LEAKED: Aili Hillis as Lightning, and Lightning's fate in LR - ULTRA LR SPOILERS

#41VekkererPosted 11/11/2012 4:47:51 AM
This sounds like an argument that doesn't really need to happen, even on this board.
---
"And you have proved to be
A real human being and a real hero..."
#42madapocketPosted 11/11/2012 4:49:01 AM
mahroflcopter posted...
The most you can claim is that Toriyama will pull a "death = happiness" stick on us. Beyond that, you have nothing.

Then her VA just pulled off a major ****ing spoiler on us!
#43mahroflcopterPosted 11/11/2012 4:53:00 AM
Hitzkolpf posted...
mahroflcopter posted...
Hitzkolpf posted...
mahroflcopter posted...
"Swan song is a metaphorical phrase for a final gesture, effort, or performance given just before death or retirement."

"By extension, "swan song" has become an idiom referring to a final theatrical or dramatic appearance, or any final work or accomplishment. It generally carries the connotation that the performer is aware that this is the last performance of his or her lifetime, and is expending everything in one magnificent final effort."

Toriyama: "This will be the last game to portray Lightning..."

Kitase: "This will be the last game in the Lightning Saga..."

Ali Hillis: "This is her Swan Song..."

Stay classy, gamefaqs... who am I kidding?

It's cute when fanboys try hard.

It's cute when "haters" make assumptions based on their own fantasies.

Swan Song has two connotations: One being related to death and one being related to a last performance.

Toriyama: "Lightning will have a happy ending..."

The most you can say is that Toriyama will pull a "death = happiness" stick on us. Beyond that, you have nothing.

Nope. I have Ali Hillis' tweet, which not only sounds sombre, but spells foreshadowing.

You have make belief lines by Toriyama and Kitase in your head. Beyond your weirdly stunted imagination, you have nothing.

I guess you missed all the interviews done thus far as well as the 25th FF anniversary presentation... because that's where those quotes were from.

Okay, going off the assumption that you can guess Ali's tone based off of two short sentences... listen to an interview with her. She adores playing Lightning. Of course she would be sad at the thought of never playing Lightning again (in the "she's not dead but her story is finished" sense).
---
"Mahroflcopter... mahroflcopter... mahroflcopter goes squa squa squa!"
Now currenly searching for rofl to fuel mah copter.
#44mahroflcopterPosted 11/11/2012 4:56:16 AM
madapocket posted...
mahroflcopter posted...
The most you can claim is that Toriyama will pull a "death = happiness" stick on us. Beyond that, you have nothing.

Then her VA just pulled off a major ****ing spoiler on us!

Notice how I said he can claim that. Just because someone claims something to be true doesn't make it so.
---
#45Hitzkolpf(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 4:56:22 AM
mahroflcopter posted...
Hitzkolpf posted...
mahroflcopter posted...
Hitzkolpf posted...
mahroflcopter posted...
"Swan song is a metaphorical phrase for a final gesture, effort, or performance given just before death or retirement."

"By extension, "swan song" has become an idiom referring to a final theatrical or dramatic appearance, or any final work or accomplishment. It generally carries the connotation that the performer is aware that this is the last performance of his or her lifetime, and is expending everything in one magnificent final effort."

It's cute when fanboys try hard.

It's cute when "haters" make assumptions based on their own fantasies.

Swan Song has two connotations: One being related to death and one being related to a last performance.

Toriyama: "Lightning will have a happy ending..."

The most you can say is that Toriyama will pull a "death = happiness" stick on us. Beyond that, you have nothing.

Nope. I have Ali Hillis' tweet, which not only sounds sombre, but spells foreshadowing.

You have make belief lines by Toriyama and Kitase in your head. Beyond your weirdly stunted imagination, you have nothing.

I guess you missed all the interviews done thus far as well as the 25th FF anniversary presentation... because that's where those quotes were from.

Okay, going off the assumption that you can guess Ali's tone based off of two short sentences... listen to an interview with her. She adores playing Lightning. Of course she would be sad at the thought of never playing Lightning again (in the "she's not dead but her story is finished" sense).

She's going to die. Get over it. Move the **** on.

Not my fault you chose to peek into this topic and proceed to get butthurt at the fact that Lightning is going to die.
#46mahroflcopterPosted 11/11/2012 5:03:26 AM
Hitzkolpf posted...

She's going to die. Get over it. Move the **** on.

Not my fault you chose to peek into this topic and proceed to get butthurt at the fact that Lightning is going to die.

No, the fact of the matter is you want her to die, so anything giving the slightest hint that she will die will be taken as fact by you... even if it is from a less than 20 word deleted tweet that could mean two very different things.

But hey, why not? People also screamed "NOEL IS GONNA DIE BASED OFF OF A TRAILER! IT IS FACT! SCREW YOU TORIYAMA!!!!!!!!", so why not start the same crap now rather than learning from the mistake of assuming and actually waiting for the game to come out.
---
#47Dragoon of InfinityPosted 11/11/2012 5:09:51 AM
This whole thread is reaching.

And, no, I don't particularly care for Lightning, nor do I want her to live. Still reaching.
---
Praise the sun!
#48King_Shortt_IXPosted 11/11/2012 5:29:23 AM
We can only hope Light finds happiness through death.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#49IceRunePosted 11/11/2012 6:11:24 AM
King_Shortt_IX posted...
We can only hope Light finds happiness through death.

Lightning: "I'm dead lol"
#50Prishe_Posted 11/11/2012 7:13:29 AM
mahroflcopter posted...

Please. The masses here obviously have English as their second language. No need to waste time explaining things to them. Just watch them and giggle.