Do you guys think that Serah will come back for real?

#21TheGreatPotatoPosted 11/9/2012 10:09:18 PM
ayaloren posted...
An NPC in Yaschas Massif makes me want to say no. He makes it pretty damn obvious that the dead do not want to be brought back, and that the ones alive should honor them by continuing to live and "make them proud".

On the other hand, it feels like they'll bring her back so that both Lightning and Snow can get their happy ending. Like they can't learn to live on without her physically being there.

It's complete bs, and I really don't want her back.
I'm on a 50/50 right now.

50/50?
---
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
Mada status: arguing with a fat moogle.
#22theofficefan99Posted 11/9/2012 10:29:42 PM
Unfortunately, yes. The writers at Square Enix don't care about actually writing quality stories.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#23chaosflame108Posted 11/9/2012 10:40:04 PM
Hmm.......lets see.

1. Kitase confirmed in an interview that the game would have an happy ending.

2. When asked about Serah's current circumstances, Toriyama said "lets just say she's on a journey to save everyone."

So umm..........yeah, its pretty assured that she is returning.
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!
#24HitzkolpfPosted 11/10/2012 12:29:09 AM
Bl1xvan posted...
... it looks like Square's trying to avoid the whole deus ex machina routine.

You're joking right?

Lightning Returns is shaping up to be a deus ex machina suspended in time from the start of the game, till the end with Lightning serving as a goddess that comes to save everyone.
#25TheGreatPotatoPosted 11/10/2012 12:46:52 AM
Hitzkolpf posted...
Bl1xvan posted...
... it looks like Square's trying to avoid the whole deus ex machina routine.

You're joking right?

Lightning Returns is shaping up to be a deus ex machina suspended in time from the start of the game, till the end with Lightning serving as a goddess that comes to save everyone.

^Has no idea what deus ex machina is.
---
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
Mada status: arguing with a fat moogle.
#26ayalorenPosted 11/10/2012 1:40:30 AM
TheGreatPotato posted...
ayaloren posted...
An NPC in Yaschas Massif makes me want to say no. He makes it pretty damn obvious that the dead do not want to be brought back, and that the ones alive should honor them by continuing to live and "make them proud".

On the other hand, it feels like they'll bring her back so that both Lightning and Snow can get their happy ending. Like they can't learn to live on without her physically being there.

50/50?

Either she will or she won't.
---
I'm only as good as you allow me to be.
#27ayalorenPosted 11/10/2012 1:41:08 AM
mahroflcopter posted...
ayaloren posted...

Grumpy, much?

No. Tired.
---
I'm only as good as you allow me to be.
#28zombie_basher13Posted 11/10/2012 1:42:33 AM
mahroflcopter posted...
They'll bring her back... during the last 2 minutes of the game like XIII. They said Lightning gets a happy ending, and Serah being alive depends on that. But she won't come back any sooner than the very end. They can't resist adding in two trillion tons of melodrama and angst.

LOL so it's like FF XIII all over again!

Damn, Lightning has to keep letting go and gettin back her sister, that must be frustrating.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#29RomangeloPosted 11/10/2012 2:13:19 AM
100%
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > X-2 > XIII > TLR > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
#30madapocketPosted 11/10/2012 2:17:18 AM
She most certainly will. Not sure if it's a good thing or not, but Toriyama is too damn obsessed with her and Lightning so Serah-chan staying dead wouldn't be a good thing.