Can Lightning do anything right?

#1HitzkolpfPosted 10/21/2012 2:07:23 AM
Can we expect more epic fails from Goddess Lightning in LR? - Results (51 votes)
Yes
62.75% (32 votes)
No
37.25% (19 votes)
This poll is now closed.
The Road So Far:

- Tries to save Serah from the fate of being an l'Cie; gets everyone turned into l'Cie.
- Tries to save Coccoon; gets everyone crystallized, and gets Etro involved in their ****.
- Tries to help Hope mourn his mom; instead spurns him into wanting to kill Snow.
- Tries to fight the fate Barty set out for them; ends up fulfilling it.
- Sends Noel back in time to help Serah; ends up ****ing things up further because Noel is an idiot.
- Becomes Etro's Warriah Gawdess, tasked with protecting Her; ends up failing even this.
#2FtpkornPosted 10/21/2012 2:09:26 AM
Hitzkolpf posted...
The Road So Far:

- Tries to save Serah from the fate of being an l'Cie; gets everyone turned into l'Cie.
- Tries to save Coccoon; gets everyone crystallized, and gets Etro involved in their ****.
- Tries to help Hope mourn his mom; instead spurns him into wanting to kill Snow.
- Sends Noel back in time to help Serah; ends up ****ing things up further because Noel is an idiot.
- Becomes Etro's Warriah Gawdess, tasked with protecting Her; ends up failing even this.

Wrong, snow is an idiot, not noel.

He did all he could to save everything.

Snow just tried to look cool.
---
HAHAHAHAHAHA!! KNEEL DOWN BEFORE ME!!!
<lezardquote>
#3madapocketPosted 10/21/2012 2:11:30 AM
Lightning: I WON'T abandon you.

*Disappears without a trace*

yep.
---
I've never eaten a Swedish fish in my life. It's a scam.
#4Hitzkolpf(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2012 2:11:35 AM
Ftpkorn posted...
Hitzkolpf posted...
The Road So Far:

Effort =/= results.

Jim Carrey's efforts in Dumb and Dumber - to return a suitcase to this chick on the other side of America - was noble. But the resuts were ****ty. Because his character was an idiot.

Like Noel.
#5Caius_BalladPosted 10/21/2012 2:15:07 AM
What an unfortunate wording for the title. I'm pretty sure she can do things fairly well ~_^

She's an attractive female after all.
---
http://i.imgur.com/3rWRw.jpg
Embrace the terror
#6Hitzkolpf(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2012 2:18:07 AM
Caius_Ballad posted...
What an unfortunate wording for the title. I'm pretty sure she can do things fairly well ~_^

She's an attractive female after all.

Hey, you stick to your love for underage girls with running disorders.
#7FtpkornPosted 10/21/2012 2:29:08 AM
Hitzkolpf posted...
Ftpkorn posted...
Hitzkolpf posted...
The Road So Far:

Effort =/= results.

Jim Carrey's efforts in Dumb and Dumber - to return a suitcase to this chick on the other side of America - was noble. But the resuts were ****ty. Because his character was an idiot.

Like Noel.

All you can do is try. And he didn't blatantly do stupid things.
---
HAHAHAHAHAHA!! KNEEL DOWN BEFORE ME!!!
<lezardquote>
#8MalakTawusPosted 10/21/2012 2:47:00 AM
Hitzkolpf posted...
The Road So Far:

1- Everyone had their own personal reasons to go to the fal' cie, it's idiotic to say that it was Lightning's responsability for what heppened to them. Actually if she wasn't for her she would have gone alone, so even more reason that she has no fault.

2-It was Etro herself that decided to get involved for whatever reason. Probably we don't even know the REAL reason why Etro decided to do this.
People accuse Etro to have caused all this mess, but the truth is that we don't even know if without her intervention the humanity's fate would have been better, infact chaos IS NOT THE ONLY PROBLEM, even Bhuni would probably want to put an end to humanity since it doesn't seem to want "mortals" in his ideal world.
For all we know Etro entrusted Lightning the only possible solution to save humanity from both chaos and Bhuni, even if there would have been heavy losses.

3- Hope didn't kill Snow so actually Lightning's influence had a positive effect on him.....

4-Actually they end up screwing his plan completely,lol.
Also you make it seems as if there would have been a better solution compared to what they did,lol.

5- How is that her fault? She basically did the only thing that she could do to save Serah at that time, it's not that she had other options,genius.
Also it was Serah herself that decided to sacrifice herself, no one could have avoided her fate after her decision to go on despite the risk, Serah herself knew this very well.

6- In case you haven't noticed, Lightning's story is not finished yet, so we don't know if she will really fail her mission (the same applies to Serah as well, it's possible that she'll never return to life, but it's not 100% impossible either).
Almost surely Etro knew that she would have died anyway, that's why she chose Lightning. From Etro's pov Lightning's real mission wasn't even to protect her life but to "defeat" chaos, there are more than one hint that suggest this (especialy her sword)
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#9kupo1705Posted 10/21/2012 2:48:34 AM
Yes.
She can punch people.
#10madapocketPosted 10/21/2012 2:49:34 AM
kupo1705 posted...
Yes.
She can punch people.

Can she punch Mog?
---
I've never eaten a Swedish fish in my life. It's a scam.