Final Fantasy VII remake or Final Fantasy X prequel?

#1HitzkolpfPosted 12/5/2012 11:13:41 PM
Which is more preferred? - Results (132 votes)
HD rehashed Momma's Boy, Mako Emo, Tifa's bossoms, Weapons, Aerith kicking the bucket etc
48.48% (64 votes)
HD Jecht, Auron, Braska, Gilgamesh, Jecht stabbing a shoopuff's leg, Jecht's manliness etc
51.52% (68 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Not that hard.
#2badboyPosted 12/5/2012 11:16:10 PM
New game is always better IMO.
#3carnage_91Posted 12/5/2012 11:19:15 PM
*cough* try-hard *cough*
#4DragoonGriffithPosted 12/5/2012 11:21:19 PM
Yes, because both games totaly need something new to ruin their storylines even more.
---
Curently playing: TotA, WA3, Terranigma
#5TorgoForeverPosted 12/5/2012 11:25:47 PM
Seymour prequel pls.
---
Minority of 10,000: http://tinyurl.com/cj9qsgf
oFFiciAL ToRgO and tOMmy wiSEaU oF tHE qUIttinG RETurneRS
#6Hitzkolpf(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 11:27:44 PM
TorgoForever posted...
Seymour prequel pls.

No one is interested in seeing how the insecure kid grew up into a psychopath.
#7Wakizashi_513Posted 12/5/2012 11:34:29 PM
Who's the Mako emo?
#8MagnaderAlphaPosted 12/6/2012 12:04:27 AM
I never understood the appeal for a FFX prequel. I don't think there's ENOUGH of a story for a prequel story set around the Braska, Auron and Jecht Pilgrimage. Basically everything vital that we needed to know was shown. I think there's much MORE of a rich vein of story possibilities if they tapped into the Zanarkand/Bevelle war more than the three bros road trip that ends in disaster. Then again, FFX's world is pretty much over. I can't see ANYTHING more to flesh it out.

FFVII, I wouldn't mind a remake if it was able to do it justice. I just fear more than anything that, with the present state of technology(and even though we can make really detailed, graphically pleasing things, the scope is far LESS that it used to be), I just can't see it being possible unless it went the Versus route(taking maybe a decade or so to complete). To be a proper remake, everything introduced in FFVII has to be in the remake, just expanded upon. All those lego characters(main and NPC) have to be full-sized and near FFXIII quality), all locations you can explore in fixed pre-rendered graphics have to be fully, HD detailed polygonal 3D, exteriors and interiors, all meticulous in detail as far as unique touches to distinguish the look of one room from another. All Gouraud shaded 250 monsters(lots of unique models) have to be fully detailed and crisp, as does all 46 bosses. All weapons will have to be remodeled, all item effects, spell effects and 16 summons will have to be rendered as well(Knights of the Round, all knights will have to be modeled in HD). Scenes will have to be re-shot and re-directed to fit in with the new HD look. Lots of voice work, detail to mini-games, various vehicles(Buggy, Tiny Bronco, Highwind, Submarine), full detail to both world maps(Overworld and Underwater).... it just seems TOO much to ask for. IF such a feat is possible, that would be awesome. I still ache for a new FF game where you can explore multiple worlds(multiple world makes) like with FFIV and the overworld/underworld/moon and FFV with it's various worlds(hell, even with FFVI and Balance and Ruin).
#9kupo1705Posted 12/6/2012 12:06:56 AM
Neither.
#10FreakonaIeashPosted 12/6/2012 12:15:06 AM
VII.

X looks fine as it is on PS2, VII could use a revamp cause you know, all dem lego dudes.
---
Something takes a part of me... Something lost and never seen, everytime I start to believe, something is taken from me...