Does Square Enix really have bad working conditions?

#1Iampony1Posted 11/18/2012 4:45:43 PM
Does anyone remember any similar articles of other companies like this ones?

http://kotaku.com/5961114/report-employees-vent-online-about-square-enix

http://kotaku.com/5778294/is-making-final-fantasy-a-nightmare
---
Bring awareness to Type-0 and Vs 13
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-versus-xiii/63945817
#2MagiusNecrosPosted 11/18/2012 4:48:41 PM
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500190

Every company does.
---
I GILGAMESH FAN KING WILL CONQUER THE VERSUS BOARD! HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Official GILGAMESH/BARBATOS/MAGNUS of every Gamefaqs Board
#3TheGreatPotatoPosted 11/19/2012 12:10:50 AM(edited)
Gaming companies all suck with their structure, etc. I think that SE has the highest average pay for Japanese gaming companies, though. Whether that means anything or not...
---
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
Mada status: arguing with a fat moogle.
#4wolf riderPosted 11/19/2012 1:13:27 AM
I have always wondered how Nomura, an art director, got to start directing games.
---
Capcom. Square-Enix. Bioware. Blizzard.
There was a time when these companies were spoken of with respect and admiration.
#5Doom_InfinitePosted 11/19/2012 12:13:44 PM
You shouldnít get your news from Kotaku...

Anyway as for gaming industry culture it used to be very different in the 80ís and 90ís, heavy workload but if you loved it you had a lot of freedom to express your creativity. Now itís a behemoth of a business and too much money is at stake, in general if you arenít high up in the chain youíre surely not going to have the impact youíd want to have.
---
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force
#6MagnaderAlphaPosted 11/19/2012 6:41:44 PM
Doom_Infinite posted...
You shouldnít get your news from Kotaku...

Anyway as for gaming industry culture it used to be very different in the 80ís and 90ís, heavy workload but if you loved it you had a lot of freedom to express your creativity. Now itís a behemoth of a business and too much money is at stake, in general if you arenít high up in the chain youíre surely not going to have the impact youíd want to have.

Even more reason that a video game revolution is necessary. When you get to the point where you take more steps back than forward in the name of so-called "progression", and you are more limited than you would've been years before, something's wrong. It's one of those situations where there SHOULD be wide-scale crash to point where these jokers(those stuck in the mindless cycle, nodding yes to this method of thinking and those who contribute to it, gamers included) have to pick themselves out of the rubble and reaccess the situation. Sometimes you need to destroy the old world standard to floodgates for a new world order. Send the empire falling down, blow by blow, knock the misguided powerful down a few pegs. Fell the monopolies and loosen their stranglehold on the industry.
#7TheGreatPotatoPosted 11/19/2012 6:46:20 PM
EA and Activision need to die.
---
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
Mada status: arguing with a fat moogle.
#8pnpdarrelPosted 11/19/2012 7:19:49 PM
...I don't really think a sane option includes making millions of people lose jobs so a "chance" at a renaissance of gaming can come. If we did have a major gaming crash, chances are it would never reach the standard so many have for it, and it would probably just disappear in a generation or two after. Plus, even less people would want to invest in it, so where are these "real" creators gonna get funding? Governments? Those few "hardcore" gamers that'll stick around?

P.S. yes, EA needs to take a hit, I just hope Activision can see the light one day.
---
Some people want the the best of the best. Me, I'll take everything that they don't.
#9MagnaderAlphaPosted 11/20/2012 2:20:40 PM
pnpdarrel posted...
...I don't really think a sane option includes making millions of people lose jobs so a "chance" at a renaissance of gaming can come. If we did have a major gaming crash, chances are it would never reach the standard so many have for it, and it would probably just disappear in a generation or two after. Plus, even less people would want to invest in it, so where are these "real" creators gonna get funding? Governments? Those few "hardcore" gamers that'll stick around?

P.S. yes, EA needs to take a hit, I just hope Activision can see the light one day.

Given the situation gaming is presenting, and how it's getting more expensive to make games, it's only going to be sometime until they hit the ceiling and it gets to the point that it's either TOO expensive to continue onward, or limiting everything considerably just to make the best looking game ever. Though, if they ever get to that point, expect game price to go up considerably, and it's just a matter of time until the people(gamers) say enough is enough, and stop playing games(boycott) which will hurt the mainstream industry. Maybe that's not counting social games or app games, which are easy to buy, cheap and such, which will probably become the new standard and the whole "Tower of Babel" way of thinking will collapse on itself. There's nothing wrong with reaching for the stars, but the further to go up, the smaller your boundaries get, unless, but you still get to a point where you've gone too far and there's no saving you either way. There's no more proper saying "The bigger you are, the harder you fall.". Might sound sad, harsh and such, but it's the truth. What's more sad is how people delude themselves into not having enough foresight to predict such things, hence if and when happens, they are caught reeling, rug pulled from under their feet, and the sudden experience is enough to drive you mad.
#10hyro56Posted 11/21/2012 12:29:19 PM
Too bad they won't go out with any dignity.
---
Please feel free to correct me on my grammar and/or spelling. I appreciate your help.