Should Materia return?

#21King_Shortt_IXPosted 10/23/2012 7:51:42 AM
Equipping the materia in VII it did lower and raise stats, granted most of the bonuses and penalties were negligable.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#22MalakTawusPosted 10/23/2012 7:52:31 AM
kupo1705 posted...
MalakTawus posted...
......also i don't understand why people say that "materia" should return only for FFVII.
Materia are basically nothing more than energy condensed in crystals, and energy condensed in crystals is NOT a theme present only in FFVII, but i'd say instead that is one of the most common concepts in FF saga in general.

Mako energy, something only present in FFVII.

Well ok, it's OBVIOUS that you have to adapt the concept for the next FF' specific story, but basically materia are nothing more than energy condensed into crystals and this concept can be used with no problems even in other games since it's something very typical for Final Fantasy.
Even "summons" can be called in differents ways depending on the game's background, but at the end of the day they are conceptually the exact same.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#23zodiac_swordPosted 10/23/2012 7:55:05 AM
King_Shortt_IX posted...
Equipping the materia in VII it did lower and raise stats, granted most of the bonuses and penalties were negligable.

It is a little unfortunate that the changes were not noticeable.
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#24RedSpade2712Posted 10/23/2012 8:17:51 AM
Well materia system from crisis core is good, at least i like to see the abilty to combine magic, even with different layout (not as materia)
---
If you don't want to forget, don't even remember
PSN Account: Aeria33, at your service !
#25Ultimate_FinalePosted 10/23/2012 10:29:14 AM
No, however I think that the Junction system should come back.

*No sarcasm*
---
Now Playing: Triple Triad Advance (Online) - Currently FAQing: Nothing
http://www.ttadvance.ca/
#26DilsDileva(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2012 10:34:54 AM
Ultimate_Finale posted...
No, however I think that the Junction system should come back.

Hey, I liked it too. You just need to be able to use magic in battle without decreasing your stats.
---
H/W, S/F
#27Rose_MagePosted 10/23/2012 10:35:40 AM
No.

Never.

Cloud can return in Soul Calibur with his Buster Sword and materias though.
---
Ranks ~ Team Rocket Executive, Sol Enchantress
http://fav.me/d5g7w6l