Hey guyz remember the time everyone thought...

#11_Snowx_Posted 10/23/2012 12:12:31 AM
The truly annoying part is when people say that Lightning is being shoved down our throats even though her total screentime is only a fraction of Cloud and Sephiroth's and all her appearances are always plot-significant, but gratuitous shoehorning of said characters in a game where they have no place is perfectly fine and even encouraged.

For those who were actually hoping that characters like Cloud and Sephiroth were going to make an appearance in the Coliseum:
what if in the event of a FFVII remaster they add FFXIII characters bonus fights in it? Would you like it or would you think that as a shameless attempt to further shove FFXIII down our throats?

Depending on the answer, you're either an innocent fan who just likes crossovers or a shameless fanboy/hater with double standards.

I personally don't like the idea of major FF characters shoehorned in other FF worlds, though I'm fine with established recurring characters like summons and Gilgamesh.
#12roxas9001Posted 10/23/2012 12:14:45 AM
madapocket posted...
roxas9001 posted...
madapocket posted...
That wasn't very long ago. Remember when we thought we would get more playable characters? Or when we were promised several guest characters in XIII-2?

Good, good times. Then they ruined it.

I don't recall the promised part.

I do. They stated we'd get several guests that would aid Dumb and Dumber.

Link me an article.
---
Not changing this until DmCrap flops.
I hate the FF fandumb.
#13TorgoForeverPosted 10/23/2012 12:39:32 AM
_Snowx_ posted...
The truly annoying part is when people say that Lightning is being shoved down our throats even though her total screentime is only a fraction of Cloud and Sephiroth's and all her appearances are always plot-significant, but gratuitous shoehorning of said characters in a game where they have no place is perfectly fine and even encouraged.

For those who were actually hoping that characters like Cloud and Sephiroth were going to make an appearance in the Coliseum:
what if in the event of a FFVII remaster they add FFXIII characters bonus fights in it? Would you like it or would you think that as a shameless attempt to further shove FFXIII down our throats?

Depending on the answer, you're either an innocent fan who just likes crossovers or a shameless fanboy/hater with double standards.

I personally don't like the idea of major FF characters shoehorned in other FF worlds, though I'm fine with established recurring characters like summons and Gilgamesh.

It's not the screentime so much as it is that presentation. You'd have to be pretty desensitized to not see something off with self-declaring your own character a national symbol.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nintendsonydo?feature=mhee
oFFiciAL ToRgO and tOMmy wiSEaU oF tHE qUIttinG REturneRS
#14Elice_CarolPosted 10/23/2012 4:18:41 AM
That wasn't stated until the LR presentation, though. In XIII-2, the most you can blame Lightning for was her 180 in personality. Even then, it's justified as a result of......gosh, I can't remember. I know mahroflcopter understood why she became so depressed.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://pbskids.org/arthur/games/factsopinions/
#15jfielding95Posted 10/23/2012 4:21:50 AM
Remember when everyone kept swearing blind that SE stated that the ending would be in DLC?

.....well not everyone obviously, but a lot of people.
#16King_Shortt_IXPosted 10/23/2012 6:58:13 AM
Remember when FF used to mean quality games? Well neither do I.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#17Destroyer_Mage(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2012 7:04:05 AM
_Snowx_ posted...

There's so much truth to your argument my mind is completely blown.Though I wouldn't have mind having a Coliseum with FF Crossover battles.Perhaps like a "Dissidia Tower" lol.It would really be cool to waste time battling Cloud+Squal and avoiding the cheesy story :p
---
http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/681990-lightning-returns-
final-fantasy-xiii/64294428
#18VekkererPosted 10/23/2012 7:28:27 AM
I can't remember any lies from before release. But to be fair, I never cared too much about pre-release statements or how they turned out.
I'm sure there'll be new lies for this game though.

Ftpkorn posted...
Remember when we were promised the assassination of all haters?

Wait nvm..just me.

Though it would be welcome :D

If "one of us" had written something like but about fanboys and apologists, "you guys" would've freaked out. >.>
Wishing for the death of a large group of people is only considered fun on certain dates, it seems.
---
"And you have proved to be
A real human being and a real hero..."
#19MagiusNecrosPosted 10/23/2012 7:30:17 AM
Destroyer_Mage posted...
The XIII-2 colliseum was going to have boss battles of famous FF characters like Sephiroth,Cloud and Auron.Good times,good times :p

That's what happens when you drink a can of dumbass.

So meh.
---
I GILGAMESH FAN KING WILL CONQUER THE VERSUS BOARD! HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Official GILGAMESH/BARBATOS/MAGNUS of every Gamefaqs Board
#20Rose_MagePosted 10/23/2012 10:47:55 AM
I laughed.
---
Ranks ~ Team Rocket Executive, Sol Enchantress
http://fav.me/d5g7w6l