Teasing Lightning's new outfit.

#81MagnaderAlphaPosted 12/17/2012 10:39:54 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
guzilla1993 posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
I'm not sure if it have been posted but one guy from the Versus board posted this:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45525072&postcount=393

I'm sure you are gonna throw over a table or something.

What. o_o
But if she looks like that, I like her new clothes a lot :D

Who the dragon lady?
I doubt she will look like that. But the dragon lady outfit does fit the color schemes. But it's missing the yellow-ness.
She's just some dragoon enemy from Versus that Nomura said isn't a particularly important character. One of the many classical FF elements to make it's way into Versus.
#82HitzkolpfPosted 12/17/2012 10:53:02 PM
MagnaderAlpha posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
guzilla1993 posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
I'm not sure if it have been posted but one guy from the Versus board posted this:

What. o_o

Who the dragon lady?
I doubt she will look like that. But the dragon lady outfit does fit the color schemes. But it's missing the yellow-ness.
She's just some dragoon enemy from Versus that Nomura said isn't a particularly important character. One of the many classical FF elements to make it's way into Versus.

That and the dragoon chick appeared over 2 years ago if I'm not mistaken. Way before LR came into the picture.
#83carnage_91Posted 12/17/2012 10:55:14 PM
Hitzkolpf posted...
MagnaderAlpha posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
guzilla1993 posted...
ExtremeLight posted...

What. o_o

Who the dragon lady?

That and the dragoon chick appeared over 2 years ago if I'm not mistaken. Way before LR came into the picture.

That and Nomura has been pretty much doing the same designs for a long time now, if I'm not mistaken.
#84kupo1705Posted 12/17/2012 11:28:50 PM
MagnaderAlpha posted...
ilikeikeilikeik posted...
I really like Amano's and Normura's character designs. They can be a bit over the top, but that's why I like them.

I'd rather have an interesting looking character than another skinhead on steroids.
Especially regarding fantasy games. It's why I was drawn to fantasy oh those many years ago in the first place. There should always be that artistic style that dictates that "innate creativity and imaginative freedom should take prevalence above grounded realism". In fantasy, in fictional worlds of magic and extraordinary feats of science fiction, stuff that might be illogical in grounded reality IS logical in fantasy. It's one of those bits that, "Well, if you want realistic, go play non-fictional set games. You can find them easy if you look!". So what if warrior chicks are wearing leotards, or strange styles of fashion(FFX's Tidus and Lulu, for instance), it doesn't matter in fantasy. Want practically dressed characters, I'll show you the door to a butt load of western developed games that might be to your liking.

Unless it's bright colours and crazy armour it's not fantasy?
#85Lindaru111Posted 12/18/2012 12:25:06 AM
ayaloren posted...
http://www.novacrystallis.com/?p=3893

Motomu Toriyama promised that Lightning would be receiving a new look for her final outing in Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. The first details of that design are finally here.
Set to be revealed through Japanese magazines this week, a source who got an early look at the magazine has appeared online with some fresh details.
The outfit, designed by Tetsuya Nomura, is said to be a mixture of several styles. Similar to her outfit in FFXIII-2, her upper body is covered in a black armor, while the lower part features a body suit. Lightning is also wearing elements of a classic white mage’s outfit, including a white cape and red gloves. On her left arm is a shield that looks like something you might see in Mobile Suit Gundam. Her sword is also different, now a reddish and yellow color.
A fan has created their own impression of Lightning’s new look using LittleBigPlanet art. You can see it here.
With Lightning Returns set to resurface at Jump Festa, we should be seeing even more news shortly. Stay tuned.

http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org3742583.jpg

May I ask, WHY Lightning dresses up like Gundam now?
I mean why?
---
You don't need a reason to help people. - Zidane FFIX
#86Wakizashi_513Posted 12/18/2012 1:33:35 AM
What's Gundam?
#87wolf riderPosted 12/18/2012 4:24:33 AM
Gundam shield!?

Are they just grabbing random stuff that works in other media and shoehorning it into LR?

What's next, Sharingan and a strawhat?
---
Capcom. Square-Enix. Bioware. Blizzard.
There was a time when these companies were spoken of with respect and admiration.
#88ColonelGuilePosted 12/18/2012 5:10:43 AM
wolf rider posted...
What's next, Sharingan and a strawhat?

Lightning walking around with a Ronin-gasa would be so totally hot.
#89MagnaderAlphaPosted 12/18/2012 10:13:10 AM
kupo1705 posted...
MagnaderAlpha posted...
ilikeikeilikeik posted...
I really like Amano's and Normura's character designs. They can be a bit over the top, but that's why I like them.

I'd rather have an interesting looking character than another skinhead on steroids.
Especially regarding fantasy games. It's why I was drawn to fantasy oh those many years ago in the first place. There should always be that artistic style that dictates that "innate creativity and imaginative freedom should take prevalence above grounded realism". In fantasy, in fictional worlds of magic and extraordinary feats of science fiction, stuff that might be illogical in grounded reality IS logical in fantasy. It's one of those bits that, "Well, if you want realistic, go play non-fictional set games. You can find them easy if you look!". So what if warrior chicks are wearing leotards, or strange styles of fashion(FFX's Tidus and Lulu, for instance), it doesn't matter in fantasy. Want practically dressed characters, I'll show you the door to a butt load of western developed games that might be to your liking.

Unless it's bright colours and crazy armour it's not fantasy?
No, unless it's not some sort of stylized design that where the artist takes some liberties over logical realism, it's not fantasy. It doesn't have to be ultra colorful or even crazy looking. It could be somewhat simplified too. Sometimes I want the mega-jumping, leotard wearing heroines over someone dressed extremely realistically and practical. If I wanted practically dressed realistic characters, I'd play something like Grand Theft Auto or such. Something set int he real world where real logical and fashion has to be adhered to. In a fictional world, creators should be given that freedom to do what they please without having to fear if the audience will nitpick(ESPECIALLY in the recent age where everybody is humping the "grounded" trend) that it's not "realistic" enough.