ok, allow me to explain this true fan business.

#121theofficefan99Posted 12/12/2012 7:38:27 PM
MagiusNecros posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
Let me name some redeeming qualities
Lightning
The ending
Fighting orphan
Gran Pulse
Dealing with Bart craziness
Epic scene when party return to cocoon
Cid Raines
Battle system
Similar story to ffx
Variety of Fal'Cie
The Shiva sisters
Odin
Bahumut

Subjective.

Those aren't even... redeeming qualities. Those are just random parts of XIII that EL liked.

And stuff like "similar story to FFX (not at all)" and "Dealing with Bart craziness".... dear lord.

Also, how in the world is the ending a redeeming quality when it is atrocious? It failed to answer quite a few questions and it was nothing more than a giant chain of asspulls and Deus Ex Machinas. It was a terrible way to end an otherwise pretty good story.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#122MagiusNecrosPosted 12/12/2012 7:46:15 PM
It's hilarious how ExtremeLight left out key recurring elements as a minor redeeming quality, Chocobo's.

Then again. Crazy Chocobo.
---
Support Operation Suzaku: http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Localize_Final_Fantasy_Type0_for_the_West/
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#123ExtremeLight(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 8:03:00 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
MagiusNecros posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
Let me name some redeeming qualities
Lightning
The ending
Fighting orphan
Gran Pulse
Dealing with Bart craziness
Epic scene when party return to cocoon
Cid Raines
Battle system
Similar story to ffx
Variety of Fal'Cie
The Shiva sisters
Odin
Bahumut

Subjective.

Those aren't even... redeeming qualities. Those are just random parts of XIII that EL liked.

And stuff like "similar story to FFX (not at all)" and "Dealing with Bart craziness".... dear lord.

Also, how in the world is the ending a redeeming quality when it is atrocious? It failed to answer quite a few questions and it was nothing more than a giant chain of asspulls and Deus Ex Machinas. It was a terrible way to end an otherwise pretty good story.

Redeeming Qualities is basically what make something good. Those are minor qualities.

Also 13 story IS similar to 10 story: Lightning and crew go and attack Fal'Cie and become Pulse I'Cie enemies of Cocoon. Tidus and gang go and kill Seymour and become enemies of Spira (Mainly Yevon). Battle their way out of the area and take cover somewhere else- Tidus and gang ended up in Desert and Lightning and crew ended up in forest. Both crews sort of split up. They make amend, save the world and sort of bring the world to peace. Then second game begin and new threats arises. I'm not saying 13 is modeled from or copied off of 10 but the story is close.

The ending of FFXIII (assuming there was no second game).... Ok We beat Orphan right? So the world started to fall. Fang and Vanille relies their inner powers and became Ragnarok and stopped the fall. Serah and Dazh is unfrozen. We see Fang and V holding hands. It was basically a happy ending. Nothing bad about a good ending.

Let's be honest, there are questions after every endings no matter how good the game is at clarifying things. I assume you didn't understand how Lightning and others revert from Cie'th? According to the first game they found this inner strength and simply refused to surrender.

If we add the second game in this equation the ending make more sense.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, BO2 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. 2013. Lightning Return will be super awesome.
#124MagiusNecrosPosted 12/12/2012 8:08:49 PM
Can ExtremeLight tell Magius why XIII is similar to X?

Cookie if you answer correctly.
---
Support Operation Suzaku: http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Localize_Final_Fantasy_Type0_for_the_West/
#125Bl1xvanPosted 12/12/2012 8:10:01 PM
True fan, smhue fan...
---
"In the hands of someone who's good enough at thinking outside of the box, ANYTHING can be used as a weapon."
#126ExtremeLight(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 8:13:18 PM
MagiusNecros posted...

Because they are made by the same company. I don't want your poison cookies.

And I can't believe this many people just don't agree with "true fan" it's basically another wat to say "fanboy"...
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, BO2 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. 2013. Lightning Return will be super awesome.
#127MagiusNecrosPosted 12/12/2012 8:17:53 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
MagiusNecros posted...

And I can't believe this many people just don't agree with "true fan" it's basically another wat to say "fanboy"...

Incorrect. THe correct answer lies with Toriyama one of 3 scenario writers of FFX and if I am not mistaken Daisuke was there as well.

Tory also did event direction which he may have also did for XIII as well.

Your inept ability to answer a question for a game you supposedly love is laughable and pathetic.
---
#128ExtremeLight(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 8:22:48 PM
MagiusNecros posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
MagiusNecros posted...

Incorrect. THe correct answer lies with Toriyama one of 3 scenario writers of FFX and if I am not mistaken Daisuke was there as well.

Tory also did event direction which he may have also did for XIII as well.

Your inept ability to answer a question for a game you supposedly love is laughable and pathetic.

Well, first of all, I focus more on the games then the people who actually writes the game (with the exception of KH series). Also considering those things actually require research and it's not like more then 3/4 of the people buying this game will be able to guess what you just said. Also I was partially right when I said the same company (with the exception that the companies undergone a name change).
---
#129MagiusNecrosPosted 12/12/2012 8:24:41 PM
So wouldn't a TRUE fan know every little detail?

Kinda destroys your credibility.
---
#130ExtremeLight(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 8:28:47 PM
MagiusNecros posted...
So wouldn't a TRUE fan know every little detail?

Kinda destroys your credibility.

About the GAME, I'm not a true fans of the developers though.
---