First look: Lightning's new look

#291zshippozxPosted 12/18/2012 9:01:09 PM
i like the armored lightning waaaaaaaaaaay better.....
---
SSF4: main- Sakura sub- ibuki 3rd Strike main - ibuki
GT: foxdemon3392 PSN: EXShouoken
#292theofficefan99Posted 12/18/2012 9:05:09 PM
I thought SE randomly making Lightning into a goddess was like a fanfiction made real, but this is even worse.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#293minime_senPosted 12/18/2012 9:08:18 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
minime_sen posted...
Now that I finally sit down and actually *truly* look at it...

...the real Lightning outfit for me is still the XIII one since it's the one that reflects her true personality and style by far.

However, I actually imagined myself going through Nomura's thought process as he designed this.

Light is at the end of the world as it slowly ending. The world is ruled by chaos, it's anything but orderly. It's mysterious, dangerous, dark, foreign and unfriendly. What she wears actually reflects all of these. The shield even looks alarmingly evil attaching itself to her arm in an almost alien-like manner.

The only remnant of who she was is actually her dual side-skirts. They're made of normal clothes, with huge pockets that remind me of her original outfit. I really like this touch because while they're not nice to look at, they serve as a reminder to her old self. The 21 y.o. ex-military girl who just wanted to celebrate her birthday with her one and only sister seems so far away now, it actually sent shivers down my spine thinking about it.

So yea... I don't think THIS outfit is beautiful, I don't think it's designed to be simple and elegant, or to truly reflect her personality. I think people are missing the point entirely.

Imagine the condition of the world she's in now, it's easily one of - if not the darkest setting in a FF I've seen so far. We know chaos seems to have effected everything. And in the context of the world and where it's going, this outfit is very fitting. It's intimidating, dark and dangerous, who can tell what that shield is gonna do in battle. It seems to have a life of its own...

The problem with it is that it looks ridiculous. I don't even know how she breathes or bends with that thing on. The shield being attached to her left arm and sticking out is pretty bizarre, and Snow's coat being attached to her lower body seems really weird.

And I know it's not Snow's coat. It just looks like it. And it looks hella goofy.

As I said, in the context of the world she's about to face, it's not as ridiculous as you made it out to be. See it in action first, and maybe you'll get why it's designed that way.

Oh, that thing looks rubbery, thick/hard rubber probably. Totally bendable.
#294RikkettikPosted 12/18/2012 9:14:50 PM
Looks... demonic.

I don't know; it's not bad, but I'm not a fan of the sleeves and the pauldrons (or whatever the hell that spiky thing is).
#295Panda_KunPosted 12/18/2012 9:19:32 PM
minime_sen posted...

...the real Lightning outfit for me is still the XIII one since it's the one that reflects her true personality and style by far.

However, I actually imagined myself going through Nomura's thought process as he designed this.

Light is at the end of the world as it slowly ending. The world is ruled by chaos, it's anything but orderly. It's mysterious, dangerous, dark, foreign and unfriendly. What she wears actually reflects all of these. The shield even looks alarmingly evil attaching itself to her arm in an almost alien-like manner.

The only remnant of who she was is actually her dual side-skirts. They're made of normal clothes, with huge pockets that remind me of her original outfit. I really like this touch because while they're not nice to look at, they serve as a reminder to her old self. The 21 y.o. ex-military girl who just wanted to celebrate her birthday with her one and only sister seems so far away now, it actually sent shivers down my spine thinking about it.

So yea... I don't think THIS outfit is beautiful, I don't think it's designed to be simple and elegant, or to truly reflect her personality. I think people are missing the point entirely.

Imagine the condition of the world she's in now, it's easily one of - if not the darkest setting in a FF I've seen so far. We know chaos seems to have effected everything. And in the context of the world and where it's going, this outfit is very fitting. It's intimidating, dark and dangerous, who can tell what that shield is gonna do in battle. It seems to have a life of its own...

That's quite the analysis. You made everything seem cooler than what they really are.
---
(o)(o)
( O^O) The Official Super Panda of GFaqs.
#296The_FoolXXIIPosted 12/18/2012 9:58:45 PM
No offense but oh my god, that design is... I can't even pinpoint the right word to describe it. This video should sum up my feelings for it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vHRMeRszw4
---
MORNING RESCUE!
The Official Litwick and Bianca of the BW2 Boards
#297VanilleHopenPosted 12/19/2012 12:31:15 AM
still better than zidane's tail... o;
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#298CheckDaMicPosted 12/19/2012 1:14:24 AM
Everything besides the shield is fine.

Lose the shield, Square. Lets be serious here.
#299PillsberyDoeManPosted 12/19/2012 1:59:01 AM
minime_sen posted...

well, despite your efforts to make sense of this default costume, a certain fact still stands. there are truckloads of people, who's initial reaction (including mine) was disgust. that's not the kind of impression you want the people interested in your game to have. the design could've been much better imo. you can have a costume that represents chaos and disorder, without sacrificing its' presentability. there's better out there and it's certainly not nomura's best work. it gives off a strange, "sloppy" feel to it.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii... -> EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
Zelda Timeline! - http://goo.gl/XFceA
#300mahroflcopterPosted 12/19/2012 2:02:17 AM
minime_sen posted...

This part was the only reason I didn't completely write the outfit off in the first place. I too noticed that her skirts look like they are torn right off from her old military jacket and felt that it added a much needed personal touch that is very much a "Lightning-esque" thing.

For me, if the armor actually served a function (aka it was a full breastplate like her Warrior Goddess armor was rather than a strapped on leather looking one that leaves her hips completely exposed as well as her entire backside), she wasn't needlessly exposed in some areas (what is the point of armor if 80% of what the armor is supposed to be protecting is left exposed?), and if certain parts of her weren't blatantly sexualized for the sake of being sexualized... I'd really like the design.
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
To the Devil May Cry franchise: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls0e5g1oWn1qjkv09o1_500.gif... at least for now.