I really wish they kept the FF13 battle system...

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. I really wish they kept the FF13 battle system...
2 years ago#71
oh look, one person going on and on about how much XIII "sucks"

that's not something you see everyday
---
Sometimes I like to kneel down. Put my arms around my knee's and lean foward. Why? Cause that's how I roll
S.T.A.R.S. Member: Nemesis STAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRSSSS
2 years ago#72
Diablo56789 posted...
oh look, one person going on and on about how much XIII "sucks"

that's not something you see everyday

Ahh I know what you are talking about. It is so sarcasm. Ahh
---
I will be FFXIV player very soon! Let us shall make good memories!!! :]
2 years ago#73
CheckDaMic posted...
Will the battle system in LR-13 be deep? Or will it be shallow? Or will it bridge the gap for both types of players? That is what lies in the end for LR-13's battle system.

LR battles are different from VS, VS style is more of inventory and menu action based battles with instantaneous character switch while LR is solo game and sounds to me like the first Onimusha with a job system.
2 years ago#74
jurfi1 posted...
Umm no no no NO! FF VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2 all are better then XIII and XIII-2's battle system. VIII is actually one of favorites. Very underated.

FFVI-IX are the same damn thing. I can agree with FFX-2 but I disagree with everything else.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
2 years ago#75
Lelouch71 posted...
jurfi1 posted...
Umm no no no NO! FF VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2 all are better then XIII and XIII-2's battle system. VIII is actually one of favorites. Very underated.

FFVI-IX are the same damn thing. I can agree with FFX-2 but I disagree with everything else.

VIII has timed hits, something the others don't.
2 years ago#76
j-fielding95 posted...
I wanted XIII-3.

I didn't want this.

You're in luck because this IS FFXIII-3. It just isn't named that way. Big deal?
2 years ago#77
kupo1705 posted...
Lelouch71 posted...
jurfi1 posted...

SMRPG had timed hits, that was fun.
---
Ni no Kuni - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUPIPBDA-I
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
2 years ago#78
I'm very much looking forward to a new battle system. I really don't think I could take a third game in a row of pressing X to spam relentless assault on absolutely everything.
2 years ago#79
I enjoyed FFXIII's battle system, although I can fully say that it's not the best out there >_>
---
President of the [SEEF] Club | Members: 27
Read [Zodiac Angels - Chapter Viola] @ [http://tinyurl.com/mcib-ZACV] Updated Every Saturday
2 years ago#80
Tiael posted...
kupo1705 posted...
Lelouch71 posted...
jurfi1 posted...

SMRPG had timed hits, that was fun.

That's probably where they got it from.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. I really wish they kept the FF13 battle system...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived