First look: Lightning's new look

#281EpsteinBarrPosted 12/18/2012 6:29:56 PM
CranberryTaco posted...
EpsteinBarr posted...
So now she looks like a dominatrix. Nice. Way to start up new fetish fuel for the fanboys.

Definitly. I smell threads like Lightning SM coming up upon release of more footage.

To be honest, I couldn't see Lightning in any other way. She's going to be on top, no matter what.
#282Yamato_NCC-1701Posted 12/18/2012 6:36:29 PM
IceRune posted...
What ya think
http://www.novacrystallis.com/?p=3897

One of the worst outfits I seen in a while.

That nova crysallis site has some of the saddest group of fanboys & fangirls worshipping this terrible outfit for Lightning.

I wonder if it's a "fanboys only" web site.
---
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery - Jigsaw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjdVE_GJR9E
#283theofficefan99Posted 12/18/2012 6:39:02 PM
Yamato_NCC-1701 posted...
IceRune posted...
What ya think
http://www.novacrystallis.com/?p=3897

One of the worst outfits I seen in a while.

That nova crysallis site has some of the saddest group of fanboys & fangirls worshipping this terrible outfit for Lightning.

I wonder if it's a "fanboys only" web site.

The person running the website doesn't even like the XIII series, what are you saying?
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#284CranberryTacoPosted 12/18/2012 6:45:00 PM
EpsteinBarr posted...
CranberryTaco posted...
EpsteinBarr posted...
So now she looks like a dominatrix. Nice. Way to start up new fetish fuel for the fanboys.

Definitly. I smell threads like Lightning SM coming up upon release of more footage.

To be honest, I couldn't see Lightning in any other way. She's going to be on top, no matter what.

What did you expect mate... Thats the Japanese gaming way, sexualise lol.
---
Slick Musician /DJ/ FF Versus Munchkin [>R&B> NU Jack Swing >House>UK Garage >UK Grime> Dubstep is where it went wrong.
#285zodiac_swordPosted 12/18/2012 6:47:08 PM
CranberryTaco posted...

You can take the Japanese out of that statement. In fact, entertainment in general is like that.
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#286CranberryTacoPosted 12/18/2012 7:11:33 PM
zodiac_sword posted...
CranberryTaco posted...

You can take the Japanese out of that statement. In fact, entertainment in general is like that.

True. It sells. Altho i've heard about and seen creepy fetishes especially in the japanese industry, but then again, Europe is as bad. Or UK.
---
Slick Musician /DJ/ FF Versus Munchkin [>R&B> NU Jack Swing >House>UK Garage >UK Grime> Dubstep is where it went wrong.
#287MagnaderAlphaPosted 12/18/2012 7:30:18 PM
shinigami_matt posted...
I eat food posted...
Awww they took the gun out of her blade D:

Pretty cool otherwise though.

Just realized that. It's a normal sword. I'm gonna be sick.

What do people seriously have against normal swords. This is Japan, people. A culture that idolizes the samurai. Even though they added a gun to a sword, it's STILL a sword first and foremost, and not the other way around. If anything, the sword aspect of gunblades(be it something like Squall's, or Lightning's Blaze Edge) is more important of a weapon than the gun portion because of that romanticism.

kupo1705 posted...
LenneValkirye posted...
I don't know what the heck is wrong with you people.
That armor looks much more practical than whatever characters like Ashe and Lulu wear.
It actually looks like something that is designed to, you know, PROTECT the wearer.

Knights used heavy armour. Why?
Because they had to take as many blows as they could before they died.
Lightning is supposed to survive, so she should wear something that, you know, allows her to dodge attacks.

Lightning's never been a heavy defender, but more of a acrobatic warrior. Steiner or Cyan, they were probably never meant to be flipping and air-juggling with the fineness of Lightning. Full, heavy armor would only make sense if she was a tank.
#288minime_senPosted 12/18/2012 7:55:58 PM
Now that I finally sit down and actually *truly* look at it...

...the real Lightning outfit for me is still the XIII one since it's the one that reflects her true personality and style by far.

However, I actually imagined myself going through Nomura's thought process as he designed this.

Light is at the end of the world as it slowly ending. The world is ruled by chaos, it's anything but orderly. It's mysterious, dangerous, dark, foreign and unfriendly. What she wears actually reflects all of these. The shield even looks alarmingly evil attaching itself to her arm in an almost alien-like manner.

The only remnant of who she was is actually her dual side-skirts. They're made of normal clothes, with huge pockets that remind me of her original outfit. I really like this touch because while they're not nice to look at, they serve as a reminder to her old self. The 21 y.o. ex-military girl who just wanted to celebrate her birthday with her one and only sister seems so far away now, it actually sent shivers down my spine thinking about it.

So yea... I don't think THIS outfit is beautiful, I don't think it's designed to be simple and elegant, or to truly reflect her personality. I think people are missing the point entirely.

Imagine the condition of the world she's in now, it's easily one of - if not the darkest setting in a FF I've seen so far. We know chaos seems to have effected everything. And in the context of the world and where it's going, this outfit is very fitting. It's intimidating, dark and dangerous, who can tell what that shield is gonna do in battle. It seems to have a life of its own...
#289DemonPathRevyaPosted 12/18/2012 8:53:04 PM
Hmm..... Can't really say I like it. It kind of looks messy, but still polished. But hey if I can get used to that fashion nightmare that is Tidus, I should be able to adapt to this design
---
"Not on my watch Monsieur Napolean Bonerhard!!!" -Tink
[Yoshida designs > Nomura designs]
#290theofficefan99Posted 12/18/2012 8:56:19 PM
minime_sen posted...
Now that I finally sit down and actually *truly* look at it...

...the real Lightning outfit for me is still the XIII one since it's the one that reflects her true personality and style by far.

However, I actually imagined myself going through Nomura's thought process as he designed this.

Light is at the end of the world as it slowly ending. The world is ruled by chaos, it's anything but orderly. It's mysterious, dangerous, dark, foreign and unfriendly. What she wears actually reflects all of these. The shield even looks alarmingly evil attaching itself to her arm in an almost alien-like manner.

The only remnant of who she was is actually her dual side-skirts. They're made of normal clothes, with huge pockets that remind me of her original outfit. I really like this touch because while they're not nice to look at, they serve as a reminder to her old self. The 21 y.o. ex-military girl who just wanted to celebrate her birthday with her one and only sister seems so far away now, it actually sent shivers down my spine thinking about it.

So yea... I don't think THIS outfit is beautiful, I don't think it's designed to be simple and elegant, or to truly reflect her personality. I think people are missing the point entirely.

Imagine the condition of the world she's in now, it's easily one of - if not the darkest setting in a FF I've seen so far. We know chaos seems to have effected everything. And in the context of the world and where it's going, this outfit is very fitting. It's intimidating, dark and dangerous, who can tell what that shield is gonna do in battle. It seems to have a life of its own...

The problem with it is that it looks ridiculous. I don't even know how she breathes or bends with that thing on. The shield being attached to her left arm and sticking out is pretty bizarre, and Snow's coat being attached to her lower body seems really weird.

And I know it's not Snow's coat. It just looks like it. And it looks hella goofy.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin