Have you seen Konami's teaser for MGS5, "The Phantom Pain"?

#151kupo1705Posted 12/8/2012 11:02:15 AM
Terra-Branford posted...
kupo1705 posted...
Terra-Branford posted...
kupo1705 posted...
Go play it and learn what good games are.

Nah.

Then you'll forever be doomed to play bad games such as Persona.

Nah.

Yes.

You refused to accept my help. and now you must pay the price.
#152ManaYukaPosted 12/8/2012 11:12:33 AM
Yeah I saw the DK souls II trailer then saw Jessica Alba and I was like WTF? Most likely she knows NOTHING about video games and is just eye candy.

Will probably not watch it next year, will just wait for the trailers like this year...
---
Best show: Game of Thrones Best game: Tactics Ogre Let us Cling Together
I am not female; Yukanna means "the valiant" in Japanese.
#153kupo1705Posted 12/8/2012 11:13:44 AM
Shows like the Spike VGAs show that video games still have a lot of maturing to do.
#154Hitzkolpf(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 4:36:46 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
Can someone enlighten me on what was so good about that trailer?

It's right there in the opening post:

Hitzkolpf posted...
I wonder if SE can pull off something as good, and mind-boggling as that for Logthing Returns' teaser.

And she explains it further:

Terra-Branford posted...
Because it's not supposed to be a whole revealing trailer, flashy CG and over the top action doesn't hype everybody you know, sometimes hints and teases hype people up. It isn't supposed to be a Metal Gear trailer, they're obviously just using this as cover, and will go all out with the hype train when they decide to announce it's Metal Gear Solid.

The teaser did just that; it teased the fanbase, and those not part of the fanbase as well.

A 'good' trailer doesn't have to be Lightning running on the beach, swinging her sword back and forth, summoning, jumping, slashing at Caius, with mindless pretentious poetic lines dropped here and there. Oh, and in CGI too.

A good trailer allows a healthy discussion of what went on in it.
#155theofficefan99Posted 12/8/2012 5:12:44 PM
Hitzkolpf posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Can someone enlighten me on what was so good about that trailer?

It's right there in the opening post:

Hitzkolpf posted...
I wonder if SE can pull off something as good, and mind-boggling as that for Logthing Returns' teaser.

And she explains it further:

Terra-Branford posted...
Because it's not supposed to be a whole revealing trailer, flashy CG and over the top action doesn't hype everybody you know, sometimes hints and teases hype people up. It isn't supposed to be a Metal Gear trailer, they're obviously just using this as cover, and will go all out with the hype train when they decide to announce it's Metal Gear Solid.

The teaser did just that; it teased the fanbase, and those not part of the fanbase as well.

A 'good' trailer doesn't have to be Lightning running on the beach, swinging her sword back and forth, summoning, jumping, slashing at Caius, with mindless pretentious poetic lines dropped here and there. Oh, and in CGI too.

A good trailer allows a healthy discussion of what went on in it.

Oh for ****'s sake. First of all, this was done a long time ago. Secondly, I never said a trailer needs CGI to be good. Lastly, XIII-2's trailers were ****.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#156TorgoForeverPosted 12/8/2012 6:15:19 PM
LenneValkirye posted...
Stopped playing MGS after MGS2 because of how bad it was.
I heard the plot ended with MGS4, so is this a prequel or what?

Welcome back, _Snowx_.
---
Minority of 10,000: http://tinyurl.com/cj9qsgf
oFFiciAL ToRgO and tOMmy wiSEaU oF tHE qUIttinG RETurneRS
#157roxas9001Posted 12/8/2012 8:30:45 PM
dils-d posted...
kupo1705 posted...
Aside from the main character looking a bit like Snake, I'm not seeing the connection.

He looks a lot like Snake. Plus, the flame guy is rumored to be Volgin, and you can see a Psycho Mantis/The Sorrow-looking guy in the end.

That rumor is wrong because Volgin shoots Lightning, his body has 10 million volts running through it.
---
Not changing this until DmCrap flops.
I dislike 90% of the FF fanbase.
#158King_Shortt_IXPosted 12/8/2012 8:32:18 PM
Hitzkolpf posted...

Nope. SE just does not have it anymore.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#159Hitzkolpf(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 9:02:49 PM
roxas9001 posted...
dils-d posted...
kupo1705 posted...
Aside from the main character looking a bit like Snake, I'm not seeing the connection.

He looks a lot like Snake. Plus, the flame guy is rumored to be Volgin, and you can see a Psycho Mantis/The Sorrow-looking guy in the end.

That rumor is wrong because Volgin shoots Lightning, his body has 10 million volts running through it.

It's not wrong. Volgin burns to death at the end of MGS3, and the hallucination is a re-imagining of Volgin's final moments.