POLL: THE Best Music

#41theofficefan99Posted 11/24/2012 9:35:50 AM
Reginleif20 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
I went with X, but VIII, XIII, VII, VI, etc. etc. are all honorable mentions.

I love FFIX too but I don't think the soundtrack is that great aside from the tracks during the CGI cutscenes and a few other tracks here and there.

Putting XIII in the same level as those FFs, not something you usually see

XIII has some weak tracks, but I loved a lot of them. Defiers of Fate, Ragnarok, Lake Bresha, Saber's Edge, Escape, Crash Landing, Forever Fugitives, To Hunt l'Cie, Nautilus, Feast of Betrayal, Lightning's Theme, Fang's Theme, Fighting Fate (both versions), March of the Dreadnoughts, Blinded By Light, Start Your Engines, Eden Under Siege, Born Anew, Fabula Nova Crystallis, Nascent Requiem, Determination, and a few others that I'm forgetting.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#42AntonSaidWhatPosted 11/24/2012 3:35:56 PM
IX, VIII and X
#43ExtremeLightPosted 11/24/2012 5:27:25 PM
FFX series
Otherworld
1000 words
Real Emotion
Road to Zanarkand
Hymn of the Faith
both main menu music and the battle theme for the first game.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, BO2 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. 2013. Lightning Return will be super awesome.
#44Reginleif20(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 9:20:53 PM
ValcristPL posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
I went with X, but VIII, XIII, VII, VI, etc. etc. are all honorable mentions.

I love FFIX too but I don't think the soundtrack is that great aside from the tracks during the CGI cutscenes and a few other tracks here and there.

Your obsession with CGI is creepy.

It's overrated
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#45HRskskyPosted 11/28/2012 10:29:02 PM
XIII.

Hamauzu is my all time favorite. He defies regular chord progressions and goes beyond what normally "sounds pleasant" to the ear. Could say that Hamauzu deviates more away from "popular chords" than Nobuo. It blends the best with the environment and it is soothing whereas Nobuo is more bold and "emotional" (though those are just pop chords). Don't despise the xiii ost even if it might be a bad game to you. Try listening to Sigma Harmonics or others of hamauzu's work with similar style. He is really great if you get the catch.

Each to their own but i think hamauzu is a lot more skilled and creative. His string pieces are especially beast. =]
---
Want to localize Type-0 and see FF Versus? http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/project-crystallis.html
-Official SANDVICH monster of GameFaqs
#46xXBarbelithXxPosted 11/28/2012 11:24:42 PM
Tiael posted...
XI

This
---
"This is the work of Dalang. His skill makes us believe that we see a war between two great armies, but there is no war. There is only the Dalang."
#47Reginleif20(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 2:30:25 PM
HRsksky posted...
XIII.

Hamauzu is my all time favorite. He defies regular chord progressions and goes beyond what normally "sounds pleasant" to the ear. Could say that Hamauzu deviates more away from "popular chords" than Nobuo. It blends the best with the environment and it is soothing whereas Nobuo is more bold and "emotional" (though those are just pop chords). Don't despise the xiii ost even if it might be a bad game to you. Try listening to Sigma Harmonics or others of hamauzu's work with similar style. He is really great if you get the catch.

Each to their own but i think hamauzu is a lot more skilled and creative. His string pieces are especially beast. =]

Hmm, an interesting way to look at XIII's music
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#48TiaelPosted 11/30/2012 2:38:13 PM
HRsksky posted...
XIII.

I love Hamauzu's work on XIII, XIII-2, FFX, Sigma Harmonics, SaGa Frontier 2 and am looking forward to his work on LR.

Not necessarily my all time favorite, but I really don't get the hate for the XIII OST.
---
Ni no Kuni - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUPIPBDA-I
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#49CranberryTacoPosted 11/30/2012 2:42:44 PM
Oi!! All FF games had great music. Nobuo Uematsu gave me inspiration in many productions i have released. Masashi Hamauzu (composer of FFXIII) was also splendid!

Squaresoft(Enix) always had great music supervisors.
---
Slick Musician / DJ / FF Versus Munchkin Making moves yeah on the dancefloor, got to groove on, baby yeah real hardcore
#50Reginleif20(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 8:53:33 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]