Remember when XIII fanboys were bashing Versus for being a KH button masher...

#31DragoonGriffithPosted 11/4/2012 6:44:30 AM(edited)
j-fielding95 posted...

I don't know which part to correct first.

Well, the part about only having to steer it towards the direction of the paradigm you need at the given moment, is sorta correct.
#32Haku_Men_Posted 11/4/2012 6:45:48 AM
DragoonGriffith posted...
You forgot to mention the part where it's only frustrating if you suck at the game.

Har har, because all the players that admit that it is a frustrating game for newcomers must suck at it, right? Even the ones that actually enjoy the game. Thank God I got Demons's Souls for free, because after 40 hours of playing and no clear goal in sight I tossed the thing into the garbage...where it belongs.

kupo1705 posted...
Haku_Men_ posted...
I really, really, really, really hope they don't do this. The last thing FF games need now is to be so utterly frustrating in gameplay that the players want to toss their controllers at the screen.

Did the Gargoyles get you?

No, but the sheer utter hatred for anything resembling a story and incentive to continue playing it did.
---
When all else fails; hit them with the force of an 18-wheeler.
#33j-fielding95Posted 11/4/2012 6:47:51 AM
That was pretty dumb throwing it in the garbage, you could've traded it in towards another game.
#34kupo1705Posted 11/4/2012 6:48:18 AM
Haku_Men_ posted...
No, but the sheer utter hatred for anything resembling a story and incentive to continue playing it did.

Oh great, more people who think it doesn't have a story.
#35FireMage7777Posted 11/4/2012 6:49:06 AM
j-fielding95 posted...
That was pretty dumb throwing it in the garbage, you could've traded it in towards another game.

...did something happen to your account?
---
Megaman 2 Turret boss...easiest boss ever
#36j-fielding95Posted 11/4/2012 6:49:46 AM
FireMage7777 posted...
j-fielding95 posted...

...did something happen to your account?

No. My account is just fine, I'm using it now.
#37Haku_Men_Posted 11/4/2012 6:52:14 AM
j-fielding95 posted...

When the trade-in value is a mere $3.00, trading it away seems utterly stupid. So I did something that at least amused me.

kupo1705 posted...
Haku_Men_ posted...

Oh great, more people who think it doesn't have a story.

Oh joy, more people that defend a story that isn't really there.
---
When all else fails; hit them with the force of an 18-wheeler.
#38j-fielding95Posted 11/4/2012 6:53:54 AM
Doesn't seem stupid to me, saving money on my next game I was going to purchase.
#39kupo1705Posted 11/4/2012 6:54:06 AM
Haku_Men_ posted...
Oh joy, more people that defend a story that isn't really there.

It doesn't have a story because it isn't handed to you on a silver platter?
#40Reginleif20Posted 11/4/2012 6:54:46 AM
Hitzkolpf posted...
So what are their feelings on Lightning Returns mimicking Versus?

The irony.

Pretty meh on that topic. Most people's feeling are, "Another XIII game?"
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it