ok, allow me to explain this true fan business.

#131MagiusNecrosPosted 12/12/2012 7:37:35 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
MagiusNecros posted...
So wouldn't a TRUE fan know every little detail?

Kinda destroys your credibility.

About the GAME, I'm not a true fans of the developers though.

Wouldn't knowing who developed a game be a vital concept of the game?

And leaving out certain qualities such as Chocobo's and other recurring elements and leaving them out of being redeeming qualities speaks much of you.
---
Support Operation Suzaku: http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Localize_Final_Fantasy_Type0_for_the_West/
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#132ExtremeLight(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 7:52:10 PM
MagiusNecros posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
MagiusNecros posted...

And leaving out certain qualities such as Chocobo's and other recurring elements and leaving them out of being redeeming qualities speaks much of you.

I know that SE produced the game. I know that Treyarch made CoD: BO2. I know that Ubisoft made AC3. Do you really expect people to know who wrote the story, Who the voice actors are, who were the characters design (Noruma whose name I always can't spell), who paid for this project, how much time was spent into making this game (I'm talking exact hours put in not years), who is the producer, etc. A lot of people would just use google to answer these questions.
Now if I focused on playing a game, then I have no motive to learn about who made it. It's not a vital concept. The vital concepts are gameplay and story. Those two are the stars of the game no matter who make them.

Chocobo's had pretty much been a part of every recent FF games. However, Chocobo were NOT redeeming quality for FFXIII (it was for 13-2). Because you could only used them in that one area of the game and it was pretty much pointless because you had to grind anyway.

And if there are other qualities. Why don't you care to tell them? I named a lot, not all.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, BO2 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. 2013. Lightning Return will be super awesome.
#133MagiusNecrosPosted 12/12/2012 7:58:33 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
MagiusNecros posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
MagiusNecros posted...

I know that SE produced the game. I know that Treyarch made CoD: BO2. I know that Ubisoft made AC3. Do you really expect people to know who wrote the story, Who the voice actors are, who were the characters design (Noruma whose name I always can't spell), who paid for this project, how much time was spent into making this game (I'm talking exact hours put in not years), who is the producer, etc. A lot of people would just use google to answer these questions.
Now if I focused on playing a game, then I have no motive to learn about who made it. It's not a vital concept. The vital concepts are gameplay and story. Those two are the stars of the game no matter who make them.

Chocobo's had pretty much been a part of every recent FF games. However, Chocobo were NOT redeeming quality for FFXIII (it was for 13-2). Because you could only used them in that one area of the game and it was pretty much pointless because you had to grind anyway.

And if there are other qualities. Why don't you care to tell them? I named a lot, not all.

Yes I expect you to. Otherwise you are relegated to Fan-normal instead of Fan-True.

You only named things you liked. Not bonafide fanbase redeeming qualities.
---
Support Operation Suzaku: http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Localize_Final_Fantasy_Type0_for_the_West/
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#134theofficefan99Posted 12/12/2012 8:26:08 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
MagiusNecros posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
Let me name some redeeming qualities
Lightning
The ending
Fighting orphan
Gran Pulse
Dealing with Bart craziness
Epic scene when party return to cocoon
Cid Raines
Battle system
Similar story to ffx
Variety of Fal'Cie
The Shiva sisters
Odin
Bahumut

Subjective.

Those aren't even... redeeming qualities. Those are just random parts of XIII that EL liked.

And stuff like "similar story to FFX (not at all)" and "Dealing with Bart craziness".... dear lord.

Also, how in the world is the ending a redeeming quality when it is atrocious? It failed to answer quite a few questions and it was nothing more than a giant chain of asspulls and Deus Ex Machinas. It was a terrible way to end an otherwise pretty good story.

Redeeming Qualities is basically what make something good. Those are minor qualities.

Also 13 story IS similar to 10 story: Lightning and crew go and attack Fal'Cie and become Pulse I'Cie enemies of Cocoon. Tidus and gang go and kill Seymour and become enemies of Spira (Mainly Yevon). Battle their way out of the area and take cover somewhere else- Tidus and gang ended up in Desert and Lightning and crew ended up in forest. Both crews sort of split up. They make amend, save the world and sort of bring the world to peace. Then second game begin and new threats arises. I'm not saying 13 is modeled from or copied off of 10 but the story is close.

The ending of FFXIII (assuming there was no second game).... Ok We beat Orphan right? So the world started to fall. Fang and Vanille relies their inner powers and became Ragnarok and stopped the fall. Serah and Dazh is unfrozen. We see Fang and V holding hands. It was basically a happy ending. Nothing bad about a good ending.

Let's be honest, there are questions after every endings no matter how good the game is at clarifying things. I assume you didn't understand how Lightning and others revert from Cie'th? According to the first game they found this inner strength and simply refused to surrender.

If we add the second game in this equation the ending make more sense.

You can find similarities between any story if you put it that way.

Also, I'm assuming that you just don't have very high standards when it comes to stories. You're okay with things being solved by people using their "inner strength?" Really? You're okay that the party was killing Orphan without a plan like an idiot? You're okay with the fact that the whole thing with Fang and Vanille and Ragnarok was a giant ass-pull? You're okay with the fact that the party was just hoping for a miracle? You're okay with the fact that Etro, which was never mentioned in the game aside from one time indirectly, was responsible for decrystallizing the party along with Serah (Dajh was a Sanctum l'Cie so he wouldn't need Etro's help, really)?

And along with that, the ending failed to explain the whole "make your own Focus" thing. It just seemed like a giant asspull that was never explained.

It was a horrible finale.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#135roxas9001Posted 12/12/2012 9:07:55 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
Also, I'm assuming that you just don't have very high standards when it comes to stories. You're okay with things being solved by people using their "inner strength?" Really? You're okay that the party was killing Orphan without a plan like an idiot? You're okay with the fact that the whole thing with Fang and Vanille and Ragnarok was a giant ass-pull? You're okay with the fact that the party was just hoping for a miracle? You're okay with the fact that Etro, which was never mentioned in the game aside from one time indirectly, was responsible for decrystallizing the party along with Serah (Dajh was a Sanctum l'Cie so he wouldn't need Etro's help, really)?

And along with that, the ending failed to explain the whole "make your own Focus" thing. It just seemed like a giant asspull that was never explained.

Crying as usual :)
---
Not changing this until DmCrap flops.
I dislike 90% of the FF fanbase.
#136theofficefan99Posted 12/12/2012 9:53:54 PM
roxas9001 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

Crying as usual :)

I'm not "crying," I'm telling the truth. :)
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#137Iampony1Posted 12/12/2012 11:10:24 PM
What am i reading?
---
Bring awareness to Type-0 and Vs 13
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-versus-xiii/63945817
#138ragnarokiusPosted 12/13/2012 12:05:40 AM
Less than half the games are even good, only three are incredible.
---
http://tinyurl.com/8pnek9m
#139DragoonGriffithPosted 12/13/2012 12:07:16 AM
ragnarokius posted...
Less than half the games are even good, only three are incredible.

This is true.
---
This is the weight of the blade that will protect the future.
Zan-Kuu-Ten-Shouken!
#140kupo1705Posted 12/13/2012 12:08:15 AM
Iampony1 posted...
What am i reading?

You shouldn't be reading it.