And the secret SE title is...

#51theofficefan99Posted 12/11/2012 11:33:29 PM(edited)
DragoonGriffith posted...
Terra-Branford posted...
Zangetsu223 posted...
$quare €nix

They are a non profit organisation, why the business wants to earn money I'll never know.

Maybe they should start earning money with games that people actually care about.

This. Who the hell is going to buy Star Galaxy anyways?

I doubt anyone will read about the game and say "Damn, this is awesome, I want to play it."
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#52theofficefan99Posted 12/11/2012 11:36:23 PM
Snorlax_exlax posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
I don't get it. I've posted only 3 reviews on this site. Once it was to get XIII's 6.9 to a 7.0 but that didn't work out.

I'm not talking about that.

I'm referring to when you post metacritic scores, etc.

Relying on other people's opinions is something a sheep would do.

Not really. Over the years, I tend to agree with the overall average of a game. Of course, there are exceptions for every gamer, but I tend to agree with the overall average, which is why I use Metacritic. It's not really blind sheep behavior as it is being informed about a game and not diving into something because it looks cool and burning myself because I didn't pay attention to all the reviews that said the game sucked ass.

I recently did that with White Knight Chronicles, actually. I bought the game because it looked cool and I ignored the reviews even though I knew they all said that the game was terrible and I ended up regretting my purchase immensely. Can't even believe that Level-5, of all developers, was responsible for that massive piece of crap.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#53Terra-BranfordPosted 12/11/2012 11:37:25 PM
DullahanEX posted...
Terra-Branford posted...
Zangetsu223 posted...
$quare €nix

They are a non profit organisation, why the business wants to earn money I'll never know.

Maybe they should start earning money with games that people actually care about.

But their do, otherwise this wouldn't have been made. Pure and simple.

Yup, I guarantee people will care about this game.
---
I'm Val
#54DullahanEXPosted 12/11/2012 11:40:30 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
Terra-Branford posted...
Zangetsu223 posted...
$quare €nix

This. Who the hell is going to buy Star Galaxy anyways?

I doubt anyone will read about the game and say "Damn, this is awesome, I want to play it."

A lot Japanese tweets are excited about, but let me guess, you're going to ignore this substitute your reality or what's really there. I've said already, Browser games very popular in Japan. It's a culture thing hence why browser games exists.
---
Currently Playing: Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time, Legend of Mana
#55Snorlax_exlaxPosted 12/11/2012 11:42:43 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
being informed about a game

You know, walkthroughs, videos, etc will go a lot farther than reading a review.

And you tend to use metacritic scores when trying to make an argument over something, which makes you look like well...a sheep.

Which, by the way, I hate using that word. Using that and "fanboy" are things people love to spam when they can't make any real argument of their own.
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/exChardude.png
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc2mvjtZ4b1r9jqe0.gif
#56TheGreatPotatoPosted 12/11/2012 11:58:09 PM
Snorlax_exlax posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

You know, walkthroughs, videos, etc will go a lot farther than reading a review.

And you tend to use metacritic scores when trying to make an argument over something, which makes you look like well...a sheep.

Which, by the way, I hate using that word. Using that and "fanboy" are things people love to spam when they can't make any real argument of their own.

Walkthroughs and videos will ruin a game, though, while review scores will give you an idea without the spoilers. Of course you have to also know that SE will pay off famitsu, EA will pay off IGN and others, etc.
---
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
Mada status: arguing with a fat moogle.
#57theofficefan99Posted 12/12/2012 12:05:40 AM
TheGreatPotato posted...
Snorlax_exlax posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

Walkthroughs and videos will ruin a game, though, while review scores will give you an idea without the spoilers. Of course you have to also know that SE will pay off famitsu, EA will pay off IGN and others, etc.

I agree with most of this.

I don't really know if Square Enix is one of the people to bribe reviewers. Aside from Famitsu of course.
---
#58TheGreatPotatoPosted 12/12/2012 12:10:24 AM
Yeah, no one takes famitsu reviews seriously now.

SE need to stop doing massive English teaser sites if it is going to be for some JP browser game. It might be exciting to their Japanese fans, but it pisses off nearly everyone else.
---
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
Mada status: arguing with a fat moogle.
#59DullahanEXPosted 12/12/2012 12:14:15 AM
TheGreatPotato posted...
Yeah, no one takes famitsu reviews seriously now.

SE need to stop doing massive English teaser sites if it is going to be for some JP browser game. It might be exciting to their Japanese fans, but it pisses off nearly everyone else.

This wasn't for English fans, it never was. Japanese commonly like to use English because it looks cool.
---
Currently Playing: Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time, Legend of Mana
#60Wakizashi_513Posted 12/12/2012 12:20:05 AM
Lol, I remember when everybody was hyped for that Sony teaser just to end up being some dumb commercial.