So I'm replaying XIII and I've made it to The Palamecia.

#1ZeroBeattPosted 11/30/2012 9:45:10 PM
Quick question, which spear do you recommend I upgrade for Fang?

-Bladed Lance
-Pandoran Spear
-Gae Bolg
---
---
FFIX>FFVI>FFV>FFXII>FFIV>FFVII>FFIII>FFXI>FFVIII>FFI>FFX>FFII>FFXIII>FFXIV
#2DaGreatOnelolPosted 11/30/2012 10:42:50 PM(edited)
I believe Taming Polewas the weapon that offered equal stats for Fang in terms of str. and magic. Seeing how in the end game where Fang is the most useful because she has the necessary spells, you want that weapon.

Edit: Taming Pole! I am so sorry TC!
---
"Damn right and I'll do it again. I am right so I gotz to win" - DMX
#3ZeroBeatt(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 9:51:00 PM
DaGreatOnelol posted...
I believe Pandoran Spear was the weapon that offered equal stats for Fang in terms of str. and magic. Seeing how in the end game where Fang is the most useful because she has the necessary spells, you want that weapon.

Oh ok thanks :)
---
---
FFIX>FFVI>FFV>FFXII>FFIV>FFVII>FFIII>FFXI>FFVIII>FFI>FFX>FFII>FFXIII>FFXIV
#4Panda_KunPosted 11/30/2012 9:58:30 PM
Pretty sure Taming Pole gives her equal STATS in STR and MAG.
---
(o)(o)
( O^O)" The Official Super Panda of GFaqs.
#5LolOkayPosted 11/30/2012 10:33:35 PM
I'd suggest you wait until you get the Taming Pole (late chapter 11). It has stagger lock, but Fang is not a primary RAV. Taming Pole has equal MAG and STR stats and IIRC it offers the most boost in stats.

Pandoran Spear will make the most of her SAB role but it's improved debilitation not debuffing. That means it will improve the chances of slow, pain, fog of sticking but not deprotect, defaith etc. Debuffs are a lot more useful than debilitation, and Vanille is the queen of debuffs (best SAB in the game no question). You could improve the pandoran spear right now, but if you do, I'd recommend just moderate improvements and using the bulk of your materials on the Taming Pole.

But using both (any spear) is viable, but the taming pole is superior. It's still your choice though.
#6DaGreatOnelolPosted 11/30/2012 10:42:15 PM
oh snap i messed it up. MY BAD TC. I am so sorry
---
"Damn right and I'll do it again. I am right so I gotz to win" - DMX