First look: Lightning's new look

#271theofficefan99Posted 12/18/2012 4:26:40 PM
FareweLLibra posted...
My biggest issue with this costume is that all of the pieces of what comprise the "look" seem really disjointed. The arm-armor, the chest plate, the cape, the flowing pant-skirt things (like Yuna had in X-2, almost). None of it falls within the same aesthetic.

Plus, it just looks very over-worked, unfortunately. I understand that it's supposed to be "fantasy" and I'm totally cool with that, but there's just WAY too much going on, unfortunately. It's not like XIII, where all of the characters had super cohesive looks.

I'm sure I'll get used to it, and if there are outfit swaps in the game, hopefully the "Ultimate" armor set will be palatable.

Unfortunately, this will be the only outfit seen in the game's CGI cutscenes.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#272MysteryVeilPosted 12/18/2012 4:27:25 PM
Iampony1 posted...
Ragnoraok posted...
LOL, Lightning is holding a keyblade!!!!!!!!

That thing Lightning is using would not even be able to open a door!
hell it barely even has an edge......o my it is a keyblade

So not as cool as Oathkeeper.
---
One year anniversary! MysteryVeil and eixeeee. October 27, 2012.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/790525/Broken-Angel01
#273MalakTawusPosted 12/18/2012 4:49:29 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
FareweLLibra posted...
My biggest issue with this costume is that all of the pieces of what comprise the "look" seem really disjointed. The arm-armor, the chest plate, the cape, the flowing pant-skirt things (like Yuna had in X-2, almost). None of it falls within the same aesthetic.

Plus, it just looks very over-worked, unfortunately. I understand that it's supposed to be "fantasy" and I'm totally cool with that, but there's just WAY too much going on, unfortunately. It's not like XIII, where all of the characters had super cohesive looks.

I'm sure I'll get used to it, and if there are outfit swaps in the game, hopefully the "Ultimate" armor set will be palatable.

Unfortunately, this will be the only outfit seen in the game's CGI cutscenes.

Not necessarily.
It's possible that during the game she'll obtain some sort ultimate armor (maybe an "holy" version more similar to the one seen in FFXIII-2) and that we'll see the "trasformation".
This was just an example.

.......anyway i love her new dafault costume so i really have no problem if she'll wear that during all the CGs :)

Imo even her "disjointed look" is done on purpose, infact i expect the whole style of the new world to be very strange and disjointed EXACTLY to incarnate the very "soul" of this world: CHAOS (mixing gothic and machine themes is already a clear indication).
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#274Chocotastic3000Posted 12/18/2012 4:53:45 PM
It looks good for a default outfit. It kind of reminds me of a darker version of Lightning's FFXIII-2 outfit without the feathers.

:-)
#275capnchuckPosted 12/18/2012 4:54:25 PM
I like the outfit. I am a fan of a shield that could actually be used in battle.
#276theofficefan99Posted 12/18/2012 5:03:43 PM
capnchuck posted...
I like the outfit. I am a fan of a shield that could actually be used in battle.

I am too. I just don't like how it's attached to her left arm and it's sticking out. It looks weird. Well, at least in the CGI render from that angle, it does. Guess I'll have to see actual footage to judge.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#277Ampharos64Posted 12/18/2012 5:03:49 PM
kupo1705 posted...
That looks very overdesigned.

It really does. Doesn't exactly mesh well at all, and even by FF standards (maybe leaving Lulu's skirt out of things...), seems rather impractical. Looks pretty ridiculous, imo.

...I kinda like it.
#278BlueMagicLorePosted 12/18/2012 5:03:53 PM
FareweLLibra posted...

Agreed. I wonder if her other costumes will look this...oh what to call it..."crowded."
#279EpsteinBarrPosted 12/18/2012 5:19:06 PM
So now she looks like a dominatrix. Nice. Way to start up new fetish fuel for the fanboys.
#280CranberryTacoPosted 12/18/2012 5:25:59 PM
EpsteinBarr posted...
So now she looks like a dominatrix. Nice. Way to start up new fetish fuel for the fanboys.

Definitly. I smell threads like Lightning SM coming up upon release of more footage.
---
Slick Musician /DJ/ FF Versus Munchkin [>R&B> NU Jack Swing >House>UK Garage >UK Grime> Dubstep is where it went wrong.