Visual Works in Lightning Returns (NEW XIV 2.0 CG!)

#471DragoonGriffithPosted 11/13/2012 4:49:46 PM
I'll just say this: For anyone having doubts on FFXIII's overall story (for that matter, even the cast) just replay the game and give it a fair chance.

I liked it much better, though I'm aware there are those who liked it from the beginning.

Good thing Val or kupo aren't awake, so that they don't kill me for actually praising FFXIII with their weebz words.
I feel like saying anything positive about XIII brings a bandwagon of hate with it. *sigh*

And again, I'm looking forward to a Lightning only game, because there's a fair chance if them fleshing her out finally the way I always felt she should've been.

Shion from Xenosaga also took 3 games to be less of a jerk by the end, and for the audience to get to know her better. It all depends on whether a trilogy was planed from the start.
---
Shin Megami Tensei, II, if..., III: Nocturne, Strange Journey.
Playing mainline SMT in order.
#472ClausudoPosted 11/13/2012 4:51:41 PM
DragoonGriffith posted...
I'll just say this: For anyone having doubts on FFXIII's overall story (for that matter, even the cast) just replay the game and give it a fair chance.

I liked it much better, though I'm aware there are those who liked it from the beginning.

Good thing Val or kupo aren't awake, so that they don't kill me for actually praising FFXIII with their weebz words.
I feel like saying anything positive about XIII brings a bandwagon of hate with it. *sigh*

And again, I'm looking forward to a Lightning only game, because there's a fair chance if them fleshing her out finally the way I always felt she should've been.

Shion from Xenosaga also took 3 games to be less of a jerk by the end, and for the audience to get to know her better. It all depends on whether a trilogy was planed from the start.

Val can't do anything because he's warned for censored words. I think.
---
I will be FFXIV player very soon! Let us shall make good memories!!! :]
#473Lebreau_Posted 11/13/2012 4:52:03 PM
^ In their place, you weebz.

Pstt, jk. I'm really on your side.
---
The Official Sexy Lebreau. Kneel Before My Smexiness :3
#474DragoonGriffithPosted 11/13/2012 4:52:13 PM
TheGreatPotato posted...
Vesperia was pretty good, for a beta test.

What is this willpower argument? Willpower is a Japanese battle deciding staple.

Believe me when I say this (I own the PS3 version too): There's no real difference in the overall storyline.

The only thing you're missing out on are new Mystic Artes, 2 characters, and a buttload of new sidequests with cameo costumes from previous Tales games.
---
#475ClausudoPosted 11/13/2012 4:53:29 PM
TheGreatPotato posted...

What is this willpower argument? Willpower is a Japanese battle deciding staple.

Believe me when I say this (I own the PS3 version too): There's no real difference in the overall storyline.

The only thing you're missing out on are new Mystic Artes, 2 characters, and a buttload of new sidequests with cameo costumes from previous Tales games.

and extra overlimit.
---
I will be FFXIV player very soon! Let us shall make good memories!!! :]
#476DragoonGriffithPosted 11/13/2012 4:55:43 PM
Clausudo posted...

and extra overlimit.

Yes, which is primarly used for the awesome Dual-Mystic Arte between Yuri and Flynn.
Ok, missing out maybe a little... lol.
---
#477MagnaderAlphaPosted 11/13/2012 4:56:58 PM
I think that the fact Ultimania has to clarify the iffy parts of the game is a pretty apparent flaw within the game's storytelling. It might sound like an old timer but, before there datalogs or the NEED of Ultimanias to explain the "who, what, when and whys", the games in the series did a pretty damn well job in explaining everything IN game and to the point that there was no confusion. I don't understand why that style of storytelling shouldn't remain, it worked. If anything, Ultimania/datalogs should be "extra" information that isn't heavily needed to understand the world or characters, just icing on the cake, and if need be, pointless tidbits. Vital information regarding "who", "what", "when", "why" and "how" should ALWAYS be revealed within the game itself, and it should be clear enough so that EVERYBODY who plays the game can pick up on it. There's no excuse any other way.
#478TheGreatPotatoPosted 11/13/2012 5:02:27 PM
TheGreatPotato posted...

Lol...
---
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
Mada status: arguing with a fat moogle.
#479FireMage7777Posted 11/13/2012 6:04:29 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
roxas9001 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
*cough They changed their Focus cough*

B-but there's no foreshadowing :(

Explain to me how they changed their Focus? How is this possible?

Through their own will
---
The official Valbanisher
#480FireMage7777Posted 11/13/2012 6:06:19 PM
MagnaderAlpha posted...
I think that the fact Ultimania has to clarify the iffy parts of the game is a pretty apparent flaw within the game's storytelling. It might sound like an old timer but, before there datalogs or the NEED of Ultimanias to explain the "who, what, when and whys", the games in the series did a pretty damn well job in explaining everything IN game and to the point that there was no confusion. I don't understand why that style of storytelling shouldn't remain, it worked. If anything, Ultimania/datalogs should be "extra" information that isn't heavily needed to understand the world or characters, just icing on the cake, and if need be, pointless tidbits. Vital information regarding "who", "what", "when", "why" and "how" should ALWAYS be revealed within the game itself, and it should be clear enough so that EVERYBODY who plays the game can pick up on it. There's no excuse any other way.

Wrong, FF has been doing things like this since FFII
---
The official Valbanisher