First look: Lightning's new look

#251YOUNHA-Posted 12/18/2012 1:46:00 PM
Average looking at best. But overall, it looks very disjointed. It doesn't match at all.
---
The Official Head Of The Established Secret Society Of T.R.R
SDB- "Crazy For You" : www.youtube.com/watch?v=4izc3i4Ulg0
#252chaosflame108Posted 12/18/2012 1:52:18 PM
Meh. I need to it in motion. Hopefully the upcoming trailer will change my impression.
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!
#253MalakTawusPosted 12/18/2012 1:52:38 PM
mahroflcopter posted...

My point wasn't that we should apply "normal" fashion sense to a foreign world, my point was that it doesn't fit Lightning's personality. I wouldn't bat an eyelash if Bayonetta wore something like this because it suits her character... but Lightning isn't Bayonetta.

The world is ending, Chaos has flooded the land, Serah is dead, Snow is stranded across the timeline, and she's been crystallized for hundreds of years and yet Lightning has the time to play dress up. That's my whole problem with all of this. The entire reason SE said we have a time limit is to make us feel pressured and make the end of the world feel imminent... yet we are going to be playing dress up with Lightning with 20 or so different costumes which thus far serve no practical function other than to make her look badass and stylish (again, something I would expect from Bayonetta). Those are contradicting gameplay elements.

Don't get me wrong, this is just one problem out of the many that I have with this game's design. On one hand, time is a precious commodity and we are forced to watch how much time we spend in each area... but then they add so much content to each area that they compare it to an MMO. On one hand time is running out... yet we have time to find dresses for Lightning to play dress up with. Lightning is supposed to be a very refined, practical and serious character... yet none of her outfits are the least bit practical or serious (previewers commented that "Lightning can wear bell bottoms and boots with fish installed in them"). We are supposed to put serious consideration into how we play the game, but then we have "You failed? Oh well, restart with everything you had from the first game and try again" in effect. The more info we get, the more the game design of this game sounds like a complete cluster f***.

I respect your opinion but i don't agree.
Imo you talk as if you know how this game will be and how the time will be REALLY managed during the game (SE has said very clearly that there are elements that can affect time, like fighting monsters, doing sidequests or performing miracles).
For all we know reviving those 13 days multiple times could very well be the real heart of the game, so even if each cycle will be quite limited, the game as a whole is meant to be quite vast.
The truth is that we know almost nothing about the REAL structure of the game, but you and other people complain even if the game in itself could be VERY DIFFERENT from what you imagine.

Also, costumes in this game won't have only a "fashion" purpose since it's been hinted that gameplay will be very connected to costumization.

Anyway, imo that dress is very fitting for Lightning and sure as hell not for Bayonetta since that costume's style has 100% a "Final Fantasy feeling" imo.
Degustibus.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#254DullahanEXPosted 12/18/2012 2:19:31 PM
Looks a lot like your typical FF armor, which I'm surprised about. It's alright, better than the second, worse than the first.
---
Currently Playing: Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time, Legend of Mana
#255Sephiroth ClonePosted 12/18/2012 2:28:23 PM
First thought was

ARE U LEADY GUYZ

YEAH

PUT YA GUNZ ON
---
Current Playing: With myself.
PSN: ThePorl.
#256theofficefan99Posted 12/18/2012 2:57:36 PM
Was it necessary for her to have Snow's freaking coat around her legs?

If it wasn't for that, I'd be okay with the design, even though there's way too much going on. I miss the old Lightning that had a simple, yet very effective costume on.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#257Iampony1Posted 12/18/2012 2:58:48 PM
theofficefan99 posted...

If it wasn't for that, I'd be okay with the design, even though there's way too much going on. I miss the old Lightning that had a simple, yet very effective costume on.

SE: "O you liked the other designs better, here have this 2.99 DLC"
---
Bring awareness to Type-0 and Vs 13
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-versus-xiii/63945817
#258theofficefan99Posted 12/18/2012 3:04:20 PM
Iampony1 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

I always stick with default outfits, so... *shrugs*

IDK it'll probably look okay in motion.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#259DullahanEXPosted 12/18/2012 3:05:53 PM
Iampony1 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

Lightniong changing her oufit to get different abilities (like a Job) is part of the games grow system. DLCing the entire thing makes a lick of sense.
---
Currently Playing: Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time, Legend of Mana
#260MalakTawusPosted 12/18/2012 3:19:18 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
Iampony1 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

I always stick with default outfits, so... *shrugs*

IDK it'll probably look okay in motion.

Considering that outfits will be strictly connected with gameplay, i don't think that playing only with the default costume will be good idea.......
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."