Poll: Do you want Toriyama to write a story for Agni's Philosophy game?

#11CranberryTacoPosted 12/1/2012 5:16:28 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#12CranberryTacoPosted 12/1/2012 5:21:47 PM
(Ipad mess up, My tablet appears to have a brain like humans.)

Love or hate Toriyama... In my opinion, his talent is more productive in handing the story side of Final Fantasy games, because i think his storytelling hardly lacks ... FF XIII had a great story, but FF XIII was milked and Lightning suddenly fell off a cliff and all of Cocoon and Pulse were ''fractured'' by time and chaos which hardly connected with the XIII story. However, FF XIII had a enjoyable gameplay. So on THAT tip.... Toriyama or his writing staff have very much.. I like the concept of picking up the pieces of Fractures... But it still lacked.
---
Slick Musician / DJ / FF Versus Munchkin Making moves yeah on the dancefloor, got to groove on, baby yeah real hardcore
#13ragnarokiusPosted 12/1/2012 5:22:46 PM
wheres the i dont know option
---
http://tinyurl.com/8pnek9m
#14DullahanEXPosted 12/1/2012 5:29:51 PM
What is it with the TC and dumb illogical questions? How would he even write that when he got his plate full like everyone else at SE? And since when is he the only writer and director FF related? Hell Agni most likely won't even end up game like most tech demos.
---
Currently Playing: Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time, Legend of Mana
#15shinigami_mattPosted 12/1/2012 7:54:04 PM
I don't want the game to even happen let alone anyone to write it
---
Go then, there are other worlds than these. - The Gunslinger
#16MagnaderAlphaPosted 12/1/2012 9:31:23 PM
CranberryTaco posted...
(Ipad mess up, My tablet appears to have a brain like humans.)

Love or hate Toriyama... In my opinion, his talent is more productive in handing the story side of Final Fantasy games, because i think his storytelling hardly lacks ... FF XIII had a great story, but FF XIII was milked and Lightning suddenly fell off a cliff and all of Cocoon and Pulse were ''fractured'' by time and chaos which hardly connected with the XIII story. However, FF XIII had a enjoyable gameplay. So on THAT tip.... Toriyama or his writing staff have very much.. I like the concept of picking up the pieces of Fractures... But it still lacked.

I disagree. Toriyama's strength is not in his writing ability, it's in his directorial skills. Toriyama is a lot like Masato Kato, too ambitious for their own good, to the point that their ambition is greater than their abilities to write a story. I'd put Nomura in with those two, but even Nomura knows of his shortcomings, which is why he always has skilled writers on hand to make better sense of his story/vision. There is such thing as being too creative, basically the ADD of imaginative thought. People like that need to be put on reins, and should never be given total freedom to write a story. Just like Cyclops without his ruby quartz visor, too much raw destructive power. When contained, it can be focused for good and purpose. Without that containment and focus, it just wrecks havoc.