I really wish they kept the FF13 battle system...

#61kupo1705Posted 11/30/2012 8:25:06 AM
Panda_Kun posted...
kupo1705 posted...
Panda_Kun posted...
kupo1705 posted...
Anything is better than XIIIs battle system, so it's a step forward.

Skyrim sux.

It's better than FFXIII.

The battle system or lack there of in Skyrim makes it horrible. XIII's was far more superior in every way.

The gameplay is still better.
#62Panda_KunPosted 11/30/2012 8:42:46 AM
kupo1705 posted...
Panda_Kun posted...
kupo1705 posted...
Panda_Kun posted...
kupo1705 posted...
Anything is better than XIIIs battle system, so it's a step forward.

Skyrim sux.

It's better than FFXIII.

The battle system or lack there of in Skyrim makes it horrible. XIII's was far more superior in every way.

The gameplay is still better.

If you mean customization and exploration, then sure. But then I realize how every dungeon was just copy and paste from another with the same Draugr and Spiders over and over. And how customization of characters was a blast until I noticed some skills in the perk tree are just plain useless, and the playthroughs remains largely the same despite what type of character you end up as.
---
(o)(o)
( O^O)" The Official Super Panda of GFaqs.
#63Terra-BranfordPosted 11/30/2012 8:46:51 AM
So in conclusion, FFXIII>Skyrim.
#64CheckDaMicPosted 11/30/2012 8:54:31 AM(edited)
I liked it, but it's time to move on. Everytime i watch NetherRealm Studios reuse the same engine i just scream "cashcow!". MK Deadly Alliance, Deception, and Armageddon all shared the same engine. And MK vs DC is a modified version of the MKDA-MKA engine using unreal. MK9 is a modified version of MK vs DC (and of course inherited MKDA-MKA stuff)

If you don't get it right the second time it's time to start over. I am willing to give second chances, but to keep reusing the same engine over and over, just slightly modified here and there just tells me all they care about is how much money they can make.

So they are starting over, which is a good and a bad sign. Good because the above mentioned, and bad because with starting from scratch is like always a test for next time, in which you hope to achieve your goals from the previous game.

Since there will be no LR13-2. the battle system unfortunately is nothing but a test for Versus 13, no different then MK vs DC was for MK9. Versus will be "the second try" with the engine.

My personal opinion: Both MK vs DC and MKDA were better than the games that came after each of them. I don't like taking a engine and turning it into a "Frakenstein" as i like to call it. Constant modifying and modifying, over and over. Till eventually it is monster of its former self. I like things when they are at its purest. So LR-13 might get the nod over Versus even though it came first.

Games nowadays are meant to be casual hardcore hybrid games. The idea is "how can we bridge the gap so that we can sell the most copies?" The game industry is merely a shadow of its former self.

My opinion is in order for it to move forward, the focus must shift 99.7% to the hardcore players and not worry about how many copies you sell. Dark Souls is a slight example of where the industry should be heading. The games will still sell copies.

Will the battle system in LR-13 be deep? Or will it be shallow? Or will it bridge the gap for both types of players? That is what lies in the end for LR-13's battle system.
#65ClausudoPosted 11/30/2012 8:53:30 AM
Skyrim is better than FFXIII.
---
I will be FFXIV player very soon! Let us shall make good memories!!! :]
#66Panda_KunPosted 11/30/2012 8:54:24 AM
Terra-Branford posted...
So in conclusion, FFXIII>Skyrim.

Yeah, sure. Even Lamething had more character than the "characters" in Skyrim, that for the most part mute unless they do a dragonshout.
---
(o)(o)
#67Elice_CarolPosted 11/30/2012 10:47:17 AM

I gotta question for you. How does one "suck arse" when an arse is not something that can be sucked?
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://pbskids.org/arthur/games/factsopinions/
#68kupo1705Posted 11/30/2012 10:56:43 AM
Elice_Carol posted...

I gotta question for you. How does one "suck arse" when an arse is not something that can be sucked?

It can be sucked.
#69kupo1705Posted 11/30/2012 10:59:32 AM
Panda_Kun posted...
If you mean customization and exploration, then sure. But then I realize how every dungeon was just copy and paste from another with the same Draugr and Spiders over and over. And how customization of characters was a blast until I noticed some skills in the perk tree are just plain useless, and the playthroughs remains largely the same despite what type of character you end up as.

As opposed to FFXIIIs corridors? I'll take the dungeons, thank you.
Are you saying Skyrim's customization is terrible while defending FFXIII? The game that gives you no freedom whatsoever?
That's where roleplaying comes into play. Because you know, it's an RPG. Unlike FFXIII.
#70Panda_KunPosted 11/30/2012 8:08:19 PM
kupo1705 posted...
Panda_Kun posted...

As opposed to FFXIIIs corridors? I'll take the dungeons, thank you.
Are you saying Skyrim's customization is terrible while defending FFXIII? The game that gives you no freedom whatsoever?
That's where roleplaying comes into play. Because you know, it's an RPG. Unlike FFXIII.

Course you would. You're obviously a Bethesda fanboy. At least XIII had a variety of the environments. Skyrim was copy and paste for the most part. And last I checked, one is WRPG while the other is JRPG.
---
(o)(o)