Poll: FF game most responsible for the downfall of the franchise

#1Juxtaposition7Posted 11/24/2012 9:00:33 PM
Which FF game is most responsible for the downfall of the franchise? - Results (12 votes)
Any Final Fantasy from I-IX
8.33% (1 votes)
Final Fantasy X
8.33% (1 votes)
Final Fantasy XI
0% (0 votes)
Final Fantasy X-2
0% (0 votes)
Final Fantasy XII
0% (0 votes)
Final Fantasy XIII
25% (3 votes)
Final Fantasy XIV
16.67% (2 votes)
Final Fantasy XIII-2
8.33% (1 votes)
More than one of the above.
8.33% (1 votes)
I don't believe in the downfall of FF.
25% (3 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I think we can all agree at the very least that the FF series is not as good as it used to be. Games organized in order of release.
#2YoshioKSTPosted 11/24/2012 9:05:37 PM
You're wrong.
---
' Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.' - Sun Tzu
#3Holy_WraithPosted 11/24/2012 9:09:28 PM
FF13

It really wasn't an RPG and weapons and leveling system suck and story sucks too.
---
Now playing Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy III (on PSP), Halo 4 and Oblivion
Halo 4 owns Call of Doody: Black Ops II
#4theofficefan99Posted 11/24/2012 9:10:46 PM
The correct answer is XIV and XIII-2. XIII was divisive just like VIII, but that's about it. They could have just moved on, and XIV should not have been that big of a **** stain on the FF name.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#5King_Shortt_IXPosted 11/24/2012 9:15:17 PM
XIII.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#6DragoonGriffithPosted 11/24/2012 9:15:39 PM
After FFVI everything was mediocre at best... :T

Serious answer, I think there's no real downfall. 1-2 games don't mark the end of a long-running series.

For all we know, Versus and FFXV could turn out to be really good. And there's also ARR for the MMO crowd.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBEvtA4Uuwk
So much nostalgia already...
#7theofficefan99Posted 11/24/2012 9:19:49 PM
King_Shortt_IX posted...
XIII.

How? How was XIII responsible? It was divisive, and that's about it. It still garnered great sales and a decent reception from critics.

It's the Lightning Saga as a whole along with XIV's MASSIVE failure that has really been slowly killing the franchise as of late.

The one most responsible has been XIV, though. Abysmal sales, abysmal reception from both fans and critics, tarnished the brand name, and pushed the series' schedule back a few years, as confirmed by Wada.

Everyone who votes XIII in all honesty has no clue what they're talking about and are just blindly voting because they personally don't like it.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#8MagiusNecrosPosted 11/24/2012 9:24:26 PM
Developer Staff
---
I GILGAMESH FAN KING WILL CONQUER THE VERSUS BOARD! HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Official GILGAMESH/BARBATOS/MAGNUS of every Gamefaqs Board
#9TorgoForeverPosted 11/24/2012 9:25:53 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
King_Shortt_IX posted...
XIII.

How? How was XIII responsible? It was divisive, and that's about it. It still garnered great sales and a decent reception from critics.

It's the Lightning Saga as a whole along with XIV's MASSIVE failure that has really been slowly killing the franchise as of late.

The one most responsible has been XIV, though. Abysmal sales, abysmal reception from both fans and critics, tarnished the brand name, and pushed the series' schedule back a few years, as confirmed by Wada.

Everyone who votes XIII in all honesty has no clue what they're talking about and are just blindly voting because they personally don't like it.

FFXIII gave Jim Sterling his career, which began the end of all games, including FF. You were saying?
---
Never buy a cosplay without giving your actual dimensions. My Rinnosuke came in too large. :\
oFFiciAL ToRgO and tOMmy wiSEaU oF tHE qUIttinG RETurneRS
#10ExtremeLightPosted 11/24/2012 9:26:41 PM
I say there is no "downfall". If there was then the blame would fall on FFXIV.
I still don't understand why people say FF13 was bad... Heck I love it to death. XIII-2 was more entertaining because of simply Caius and Warrior Goddess Lightning Despite her brief appearances.
Not one game really brought SE down that much those. I think it was a lack of stronger games like VII, X and Dissidia. Versus and/or LR could change the course.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, BO2 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. 2013. Lightning Return will be super awesome.