How many time more do you think the FF Series will last?

#1AldathPosted 12/1/2012 5:17:02 PM
Well guys... we're on an era where great games are falling down to mediocrity, and new games are underated, but start giving great steps towards greatness. This era might be the end of the Megaman and Castlevania franchises, and maybe we're gonna see the end of many others. However, there's Final Fantasy, whose FINAL delivery hasn't been expected...

Sadly, said game is on hands of the worst JRPG developing company of the past 4 years: Square Enix. This company is Capcom all over again, selling their sagas as cheap actors on a Live Action Movie, using the "Shonen's Jump" formula, and being DLC>Gameplay>>>>>>>>Plot. Something sad since plots are what defines the JRPG...

We're finally seeing TRUE FANS turning to seek and discover new RPGs, new ways of entertainment, etc. And we see Square Enix falling under its own weight.

-FFXIII was a disaster
-FF Type 0 was never localized
-FF VS is on development hell
-All of the most awaited games from the fanbase didn't even cross trough devs minds

So, how many time do you give to the FF franchise?
---
"imagine if Metallica got together with the Power Rangers and the coolest kids in school and had a party in your mouth, and you were invited" THE_WIND
#2Tobi011Posted 12/1/2012 5:20:45 PM
As long as SE keeps making games for it.
#3ilikeikeilikeikPosted 12/1/2012 5:21:55 PM
I think the series is still going strong when you compare it to other long running series.

In my opinion the Final Fantasy series has aged well because they try something new every time. I think that if they had stuck with the same world and characters, it would have died a long time ago.
---
Haters gotta hate! Whiners gotta whine! Crybaby gotta cry!
Trolls gotta troll!
#4kupo1705Posted 12/1/2012 5:26:50 PM
Gameplay>plot is a good thing, what are you babbling about?
#5chocolatesodaPosted 12/1/2012 5:30:16 PM
Thank you for wasting my time. -_-
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmZ0XthctSI
#6Jude_MathisPosted 12/1/2012 5:37:53 PM
Tales series
---
Tales of Xillia coming to the U.S in 2013, Jude wants your support!! http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llzt2dPtno1qady71o1_500.jpg
#7King_Shortt_IXPosted 12/1/2012 5:55:51 PM
It will be dead before it hits XX.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#8ExtremeLightPosted 12/1/2012 6:31:31 PM
Aldath posted...
Well guys... we're on an era where great games are falling down to mediocrity, and new games are underated, but start giving great steps towards greatness. This era might be the end of the Megaman and Castlevania franchises, and maybe we're gonna see the end of many others. However, there's Final Fantasy, whose FINAL delivery hasn't been expected...

Sadly, said game is on hands of the worst JRPG developing company of the past 4 years: Square Enix. This company is Capcom all over again, selling their sagas as cheap actors on a Live Action Movie, using the "Shonen's Jump" formula, and being DLC>Gameplay>>>>>>>>Plot. Something sad since plots are what defines the JRPG...

We're finally seeing TRUE FANS turning to seek and discover new RPGs, new ways of entertainment, etc. And we see Square Enix falling under its own weight.

-FFXIII was a disaster
-FF Type 0 was never localized
-FF VS is on development hell
-All of the most awaited games from the fanbase didn't even cross trough devs minds

So, how many time do you give to the FF franchise?

-Look at thing from CoD. If Call of Duty were to continue this annual tradition of releasing a game every year. In about a good two years, CoD will die out. But Look at Assassin Creed. Recently it followed CoD in a way and release games every year (interesting considering that AC games being made in less then a year and CoD games are being made 2 years because of two different developers).
But FF is different from these game. It is more like the Legend of Zelda. Yes, the game uses the same characters, but each game tend to tell a completely different story and a different way to play the game. FF is similar.

A lot of games are RPG whether they claimed to be or not. Just look at the action packed Infamous 2. I don't understand what you mean by "TRUE FANS", Are you referring to RPG fans or FF fanboy? Of course people aren't going to wait several years for a game when they could play other RPG. But no game is as popular as FF series.
DLCs are now a part of the new era of video games. If you don't like it then suck it up. But Plot and gameplay are what's going to sell a game not DLC... well with the exception of CoD series. Also no one is making you buy DLCs and usually DLC HAVE to fit the plot. Other things DLC can be simply an add-ons say a new weapons or new maps with optional story... Well I'm talking about FFXIII-2 now but OTHER games does this: AC3, Halo 4, BF3.

-FF13 wasn't a disaster. It was a great story and a great gameplay. People simply had their expectations too high ever since FFX came out. Don't believe me? Look at FF12. All new gameplay but people simply didn't like the facts that it was "medieval" (with I call BS because Versus is suppose to be this mix between our world and Medieval era world.)
-FF type 0: I can't really say anything bout this other than the facts that if it wasn't gonna be on PS3 or "PS4" then it wouldn't sell well because then they would be on the PS vita and PSV is of course underrated.
-Versus is in no developmental hell. It only been in Development for at a year. Basically for 5 years people were waiting for nothing until late 2011. Expect an E3 appearance.
- Not true. Versus is run by a different groups. You could say the time spent rushing out LR could mean that they want to get another game out (Versus?). Also there had been talks of FFX HD for PS3. We already got it on Vita. Also FF7 remake probably won't come till after FF15.

My verdict: SE is here to say. Sure it doesn't look good now but this is a "phrase" after all. And since when were every single FF games considered good. If FF were to fall in the next 2 years the blame would be on FF14.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, BO2 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. 2013. Lightning Return will be super awesome.
#9MalakTawusPosted 12/1/2012 6:52:28 PM
chocolatesoda posted...
Thank you for wasting my time. -_-

I couldn't have said better.
This topic is so incredibly moronic (and sadly not in a funny way)..........unfortunately i noticed too late -_-
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#10MagiusNecrosPosted 12/1/2012 7:07:41 PM
Whenever they make the crap GILGAMESH Game.
---
Support Operation Suzaku: http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Localize_Final_Fantasy_Type0_for_the_West/
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board