ok, allow me to explain this true fan business.

#71Elice_CarolPosted 12/11/2012 2:08:19 PM
Everything sucks. Even I suck, though only with a few things.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://pbskids.org/arthur/games/factsopinions/
#72ExtremeLight(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 2:10:46 PM
chocolatesoda posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
At least the versus board have more rational people and way less trolls.

I'm not sure if that is entirely true...

I'm serious. Go there right now not a single troll topic on the first page.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, BO2 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. 2013. Lightning Return will be super awesome.
#73FreakonaIeashPosted 12/11/2012 2:14:02 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
chocolatesoda posted...
ExtremeLight posted...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-versus-xiii/64871604
---
Something takes a part of me... Something lost and never seen, everytime I start to believe, something is taken from me...
#74kupo1705Posted 12/11/2012 2:14:12 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
chocolatesoda posted...
ExtremeLight posted...

Then let's change that.
#75theofficefan99Posted 12/11/2012 2:24:08 PM(edited)
ExtremeLight posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Wrong.

Again, if Final Fantasy XV was 2 hours long, had no replay value, no music, was glitchy as hell, had a terrible battle system filled with technical issues (think The Last Remnant but worse), and had a story filled with inconsistencies and plot holes, would not liking it no longer make you a "true fan" of Final Fantasy? No.

Just like how you can still be a "true fan" of Final Fantasy if you hated XIV because XIV WAS legitimately downright atrocious.

And a lot of people feel like XII, XIII and XIII-2 don't feel like FF's, or that something about them isn't as good as the rest (the writing, the battle system, the story, whatever), so does that make them not "true fans?"

Give me a break. Grow up.

depend. If those people don't hate those game then they can still be considered true fans. a two hours FF is nonsense except for movies. Otherwise such a scenario wouldn't be possible. Xiv is an mmo. Many people just don't want to pay a price every month. And why don't you grow up, you're basically dissing a good idea. If you hate 14 then you're not a true fan of the FF series. If you hate all games after nine then you're a true fan of the old FF aka psone era.

FFXIV has a 49% on Metacritic. Try harder.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#76ExtremeLight(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 2:25:18 PM
FreakonaIeash posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
chocolatesoda posted...
ExtremeLight posted...

That's not a troll topic lmfao. That person is merely saying that ffxv may be on the way
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, BO2 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. 2013. Lightning Return will be super awesome.
#77VekkererPosted 12/11/2012 2:25:36 PM
No matter how you want to rationalize it, "True fan" is still an utterly idiotic term and using it is foolish.

Elice_Carol posted...
Everything sucks. Even I suck, though only with a few things.

*whistles approvingly*
---
"And you have proved to be
A real human being and a real hero..."
#78FreakonaIeashPosted 12/11/2012 2:25:50 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
FreakonaIeash posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
chocolatesoda posted...
ExtremeLight posted...

That's not a troll topic lmfao. That person is merely saying that ffxv may be on the way

You need to know who the person is to know that this is a troll topic.
---
Something takes a part of me... Something lost and never seen, everytime I start to believe, something is taken from me...
#79ExtremeLight(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 2:26:52 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Wrong.

Again, if Final Fantasy XV was 2 hours long, had no replay value, no music, was glitchy as hell, had a terrible battle system filled with technical issues (think The Last Remnant but worse), and had a story filled with inconsistencies and plot holes, would not liking it no longer make you a "true fan" of Final Fantasy? No.

Just like how you can still be a "true fan" of Final Fantasy if you hated XIV because XIV WAS legitimately downright atrocious.

And a lot of people feel like XII, XIII and XIII-2 don't feel like FF's, or that something about them isn't as good as the rest (the writing, the battle system, the story, whatever), so does that make them not "true fans?"

depend. If those people don't hate those game then they can still be considered true fans. a two hours FF is nonsense except for movies. Otherwise such a scenario wouldn't be possible. Xiv is an mmo. Many people just don't want to pay a price every month. And why don't you grow up, you're basically dissing a good idea. If you hate 14 then you're not a true fan of the FF series. If you hate all games after nine then you're a true fan of the old FF aka psone era.

nope you try harder.
---
#80theofficefan99Posted 12/11/2012 2:29:15 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Wrong.

nope you try harder.

I don't have to. XIV is a legitimately bad game. It's Square Enix's fault for releasing a game that tarnished the FF name. The freaking CEO said that the FF brand has been damaged. Are you still going to try and deny it and say that people who don't like XIV aren't true fans?

Now, A Realm Reborn is a different story. That could be something special. But the original 2010 release? Hell no, that game was a disgrace.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin