Why is does square love FF IV so much?

#71TorgoForeverPosted 10/21/2012 12:13:18 AM
_Snowx_ posted...
My theory is that FFIV is without question the easiest FF to remake.
It has a very linear structure, very basic combat system without fancy attacks or complex formulae, a very stereotypical plot that gives lots of room for retcons and despite everything, it's a rather popular FF because it was actually the best JRPG available when it was first released due to non-existant competition, so the fans are willingly to overlook its flaws (which would be unacceptable nowdays).

FFIV's sole purpose is to be an easily recyclable cash cow, and so far it has worked wonders. SE better not push their luck though, even die-hard fanboys have started to realize that they're being ripped off.
...but that won't stop them from buying the inevitable PSP remake when it's out.

A. There was one.

B. I... agree with you? Fine you earn this one.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nintendsonydo?feature=mhee
oFFiciAL ToRgO and tOMmy wiSEaU oF tHE qUIttinG REturneRS
#72_Snowx_Posted 10/21/2012 12:13:40 AM
My theory is that FFIV is without question the easiest FF to remake.
It has a very linear structure, very basic combat system without fancy attacks or complex formulae, a very stereotypical plot that gives lots of room for retcons and despite everything, it's a rather popular FF because it was actually the best JRPG available when it was first released due to non-existant competition, so the fans are willing to overlook its flaws (which would be unacceptable nowdays).

FFIV's sole purpose is to be an easily recyclable cash cow, and so far it has worked wonders. SE better not push their luck though, even die-hard fanboys have started to realize that they're being ripped off.
...but that won't stop them from buying the inevitable IOS remake when it's out.
#73badboyPosted 10/21/2012 1:07:52 AM
The story is just epic.
#74TorgoForeverPosted 10/21/2012 1:27:34 AM
badboy posted...
The story is just epic.

Yeesh, another Glitchy alt? Except this one doesn't like TWEWY to try and throw us off? Bad boy indeed.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nintendsonydo?feature=mhee
oFFiciAL ToRgO and tOMmy wiSEaU oF tHE qUIttinG REturneRS
#75Wakizashi_513Posted 10/21/2012 1:31:56 AM
TorgoForever posted...
badboy posted...
The story is just epic.

Yeesh, another Glitchy alt? Except this one doesn't like TWEWY to try and throw us off? Bad boy indeed.

Or maybe he/she..... Oh I don't know, likes the story.
#76badboyPosted 10/21/2012 3:09:51 AM
TorgoForever posted...
badboy posted...
The story is just epic.

The F you want?
#77MasterShot2k5Posted 10/21/2012 5:17:30 AM
Because, money, that's why. `
---
Haters gonna hate......
#78PaladinCecilPosted 10/22/2012 8:30:10 PM(edited)
_Snowx_ posted...
PaladinCecil posted...
Rosa > Rydia. At the time FF4 was released, Rosa was pretty developed for an RPG character. Most of the undue hatred she gets comes from two places: people that started with the series later and then played FF4 after, or hateful Rydia fanboys (there are good Rydia fans too, but a lot of horrible ones).

The "Rosa is just a generic white mage" argument comes from people that don't realize that Rosa was the very first white mage in the series to have her traits, meaning she was so good at the time that she became an archetype for all the qualities expected of white mage characters.

Biased username is biased.
Rosa wasn't the first white mage, Minwu was. And he's a far better character than her.
That alone kills your argument so there's no point in discussing the rest.

I didn't say Rosa was the first white mage ever created. I said she was the first white mage created that had her specific character traits. Minwu was not the kind, gentle, loving type of white mage that became a staple set of traits for the class. All of that started with Rosa. Minwu was more of a hybrid white mage and fighter.

And I'd debate your suggestion that Minwu was "better," but aside from you giving no actual reasons, it's clear you're stubbornly biased against her. Nothing I say would ever change your mind, since you are determined to hate the character. Your sole goal with everything I could possibly say would be to try to make up any excuses you could imagine to "invalidate" my statements. I've seen it countless times, mostly from Rydia fanboys. You're not the first.

Edit: Also, when I created this username, I created it because I liked Cecil as a character. Not because of Rosa. I didn't even start heavily defending her on forums until I saw people badmouthing the character, outright making up things about her backstory just to get other people to hate the character. Pathetic? Yes. Actually happened? Yes.

---
"Without me along, who will heal you when you're hurt?" - Rosa Farrell, Final Fantasy IV
#79gamingratPosted 10/22/2012 8:46:38 PM
The reason that Square loves IV so much is because it is easily the best game in the series. It is what VII dreams of being.
---
GT:gamingrat91