Do you guys really think this'll be the Lightning Saga's last installment

#51ColonelGuilePosted 10/22/2012 8:54:57 AM
MagiusNecros posted...
ColonelGuile posted...
MagiusNecros posted...
I hope by super advancement you mean a end to cancerous cesspool.

You shouldn't joke about cancer...

I wasn't.

You were saying the XIII series was a "cancerous cesspool" though.

"A common cold that never ends" would be a better analogy next time... just sayin
#52mahroflcopterPosted 10/22/2012 9:12:29 AM
ColonelGuile posted...
mahroflcopter posted...
Unless if Lightning Returns does extraordinarily well, it will be the last game if for no other reason than too low of sales to sustain any kind of budget (a sequel almost certainly have to be on the next gen consoles, which would require a massive budget).

Also, XIII did not "scream" for a sequel. In fact, it was much too conclusive for a sequel to have been in mind.

Exactly.

It would have to sell extremely well for them to even consider it at all.

At the end of XIII though, for me, I was left wanting more - like they couldn't just end it there, and sure enough we got the rumors of another XIII game in late 2010 followed by the official announcement in January 2011

I personally would have done things differently, but what's done is done.

I was definitely left wanting more since the later 40% of the game's story was so sloppy and rushed that by the end I was face palming at just how much potential they wasted. They had too much story to tell and rather than planning the story that was found in XIII as a trilogy (they had more than enough story to tell) or even splitting it up into two games (this still would have helped), they crammed as much as they could into a single game, left the rest on the cutting room floor, and glossed many of the deeper storylines. When the game sold enough to warrent a sequel, they were left with the problem of "We had a conclusive ending and solved all major plot lines brought up in XIII" which is probably why XIII-2 feels so damn disconnected from XIII to me.
---
"Mahroflcopter... mahroflcopter... mahroflcopter goes squa squa squa!"
#53MagiusNecrosPosted 10/22/2012 9:13:51 AM
ColonelGuile posted...
MagiusNecros posted...
ColonelGuile posted...
MagiusNecros posted...
I hope by super advancement you mean a end to cancerous cesspool.

You shouldn't joke about cancer...

I wasn't.

You were saying the XIII series was a "cancerous cesspool" though.

"A common cold that never ends" would be a better analogy next time... just sayin

I think a everpresent alternative event of vomiting and diarrhea is a more apt analogy.
---
I GILGAMESH FAN KING WILL CONQUER THE VERSUS BOARD! HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Official GILGAMESH/BARBATOS/MAGNUS of every Gamefaqs Board