Do you guys think that Serah will come back for real?

#61FtpkornPosted 11/10/2012 6:47:02 AM
Bl1xvan posted...
Ftpkorn posted...

He's always been a lost cause.

That I disagree with. I was pretty fond of his performance in the first game, with the exception of 2 or 3 scenes.

Problem was, it was ALL a performance to satisfy his own lust to look good and become a 'hero'.

Whereas Noel and Hope just genuinly care enough to think something through before rushing off to do it(they grew up).

So even though they couldn't save anyone they've become true hero's by trying with a mind of reason rather then arrogance.

Now i'm not saying snow doesn't care, i'm just saying he cares more about appearances.
---
Lightning Farron Warrior Goddess' true #1 Fan
HAHAHAHAHA KNEEL DOWN BEFORE ME!!!
#62linkblade91Posted 11/10/2012 6:51:49 AM
While it has already been spoiled for me, I just wanted to come in and say that your headline can be easily interpreted in the correct, spoiler-manner.

As for what you're asking, Serah'll most likely come back, and like others I think that's a stupid idea.
#63zodiac_swordPosted 11/10/2012 6:56:01 AM
people are usually okay w/ an antagonist coming back, but not a protagonist.
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#64HitzkolpfPosted 11/10/2012 7:02:36 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#65Bl1xvan(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 7:03:42 AM
Ftpkorn posted...

Now i'm not saying snow doesn't care, i'm just saying he cares more about appearances.

I believe that the problem is he's much too impulsive, not that he only cares about appearances.

In the first game he helped Serah, who was a Lcie, public enemy number one, even though, obviously, anyone seen aiding a Lcie would be pegged as an accomplice or a Lcie themselves. Just about everyone in the world would hate this man to death, for trying to help this girl escape.

The same goes for the scene in Palumpolum where he threatened everyone in town to get them to disperse and not be in the line of fire if the Sanctum catches up to him and Hope.

I understand why you think he only cares about appearances (especially after that race scene) but from what I can tell, he'd just as readily throw his reputation as a hero down the toilet if it meant getting someone out of trouble.
---
"In the hands of someone who's good enough at thinking outside of the box, ANYTHING can be used as a weapon."
#66zodiac_swordPosted 11/10/2012 7:08:16 AM
Hitzkolpf posted...
No, people are usually not okay with mentally handicapped protagonists coming back from the dead.

My statement was correct. I always hear the "It'll ruin his or her death" when ever a protagonist might return but never for an antagonist.
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#67MalakTawusPosted 11/10/2012 7:10:03 AM
Imo if Lightning manages to bring her back to life, it will happen at the very end of the game......but tbh i'm not so sure it will happen at all 'cause one of the themes for this game could be Lightning finding the strenght to "move on" on her sister's death.

............but considering that it seems Light will have an happy ending, i'd say there is a good chance that she'll be able to save Serah somehow.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#68TheGreatPotatoPosted 11/10/2012 7:17:14 AM
Hitzkolpf posted...
zodiac_sword posted...
people are usually okay w/ an antagonist coming back, but not a protagonist.

No, people are usually not okay with mentally handicapped protagonists coming back from the dead.

The most pathetic post I have seen in a long time. You have some serious unresolved issues.
---
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
Mada status: arguing with a fat moogle.
#69Capitan_KidPosted 11/10/2012 7:17:42 AM
Serah's death was ruined the moment we found out that Caius was still alive and his plan had worked. Bringing her back when her death was in vain is ok to me
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#70FtpkornPosted 11/10/2012 8:39:09 AM
Bl1xvan posted...
Ftpkorn posted...

I believe that the problem is he's much too impulsive, not that he only cares about appearances.

In the first game he helped Serah, who was a Lcie, public enemy number one, even though, obviously, anyone seen aiding a Lcie would be pegged as an accomplice or a Lcie themselves. Just about everyone in the world would hate this man to death, for trying to help this girl escape.

The same goes for the scene in Palumpolum where he threatened everyone in town to get them to disperse and not be in the line of fire if the Sanctum catches up to him and Hope.

I understand why you think he only cares about appearances (especially after that race scene) but from what I can tell, he'd just as readily throw his reputation as a hero down the toilet if it meant getting someone out of trouble.

I guess we both agree on what he's like then. It just comes down to liking it or not. Personally i don't.

Noel does a much better job of being 'hero' in that he doesn't take life for granted and that no one deserves to die even his enemies. He doesn't care if it means the bad comes with the good aslong as everyone is there. He experienced true loss and it makes it more believeable to me that he would try to protect everyone rather than Snow. Snow would throw his life away far too easily to be believeable.
---
Lightning Farron Warrior Goddess' true #1 Fan
HAHAHAHAHA KNEEL DOWN BEFORE ME!!!