Remember when XIII fanboys were bashing Versus for being a KH button masher...

#21DragoonGriffithPosted 11/4/2012 6:24:37 AM
No one takes Romangelo seriously.
#22kanartPosted 11/4/2012 6:25:11 AM
Romangelo posted...
KH, Versus, Type-0 = button mashers

LRXIII = better than DMC and Bayonetta

seriously I think they want to make LRFFXIII similar to Dark Souls, Demon's Souls and Dragon0s Dogma.
#23DragoonGriffithPosted 11/4/2012 6:26:33 AM
I'd love that too, but I'm not sure if SE is able to produce something similar to such a awesome game like Dark Souls.
#24kupo1705Posted 11/4/2012 6:27:17 AM
kanart posted...
Romangelo posted...

seriously I think they want to make LRFFXIII similar to Dark Souls, Demon's Souls and Dragon0s Dogma.

That wouldn't work considering those are fairly slow-paced games.
#25Haku_Men_Posted 11/4/2012 6:34:34 AM
j-fielding95 posted...
What fans did you encounter? It baffles me how someone can love a game that hasn't even been released yet.

Well they like the concepts behind it and are not opposed to having a combat system akin to KH, even if the game isn't out yet. It shouldn't boggle your too much.

kanart posted...
Romangelo posted...

seriously I think they want to make LRFFXIII similar to Dark Souls, Demon's Souls and Dragon's Dogma.

I really, really, really, really hope they don't do this. The last thing FF games need now is to be so utterly frustrating in gameplay that the players want to toss their controllers at the screen.
---
When all else fails; hit them with the force of an 18-wheeler.
#26kupo1705Posted 11/4/2012 6:36:01 AM
Haku_Men_ posted...
I really, really, really, really hope they don't do this. The last thing FF games need now is to be so utterly frustrating in gameplay that the players want to toss their controllers at the screen.

Did the Gargoyles get you?
#27DragoonGriffithPosted 11/4/2012 6:36:31 AM
You forgot to mention the part where it's only frustrating if you suck at the game.
#28Tobi011Posted 11/4/2012 6:37:41 AM
Isn't Final Fantasy already a button masher?
#29Crimson681Posted 11/4/2012 6:37:52 AM
FF XIII wasn't a button masher, it was auto-pilot, you just steered it toward a direction with paradigm shift.

FF 1 through 10 = button masher. QQ were tired of button mashers!!!

FF XII comes. Square Enix: Ok we heard your pleas and no more button mashing so we introduce Auto pilot AI control! Fanboys: Yay!!!

FF XIII comes: Square Enix: Ok so everyone being able to do everything is sorta lame, and we got a new auto pilot system, and a new gimmick called Paradigm Shift!!! Fanboys; Yay!!!

Can people make up wtf it is they actually want? Auto-pilot or a button masher? These days in RPGs you are going to get one or the other.
#30j-fielding95Posted 11/4/2012 6:41:26 AM
Crimson681 posted...
FF XIII wasn't a button masher, it was auto-pilot, you just steered it toward a direction with paradigm shift.

FF 1 through 10 = button masher. QQ were tired of button mashers!!!

FF XII comes. Square Enix: Ok we heard your pleas and no more button mashing so we introduce Auto pilot AI control! Fanboys: Yay!!!

FF XIII comes: Square Enix: Ok so everyone being able to do everything is sorta lame, and we got a new auto pilot system, and a new gimmick called Paradigm Shift!!! Fanboys; Yay!!!

Can people make up wtf it is they actually want? Auto-pilot or a button masher? These days in RPGs you are going to get one or the other.

I don't know which part to correct first.