Should Materia return?

#1DilsDilevaPosted 10/22/2012 8:36:31 PM
Not neccessarily Materia per se, but something that functions similarily. - Results (76 votes)
Yes
36.84% (28 votes)
Don't care
25% (19 votes)
No
38.16% (29 votes)
This poll is now closed.
It was pretty neat to be able to somewhat customize your abilities, like gaining HP from using Fire, countering death by summoning Phoenix, etc.

Also, I have to apologize for the stupid topic I made recently. I'm a mess right now and should never had posted it (didn't lose any karma, yayz).
My sincerest apologies. *Feels a lot better*
---
H/W, S/F
#2MoonlightJustPosted 10/22/2012 9:59:02 PM
No. I love VII, and the Materia system has been my favorite system so far, but I think that an important part of each series is the new and different ways you do and learn abilities. Maybe a system like the materia system, but I wouldn't want an exact rehash.
#3TorgoForeverPosted 10/22/2012 9:59:33 PM
MoonlightJust posted...
No. I love VII, and the Materia system has been my favorite system so far, but I think that an important part of each series is the new and different ways you do and learn abilities. Maybe a system like the materia system, but I wouldn't want an exact rehash.

This
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nintendsonydo?feature=mhee
oFFiciAL ToRgO and tOMmy wiSEaU oF tHE qUIttinG REturneRS
#4_Snowx_Posted 10/22/2012 10:39:19 PM
Don't care.
It makes no sense outside of FFVII, but an analogous system would be fine, I guess.

Still, it's practically guaranteed to make the game too easy too early.
#5kupo1705Posted 10/22/2012 10:40:50 PM
Nah, it should be a new system every time.
Unless it's something like the crystarium, in which case I'll gladly take a previous system.
#6RomangeloPosted 10/22/2012 11:00:21 PM
It returned in Final Fantasy XIV
---
X > V > T > VI > XIII-2 > XII > TLR > XIII > X-2 > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
#7kupo1705Posted 10/22/2012 11:01:37 PM
Romangelo posted...
It returned in Final Fantasy XIV

It's completely different.
#8MagiusNecrosPosted 10/23/2012 3:24:48 AM
Materia was a poor attempt at using a ability system that was too tedious and took too long to master.
---
I GILGAMESH FAN KING WILL CONQUER THE VERSUS BOARD! HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Official GILGAMESH/BARBATOS/MAGNUS of every Gamefaqs Board
#9Elice_CarolPosted 10/23/2012 3:27:21 AM
No thank you, it expresses a lack of creativity on SE's part if it returned.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://pbskids.org/arthur/games/factsopinions/
#10TehAssasinPosted 10/23/2012 3:30:16 AM
Although not exactly similar, Path of Exile, an indie action RPG which is currently still in beta has an active skill system with huge resemblance to the materia system. It also features passive skill tree which reminds player of the sphere grid system from FFX.

Funny thing is, the game isn't your fantasy game with bright colours and sunshine, but featured darker graphic style and environment. Game plays like the Diablo games, but still has a way to go before its official release.