Do you think Kingdom Hearts ruined Final Fantasy?

#51kupo1705Posted 11/18/2012 9:27:38 AM
BuddhHA0991 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
DragoonGriffith posted...
Kupo, I hope you're aware that SMT isn't only Persona 3 and 4.

Those are the only 2 games in the whole franchise with dating sim elements.

In Persona 2 you have to date enemies during the battle.

Still much better than what you have to do in Rance.

Why do you keep switching between accounts?
#52BuddhHA0991Posted 11/18/2012 9:28:25 AM
kupo1705 posted...

Why do you keep switching between accounts?

I just got here -.-
---
Vote for Pedro!
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8w02jm4iW1qk39rbo1_500.gif
#53theofficefan99Posted 11/18/2012 9:28:38 AM
TheOnlyEden posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

It is. There's a reason why every mainline title sells millions upon millions of copies. And pretty much every mainline Final Fantasy title is critically acclaimed, aside from XIV and partially XIII. To say that Final Fantasy isn't one of the, if not THE, most influential and popular JRPG franchises in the world is pure delusion.

You like to listen to your own voice, huh?

FF will never be nearly as good as SMT games.

In your opinion. But in reality, Final Fantasy is more popular, it is much more iconic, it is much more influential, and there are PLENTY of critically acclaimed games in the series.

There's also a reason as to why Final Fantasies VI, VII and X are frequently referred to as some of, if not THE, best games of all time, and we can also throw in Final Fantasy Tactics, which is also regarded as one of the best SRPG's of all time.

And IGN recently came up with a list and stated that FFVI is the best RPG of all time, showing that FF is still highly respected.

Not saying the SMT games aren't great. They are. But to say that they are more popular, more influential, more iconic, etc. etc. than FF is pure delusion. Saying SMT is better than FF is opinion, and not the majority opinion. Which is what I'm getting at.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#54DragoonGriffithPosted 11/18/2012 9:29:00 AM
kupo1705 posted...

Those are called demon negotiations, and you get to have them fight for you after that and fusion 2-3 demons with each other to get them be stronger.

All with great design, and most importantly are the main gameplay point of the games.

And for ****s sake, you like pokemon, which is basically a SMT rip-off with cute pokemon monsters.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBEvtA4Uuwk
So much nostalgia already...
#55BuddhHA0991Posted 11/18/2012 9:29:51 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
TheOnlyEden posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

It is. There's a reason why every mainline title sells millions upon millions of copies. And pretty much every mainline Final Fantasy title is critically acclaimed, aside from XIV and partially XIII. To say that Final Fantasy isn't one of the, if not THE, most influential and popular JRPG franchises in the world is pure delusion.

In your opinion. But in reality, Final Fantasy is more popular, it is much more iconic, it is much more influential, and there are PLENTY of critically acclaimed games in the series.

There's also a reason as to why Final Fantasies VI, VII and X are frequently referred to as some of, if not THE, best games of all time, and we can also throw in Final Fantasy Tactics, which is also regarded as one of the best SRPG's of all time.

And IGN recently came up with a list and stated that FFVI is the best RPG of all time, showing that FF is still highly respected.

Not saying the SMT games aren't great. They are. But to say that they are more popular, more influential, more iconic, etc. etc. than FF is pure delusion. Saying SMT is better than FF is opinion, and not the majority opinion. Which is what I'm getting at.

SMT is better than FF in every possible way.
---
Vote for Pedro!
#56Carbuncle009Posted 11/18/2012 9:30:38 AM
No.

Tetsuya never worked on other FF games after KH1, I think. Even if he did (FFv13), there's no real influence.

FF11 was a great MMO. I don't care what anyone says, Square made this game correctly. I want to know how they screwed up "That other MMO".

FF12 was okay, but it had the two most useless people in the series. Worse, they were MCs. In an hour, I could re-write the entire story for FF12 where Vaan and Penelo are swapped out for Reks and Larsa.

FF13 was okay, but it didn't feel like a FF game to me. It felt radically different, which was okay in some regards(environments), but horrible in others(linearity). It was okay, though. I liked it.
---
Can I put my Onix in your Cloyster? Yes: 3 No: 2 Maybe: 2
If all bronies are shipping freaks, then all KH fans are Yaoi Fans and all CoD fans are 12 year-olds.
#57theofficefan99Posted 11/18/2012 9:30:39 AM
BuddhHA0991 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
TheOnlyEden posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

SMT is better than FF in every possible way.

In your opinion. But your opinion is not the majority opinion, which is what I'm getting at.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#58BuddhHA0991Posted 11/18/2012 9:31:29 AM
theofficefan99 posted...

In your opinion. But your opinion is not the majority opinion, which is what I'm getting at.

My opinion is better than yours anyways. FF stopped being really good after X.
---
Vote for Pedro!
#59kupo1705Posted 11/18/2012 9:33:31 AM
DragoonGriffith posted...
kupo1705 posted...

Those are called demon negotiations, and you get to have them fight for you after that and fusion 2-3 demons with each other to get them be stronger.

All with great design, and most importantly are the main gameplay point of the games.

And for ****s sake, you like pokemon, which is basically a SMT rip-off with cute pokemon monsters.

You don't have to dance in negotiations.
#60theofficefan99Posted 11/18/2012 9:35:44 AM(edited)
Taken from Wikipedia:

"Overall, the Final Fantasy series has been critically acclaimed and commercially successful, though each installment has seen different levels of success. The series has seen a steady increase in total sales; it sold 45 million units worldwide by August 2003, 63 million by December 2005, and 85 million by July 2008.[146][147][148] In June 2011, Square Enix announced that the series had sold over 100 million units.[149] Its high sales numbers have ranked it as one of the best-selling video game franchises in the industry; in January 2007, the series was listed as number three, and later in July as number four.[38][150]
Several games within the series have become best-selling titles. At the end of 2007, the seventh, eighth, and ninth best-selling RPGs were Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, and Final Fantasy X respectively.[151] Final Fantasy VII has sold more than 9.5 million copies worldwide, earning it the position of the best-selling Final Fantasy title.[152] Within two days of Final Fantasy VIII's North American release on September 9, 1999, it became the top-selling video game in the United States, a position it held for more than three weeks.[153] Final Fantasy X sold over 1.4 million Japanese units in pre-orders alone, which set a record for the fastest-selling console RPG.[151][154] The MMORPG, Final Fantasy XI, reached over 200,000 active daily players in March 2006[155] and had reached over half a million subscribers by July 2007.[38] Final Fantasy XII sold more than 1.7 million copies in its first week in Japan.[156] By November 6, 2006—one week after its release—Final Fantasy XII had shipped approximately 1.5 million copies in North America.[157]"

"The series has received critical acclaim for the quality of its visuals and soundtracks.[38] It was awarded a star on the Walk of Game in 2006, making it the first franchise to win a star on the event (other winners were individual games, not franchises). WalkOfGame.com commented that the series has sought perfection as well as been a risk taker in innovation.[158] In a 2008 public poll held by The Game Group plc, Final Fantasy was voted the best game series, with five titles appearing in their "Greatest Games of All Time" list.[159] In 2006, GameFAQs held a contest for the best video game series ever, with Final Fantasy finishing as the runner-up to The Legend of Zelda.[160]
Many Final Fantasy games have been included in various lists of top games. Several games have been listed on multiple IGN "Top Games" lists.[161][162][163][164][165][166] Eleven games were listed on Famitsu's 2006 "Top 100 Favorite Games of All Time", four of which were in the top ten, with Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy VII coming first and second, respectively.[167] The series holds seven Guinness World Records in the Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition 2008, which include the "Most Games in an RPG Series" (13 main titles, seven enhanced titles, and 32 spin-off titles), the "Longest Development Period" (the production of Final Fantasy XII took five years), and the "Fastest-Selling Console RPG in a Single Day" (Final Fantasy X).[151][168] The 2009 edition listed two titles from the series among the top 50 consoles games: Final Fantasy XII at number 8 and Final Fantasy VII at number 20.[169]"

"Several individual Final Fantasy titles have garnered extra attention; some for their positive reception and others for their negative reception. Final Fantasy VII topped GamePro's "26 Best RPGs of All Time" list,[172] as well as GameFAQs "Best Game Ever" audience polls in 2004 and 2005."
---