Visual Works in Lightning Returns (NEW XIV 2.0 CG!)

#71theofficefan99Posted 11/11/2012 8:45:10 AM
Oh, and actually answering your question, TC, I think the game will have an opening CGI cutscene, and then once the 13 days are up, the game will have at least a few CGI cutscenes for the last few hours. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it's just an opening and ending.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#72MagnaderAlphaPosted 11/11/2012 1:48:41 PM
See, it's CGI movies like this that make me want a new offline, single-player FF game that takes place in similar setting. Those MAGITEK ARMORS!!! Amano's original art design made into perfect CG!!!

I'd love FFXV to be set in a similar world(more medieval, lots of cool nods to classic FF staples, crystal towers, classic job classes, yadda yadda...). Hell, I'm I the only one alone on this, but shouldn't this game(FFXIV), the second MMORPG venture, have be set in a sci-fi universe? To me, it would've only made sense that the initial venture(FFXI) was a medieval FF world, then if they were to do a second venture, it should've been something diffferent(a sci-fi FF world). Imagine a FF MMORPG set in a world like FFVII or FFVIII, hell, even a world like FFXIII? THAT would look cool. Turn the table a bit, flip it around. Make a new mainline FF game(offline, single player) set in a more medieval world and make the MMORPG a sci-fi epic!
#73MagnaderAlphaPosted 11/11/2012 1:53:04 PM
ValcristPL posted...
kupo1705 posted...
MMOs are inherently bad.
They cannot do what SP games can.

I hate games where I have to cooperate with others to achieve anything.
If I wanted to cooperate with others, I'd play sports or go to work. I'm actually not joking, those are far more better means of cooperation that offer WAY more better incentive than any video game could offer. I mean, virtual cooperation doesn't quite match physical cooperation. Of course, for me, when I play games, I want to do it alone. It's "ME" time. I don't want to be waiting on someone halfway across the country to go on a quest. If I want to do it, I want to do it on my own pace, badda bing, badda boom, I'm there, no baggage!
#74JackstinPosted 11/11/2012 1:58:27 PM
MagnaderAlpha posted...
ValcristPL posted...
kupo1705 posted...
MMOs are inherently bad.
They cannot do what SP games can.

I hate games where I have to cooperate with others to achieve anything.
If I wanted to cooperate with others, I'd play sports or go to work. I'm actually not joking, those are far more better means of cooperation that offer WAY more better incentive than any video game could offer. I mean, virtual cooperation doesn't quite match physical cooperation. Of course, for me, when I play games, I want to do it alone. It's "ME" time. I don't want to be waiting on someone halfway across the country to go on a quest. If I want to do it, I want to do it on my own pace, badda bing, badda boom, I'm there, no baggage!

Having played a LOT of FF11, and yet being someone like you who wants to play games solo I can safely say you would have actually liked FF11, although probably only if you'd started in the last few years.

FF11 was great because you could solo the story, but there was a constant in game chat room where you could talk, get advice etc. There's also tons of sidequests which are usually fun to do in groups, but even if not then again its fun to chat about them in LS chat.

I don't tend to like group content, but there's some stuff I enjoy, easy to get into stuff where you're not waiting.

Honestly, as a solo-FF player myself, I think a lot of people would be surprised at what MMOs offer.
---
Kiss the Evil Dragon King
#75Valkyrie_SeraPosted 11/11/2012 2:07:30 PM
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/57667-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-IV-Q-A-Updates

Q3: Will my character's chest be bouncy?

A3: If you are an expert in this area, you will most likely understand, but they will... *boing boing *

Q23: In the 3rd player survey, there was a question about new races/clans, but when and what race will be implemented? Will there be Viera or beastmen/lizardmen?

A23: Viera are extremely popular amongst our players overseas, so we are lost in thought on this one. We havenít decided anything as of yet and are still looking into this. In the event that we do add them, it will be in the future in an expansion .

AAAAAHAHHHHHAHAAAAA SWWEEEETTTT!
---
Haters gotta hate! Whiners gotta whine! Crybaby gotta cry!
Trolls gotta troll!
#76VekkererPosted 11/11/2012 2:13:50 PM
kupo1705 posted...
ValcristPL posted...
@Kupo and Claus

Exactly why I don't like MMO games, aside from that one that shall not be named.

I bet it's Runescape.

Anything wrong with Runescape, punk?
---
"And you have proved to be
A real human being and a real hero..."
#77ValcristPLPosted 11/11/2012 2:14:24 PM
Vekkerer posted...
kupo1705 posted...
ValcristPL posted...
@Kupo and Claus

Exactly why I don't like MMO games, aside from that one that shall not be named.

I bet it's Runescape.

Yeah, I don't know what it is
---
I am relevant to FF boards and I have haters. It is now confirmed, I am a Final Fantasy character.
#78VekkererPosted 11/11/2012 2:18:59 PM
ValcristPL posted...
Vekkerer posted...
kupo1705 posted...
ValcristPL posted...
@Kupo and Claus

I bet it's Runescape.

Yeah, I don't know what it is

You've missed out on nothing particular. It's not good anymore.
Though I did sink a bunch of years into it. Mostly because, I dunno, connections I guess.
---
"And you have proved to be
A real human being and a real hero..."
#79Iampony1Posted 11/11/2012 2:35:45 PM
Still has a monthly fee?
---
Bring awareness to Type-0 and Vs 13
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-versus-xiii/63945817
#80Terra-BranfordPosted 11/11/2012 2:36:43 PM
Iampony1 posted...
Still has a monthly fee?

Yes, but is cheaper if you've played XIV for so many months.