent themselves with some good concepts and mixed execution.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nintendsonydo?feature=mhee
oFFiciAL ToRgO and tOMmy wiSEaU oF tHE qUIttinG REturneRS
#35LionHeart48Posted 10/14/2012 3:10:00 PM
_Snowx_ posted...
kupo1705 posted...

I wholeheartedly agree.

"Final Fantasy II will do everything in its power to beat you down. It is a pair of simultaneous battles on two separate planes. The first is the fictional struggle of Frioniel and the rebel forces against the might of the Paramekian Empire. The second is the very real battle between you, the player, and Final Fantasy II, in which the game attempts to foil your efforts and demoralize you from ever playing again. As you try to beat Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy II tries to beat you."
"If your will somehow remains unbroken at this point and the game is still turned on, Final Fantasy II will begin administering electrical shocks through the controller."

What i liked about II was Firion and The Emperor was an amazing villian. What bothered me and most likely alot of other people is the leveling system. The game isn't actrocius but the leveling system really sucked.
---
IX > VI > VII > IV > X > VIII > V > XII > I > III > II > 50 miles down filled with human waste then XIII
#36heartlesshero17Posted 10/14/2012 3:21:31 PM
Always loved the town theme
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#37Resvil12Posted 10/14/2012 8:08:27 PM
_Snowx_ posted...
kupo1705 posted...

I wholeheartedly agree.

This 1000% the game is actually punishing you for playing it especially with the 4th chars
---
Saying "(Insert game you like) didn't get a good score just because it's not Call of duty" is not a valid argument.