Will Square Enix remake FFVIII?

#1ClausudoPosted 12/4/2012 3:37:47 PM
It is up to you to vote! - Results (94 votes)
Yes
28.72% (27 votes)
No
48.94% (46 votes)
Maybe
22.34% (21 votes)
This poll is now closed.
---
---
I will be FFXIV player very soon! Let us shall make good memories!!! :]
#2TorgoForeverPosted 12/4/2012 3:39:52 PM
2 decades from now with a revised plot, maybe.
---
Minority of 10,000: http://tinyurl.com/cj9qsgf
oFFiciAL ToRgO and tOMmy wiSEaU oF tHE qUIttinG RETurneRS
#3theofficefan99Posted 12/4/2012 3:53:21 PM(edited)
Maybe in 10 or so years.

Hopefully they can fix a few issues of the plot.

*cough* Orphanage Scene *cough*
*cough* NORG *cough*
*cough* Ultimecia's motivation *cough*
*cough* Ultimecia ignoring Ellone when she's right there while possessing Rinoa *cough*
*cough* Seifer magically being able to activate the Lunatic Pandora underwater *cough*
*cough* the Ragnarok Deus Ex Machina *cough*
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#4theofficefan99Posted 12/4/2012 3:45:01 PM
Oh, not to mention the game being a summoning spam-fest unless you fully understand the Junction System... in which case, the game is extremely breakable.

FFVIII could be amazing but its flaws really hold it back. A shame, really. I think it deserves a remake more than VII and IX. Kind of like how Legendia deserves a remake over Hearts.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#5TorgoForeverPosted 12/4/2012 3:56:10 PM(edited)
theofficefan99 posted...
*cough* Ultimecia ignoring Ellone when she's right there while possessing Rinoa *cough*

There's a slight error with this one. IIRC the Lunar Cry was ephemeral and her priorities switched to unsealing Adel withinn the time limit.

The rest are all vali- hey, WTF is Ragnarok doing not being on that list? It's the dumbest moment of them all!
---
#6DragoonGriffithPosted 12/4/2012 3:52:47 PM
They'd have to rewrite the whole story from the 1st disc forth and make the gameplay and customization more fun, for me to even consider buying a remake of it.
#7theofficefan99Posted 12/4/2012 3:54:08 PM
TorgoForever posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

There's a slight error with this one. IIRC the Lunar Cry was ethereal and her priorities switched to unsealing Adel withinn the time limit.

The rest are all vali- hey, WTF is Ragnarok doing not being on that list? It's the dumbest moment of them all!

Ethereal? You mean ephemeral? >.>

Oh, I didn't notice.

lol, I knew I was forgetting something. Added!
---
#8TorgoForeverPosted 12/4/2012 3:56:50 PM
DragoonGriffith posted...
They'd have to rewrite the whole story from the 1st disc forth and make the gameplay and customization more fun, for me to even consider buying a remake of it.

Can we hear your rewritten script? To kill time and boredom?
---
#9DragoonGriffithPosted 12/4/2012 4:05:16 PM
TorgoForever posted...

Ok, I initially wanted to say "no", because I'm not good at making up stuff, but let's try for the lulz:

1. Change NORG and make him more relevant. For that matter, try to do that with the rest of the cast that isn't Squall, Rinoa and Laguna.

2. Completely abolish the Ragnarok scene and everything space and time related, or if it has to stay, at least try to make it more coherent.

3. Squall and Rinoa's romance be less out-of-nowhere.
Everyone knows that they get together, but the game has poor execution in that regard.

We know his feelings and that he's basically denying it for a good portion of the game, but it needed better build-up and not just be "she's in danger, now it's time to show how I feel".
#10TorgoForeverPosted 12/4/2012 4:11:12 PM
DragoonGriffith posted...
TorgoForever posted...

Ok, I initially wanted to say "no", because I'm not good at making up stuff, but let's try for the lulz:

1. Change NORG and make him more relevant. For that matter, try to do that with the rest of the cast that isn't Squall, Rinoa and Laguna.

2. Completely abolish the Ragnarok scene and everything space and time related, or if it has to stay, at least try to make it more coherent.

3. Squall and Rinoa's romance be less out-of-nowhere.
Everyone knows that they get together, but the game has poor execution in that regard.

We know his feelings and that he's basically denying it for a good portion of the game, but it needed better build-up and not just be "she's in danger, now it's time to show how I feel".

Also, let's rewrite the Mission so that the party wins and now has to investigate the conflict while peacekeeping the land. The reasons for failing it originally existed to merely extend the story's length.
---