Will Square Enix remake FFVIII?

#21Ah04385Posted 12/4/2012 10:42:05 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
*sigh* I can't help but love VIII, though. And it's not nostalgia. I just love it. The setting and the atmosphere especially just captivate me with each playthrough. And, of course, Liberi Fatali kicks major ass and it makes me proud to be a Final Fantasy fan.

I can't pretend to hate ffVIII because I love ffVIII. This game could have been better and I hope they remake it so they can fix the flaws and make a few tweaks to the game to make it better. I like this game for what is. It's my favorite ps final fantasy but I'll admit the game is flawed. This game had potential to be better but they wasted it on a really bad movie.
#22Haku_Men_Posted 12/4/2012 11:01:02 PM
It is funny. I love VIII. I honestly enjoyed it and never really saw any real flaws with it...when I was younger that is. Personally, it could use a few finishing touches here and there, mostly with the whole Junction aspect. It is a great way to make your party as broken as possible early on, but it is all tied to one thing: the GFs. Without them, you might as well fight by tossing rocks so an additional method to balance it out would be nice.

Though, I would rather not have them change the story for the most part. The reason the romance is so awkward is because our lovable introvert protagonist is about as knowledgeable about relationships as I am at surviving being dipped in molten lava. Not to mention being a child soldier for the better part of his life.
---
When all else fails; hit them with the force of an 18-wheeler.
#23badboyPosted 12/4/2012 11:06:50 PM
Best FF of all time.
#24Lindaru111Posted 12/5/2012 1:48:38 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
Maybe in 10 or so years.

Hopefully they can fix a few issues of the plot.

*cough* Orphanage Scene *cough*
*cough* NORG *cough*
*cough* Ultimecia's motivation *cough*
*cough* Ultimecia ignoring Ellone when she's right there while possessing Rinoa *cough*
*cough* Seifer magically being able to activate the Lunatic Pandora underwater *cough*
*cough* the Ragnarok Deus Ex Machina *cough*

dayum theofficefan99, that's pretty bad cough you have.

Yeah they have to fix those issues..
---
You don't need a reason to help people. - Zidane FFIX
#25Junta_JastPosted 12/5/2012 7:26:51 AM
You guys know there is a solution to every single one of those plotholes, right?

The "Squall Is Dead" Theory
---
http://tinyurl.com/a2ahlju <--- My one true waifu, now and forever! My heart has settled, and shall wander no more! Aigis <3
#26FreakonaIeashPosted 12/5/2012 7:27:26 AM
Junta_Jast posted...
You guys know there is a solution to every single one of those plotholes, right?

Oh brother...
---
Something takes a part of me... Something lost and never seen, everytime I start to believe, something is taken from me...
#27kupo1705Posted 12/5/2012 7:49:41 AM
They'd have to change everything.
The gameplay, setting, characters and story.
#28TorgoForeverPosted 12/5/2012 10:48:23 AM
Junta_Jast posted...

Then you'd null the Unjust Persecution Theory :V

Wait a second, that also nulls the R=U Theory >:D
---
Minority of 10,000: http://tinyurl.com/cj9qsgf
oFFiciAL ToRgO and tOMmy wiSEaU oF tHE qUIttinG RETurneRS
#29Clausudo(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 10:53:43 AM
Squall didn't die because giant icicle missed to hit his vital organ.
---
I will be FFXIV player very soon! Let us shall make good memories!!! :]
#30kupo1705Posted 12/5/2012 10:55:41 AM
Clausudo posted...
Squall didn't die because giant icicle missed to hit his vital organ.

You don't need to hit a vital organ to kill someone.