To those who say FFXIII is being milked

#61torque800Posted 12/8/2012 9:47:42 AM
Arn544 posted...
Pawkie07 posted...
LenneValkirye posted...
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/06/final-fantasy-iv-climbs-mt-ordeals-returns-as-iphone-and-android-game/

Yet another FFIV re-re-re-re-re-release.
Good lord.

Well obviously. Unless they remake something any re-releases they do is to milk out some more money. It's a shame they don't make a new good FF title instead of milking the old and producing crap.

It's because they can't, they're an absolute garbage company now, haven't made a good game in 10 years.

They need to sell the rights of Final Fantasy to a company that can actually deliver a good product.

yeah, they should give it back to sakaguchi XD
#62EpsteinBarrPosted 12/8/2012 9:48:10 AM
DragoonGriffith posted...
Terra-Branford posted...
Every Final Fantasy title is used as a cash cow, wouldn't make sense not to.

FFV, FFVI and FFIX?

Funny enough, those are the best ones.
#63SuperturkeysPosted 12/8/2012 10:38:41 AM
Akushi22 posted...
Honestly, the way the cut off the ending of FFXIII-2, they needed to make another one.

That being said, FFXIII and FFXIII-2 were both great games. I wouldn't say they're great by the standards of some of the previous FF games, but on their own they were still a lot of fun.

My favorite is still FFX though. That ending. When is that re-release happening?

I agree with basically everything in this post. I really want the FFX remake for my Vita so I can feel better about buying it...
---
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters.
- Frank Lloyd Wright
#64lindaluvPosted 12/8/2012 11:51:30 AM
Where the hell is Chrono Trigger?!?!
---
Its not just a battery, its DURACELL
#65Terra-BranfordPosted 12/8/2012 11:52:05 AM
lindaluv posted...
Where the hell is Chrono Trigger?!?!

On peoples shelves.
---
I'm Val
#66mahroflcopterPosted 12/8/2012 12:45:19 PM
Until Square becomes like Capcom and actively and purposefully trolls the fanbase (seriously, DmC: Devil may Cry's sole intention was to piss off the fanbase... they even admit it) SE fans have no right to complain. So you get games rereleased on a regular basis; so you have a trilogy of games that you don't like; so they make crappy sequels (hey, if you don't like it... make your own personal canon not include the game)... they don't actively troll you (not on purpose), they are still releasing quality titles (Deus Ex, Sleeping Dogs, etc), have done their very best to listen to fans (do you really think Toriyama wanted to make XIII-2 the way he did? Hell no, he wanted the linear route again), and by god... at least they are still trying to innovate (LR is a prime example of this). Yes, SE has a lot of failed experiments (Dirge of Cerberus being one of them), but at least they are still trying in an industry where companies are spitting out a rehash of a rehash of a rehash of a rehash.

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII, Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, Dissidia Final Fantasy, Dissidia Duodecim 012 Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy The Crystal Chronicles (all of them), etc are and were all experiments to try out innovation. Final Fantasy Versus XIII is being made for this very same reason. Arguably not all of them have worked, but again, at least they are trying.
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
The DmC Demo didn't hurt my butt, it just gave it a rash. The cure? Play Devil May Cry 1, 3, and 4.
#67EIice_CaroIPosted 12/8/2012 4:42:07 PM
EpsteinBarr posted...
DragoonGriffith posted...

FFV, FFVI and FFIX?

Funny enough, those are the best ones.

Absence of FFXIII-2
#68Arn544Posted 12/8/2012 5:16:35 PM
mahroflcopter posted...
Until Square becomes like Capcom and actively and purposefully trolls the fanbase (seriously, DmC: Devil may Cry's sole intention was to piss off the fanbase... they even admit it) SE fans have no right to complain. So you get games rereleased on a regular basis; so you have a trilogy of games that you don't like; so they make crappy sequels (hey, if you don't like it... make your own personal canon not include the game)... they don't actively troll you (not on purpose), they are still releasing quality titles (Deus Ex, Sleeping Dogs, etc), have done their very best to listen to fans (do you really think Toriyama wanted to make XIII-2 the way he did? Hell no, he wanted the linear route again), and by god... at least they are still trying to innovate (LR is a prime example of this). Yes, SE has a lot of failed experiments (Dirge of Cerberus being one of them), but at least they are still trying in an industry where companies are spitting out a rehash of a rehash of a rehash of a rehash.

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII, Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, Dissidia Final Fantasy, Dissidia Duodecim 012 Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy The Crystal Chronicles (all of them), etc are and were all experiments to try out innovation. Final Fantasy Versus XIII is being made for this very same reason. Arguably not all of them have worked, but again, at least they are trying.

Dude they fired all the people who DID make the games we wanted and continue to shove lowsy games we don't want down our throughts. Every game you listed there was awful. Toriyama should not be anywhere near Final Fantasy.

Got rid of all the brilliant minds from their 90s games who were inspired by starwars and dreamt of making the next story like that and they put in a bunch of losers who wanted to make the next dbz/pokemon. (Went from a series taking a hollywood approach to that mainsteam anime trash).

Square-Enix has become the EA games of Japan, and instead of saying "well at least they're not capcom" we should hold all of these companies to higher standards. If you don't ride corporation's asses like a drill sgt. they're going to screw you every time.
#69_EggplantWizardPosted 12/8/2012 5:26:11 PM
I used to give SE the benefit of the doubt. ...but now I really see why people call them lazy and greedy. Instead of actually taking the time to produce something truly amazing, they're happy sitting back, re-releasing NES quality games on next gen machines, and watching the money roll in. Oh, how the mighty have fallen!
---
Currently playing Dissidia: Final Fantasy, Doom, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Final Fantasy IX, Minecraft, Secret of Mana, and Wild Guns.
#70King_Shortt_IXPosted 12/8/2012 6:56:42 PM
Asuka2013 posted...
King_Shortt_IX posted...
One is a classic FF, the other isn't.

In ten years FFXIII will be a "classic"
Any games before it are archaic by then. Get it right.

Perhaps.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.